Delocated's Round 2 Showdown!

Delocated420

Delocated's "Round 2" showdown!

Hi everyone and welcome to the Round 2 Showdown!

if you fallowed me through my last grow I made more mistakes than i can count on both hands, I had my light
to close to the canopy @ flip, used organic nutes, random size pots, so on and so forth. But this time around
ive gathered a seemingly infinite and vast amount of knowledge from the great growers on these forums such
as Xlr8, and Vick074.

This time around I completely eliminated the additional strains i had; chemdog, and jack herer, in favor
of my 2 reliable solid strains; Exodus Cheese (UK cut) and Blackberry Kush "X" that was started from a seed
i found in some very potent and purple Blackberry Kush, i then cloned and kept her going for her massive
trichome production and pretty large yields.

I started out by taking cuttings of each strain, 5 each to be exact, in late December, they drooped the first night,
then snapped right back. Now all 5 of the Blackberry Kush are rooted substantially and 2 ExodusCheese have
taken root. ExodusCheese is a hard to clone strain, so 2 out of 5 is quite successful!

So here in a couple hours I am going to get some Black and White poly plastic film to wrap the grow room and
get a bag of Fox Farms Happy Frog soil and 1 more needed container, then im gonna zip over to wally world(aka walmart)
and get some organicly sourced dietary calcium supplement pills to crush and put into the soil as an ammendment
after I get back i'll be thoroughly cleaning the walls, floors, and fans then putting up the new white walls and
transplanting the clones into their new homes.

I'll be vegging the girls for 30 days on the GLR, i chose the GLR because it will help keep temps down and
keep the electric bill lower lol

So just to re-cap for everyone.

What strain is it?
- Exodus Cheese UK cut
- Blackberry Kush "x"

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid?
- both hybrids

Is it in Veg or Flower stage?
- veg

If in Veg stage... For how long?
- transplant takes place tonight

Indoor or outdoor?
- Indoors

Soil or Hydro?
- Soil

If soil... what is in your mix?
- Fox Farms Happy Frog (i love the active myco's!)

If soil... What size pot?
- all 4 gallon pots

Size of light?
- 1000w switchable magnetic ballast

Is it aircooled?
- In a cooling tube, not ducted out due to cold weather.

Temp of Room/cab?
- dont know yet, assuming close to last time

RH of Room/cab?
- dont know yet, assuming close to last time

PH of media or res?
- PH usually stays consistantly in the mid 6's

Any Pests ?
- not really, sum mites popping up here and there, but the Sesame Oil usually smothers them pretty good.

How often are you watering?
- dont know yet

Type and strength of ferts used?
- for the next 13 days i have to use my RootsOrganics nutes
- after that i am ordering BPN 2 part + liquid blue bloom

-update-

Just now got the room rebuilt and finished, gonna transplant the clones into soil tomorrow or the day after, i feel
like i need to let the exodus cheese clones root a little more before being put thru the shock of transplant.

I'll update with some pics after i get my phone charged up.

Re: Delocated's "Round 2" showdown!

heres some pics of the flowering room during construction

IMG_20130107_174444.jpg

IMG_20130107_174458.jpg

IMG_20130107_174515.jpg

IMG_20130107_174541.jpg

heres a top view of the clones in the cloner still

IMG_20130107_201151.jpg

and here's a few pics of the girlies roots underneath

IMG_20130107_201509.jpg

IMG_20130107_201515.jpg

IMG_20130107_201519.jpg

here's a pic of my mothers, Blackberry Kush "x" on the left, Exodus Cheese on the right.
IMG_20130107_201534.jpg

here's a pic of some of the Blackberry Kush "x" all dried, i smoked it so fast, it was amazing
IMG_20130102_134852.jpg

and heres a pic of the resin ball i scraped out of my bong bowl lol :high-five:
IMG_20130105_235457.jpg

Yeah D!!
Moving up in the world I see!!
Like the looks of everything so far.
Flowering tent is going to be awesome!
Your clones look good so far.
Glad you decided to go with all the same sized 4 gallon pots.
How many days have they been in there for?
What are temps? PH? and is the cloner just water? or are you adding anything?
I'm just wondering why you decided to go with a bubble cloner over the rockwool?
If you plan on planting them in soil, I would have stuck with rockwool cubes or rapid rooter plugs.
No big deal, and they can still be planted in soil no problem. It's just most people using bubble cloners are putting their clones into hydroton and net pots after. It just protects the roots a bit better when transplanting to soil than if you were putting the raw roots into soil.
It also conditions the roots to grow in a medium when intentions are to maintain the same kind of medium after transplant.
Hope that wasn't too confusing..

I think you made the right decision to wait a bit for roots to develop a bit more before transplanting. Smart.
They are going to get a bit of a shock when you do it, so the bigger roots you can get before then is always a bonus.
A tip for when you transplant, use the water in the bubble cloner to moisten the soil before you transplant. But make sure you're pretty much "nuteless" before transplant. If I remember correctly that Fox Farms soil has time release nutes in it correct? So you don't want them to be overwhelmed by nutes as soon as you plop them into their new medium. This could burn them.. Make sure PH is perfect.. That way they wont freak out as much because the new medium will seem a little more familiar to them then just plopping them in the soil. Put a layer of hydroton or lava rocks on the bottom and the top to help with drainage and to protect the top layer from bugs getting in there and laying eggs.
I'm not sure if you've already bought your soil or not but, ever thought of using Promix or Coco, or a combination?? they aren't loaded with ferts, Promix has mycos like you like, and they are far less likely to burn your plants in early stages.. That's what I use now a 50-50 mix.
One thing I think you could benefit from immensely, is Hygrozyme.. It will really help keep your roots healthy and white, in the cloner and in the soil. Since I've introduced Grozyme (same as Hygrozyme just the Canadian version) I've never seen such healthy roots, and my plants just love the stuff.. I'm a believer now, root enzymes are very important for healthy development.

Damn that Blackberry Kush looks delicious!
Congrats on expanding your grow brother!

:thumb:

Jon705, thanks for compliments, i really love this blackberry i mean i put it higher up than my exodus cheese :)

vick, yes i already bought my soil, and the ones i got were FF happy frog, an organic soil with humic acid and myco's, and that will fill the bottom 2/3 of my pots as the stuff is crazy full of perlite i swear more perlite than dirt lol
the top 1/3 of each pot will get FF ocean forest, an organic soil with fish emulsion and extra bat guano, my thought process there is that the top soil will offer the clones a natural and light source of food upon watering with PH'd tap water, which will encourage healthy and fast recovery from shock and as the roots grow past the Ocean Forest soil they'll hit the soil with active myco's and the roots will go nuts!

thats my hope anyways lol as we all know, sometime it works out differently lol

the reason i didnt get promix is that my local store just doesnt have any, so i got what was available.

the clones have been in the bucket since Dec 26th i believe, not too long really, and im just using 6.0PH water at 68-70 deg. F.
i chose to loose the rockwool because every time i would see a 1 in 10 rate of sucess with ExodusCheese as shes a total bitch to clone, and i figured i could establish the clones with a substantial root system with the bubble cloner more so than in rockwool which would hopefully promote bigger better plants. im still learning and

im sure ill make mistakes here and there but so far between the kind words of you and jon, i feel very confident in Round 2

and ill have to order some hygrozyme when i order my BPN nutes :)

and to both of you, thanks for the blackberry compliments, it took on more of whatever its fathers genetics was as the bud was a very sativa like uplifting euphoric high unlike its mom that was a heavy HEAVY downer instant sleeper. It's a bizzare phenotype, grows like an indica, yields heavy, stretches a good bit at transition, I love her.:circle-of-love:

Sounds good D.

I would just make sure that you hold off feeding any nutes whatsoever after transplant until you're sure they can handle a little bit more.
Can see now why you decided to go with a bubble cloner. Some strains are total buggers to clone I agree..

That Blackberry seems to be an amazing mix between it's mom and dad.
Best of both worlds!

ya shes a pretty special plant, i plan on never letting her die off like i have with other strains in the past. and i definantly wont be feeding for atleast 10 days maybe longer, thats why i chose to top soil with the Ocean Forest soil in hopes that will feed em enough so i dont have to feed any organics because the 20th i order my BPN, after that shows up its BPN all the way :)
pretty stoaked to try their stuff, especially since its a big step for me to walk away from organics.

would u recommend startin 1/4 or 1/2 strength on the BPN?

unrelated stoned side note
anyone ever watch Amish Mafia on Discovery channel? bad ass show, straight up Amish but theyre sum straight G's.

Update​

So I got baked and bored, and decided to pull the Blackberry Kush "x" clones out of the cloner one at a time to see how long the roots were, they measured a solid foot long on 3 of them and a solid 10" on the other 2, so being fully satisfied with those roots I decided to go ahead and transplant those into the grow room and its running on the GLR and maintaining 81 deg. F
i wont be counting the 30 days of veg until the exodus cheese clones are in the room too which i expect to be within the next 5 days, then ill spray them down with my mite spray a few days after they recover from the transplant shock.

So here's some pics i went ahead and grabed for you all to enjoy!

heres a nice group pic of the 5 Blackberry Kush "x" clones literally just after transplanting them

IMG_20130108_222944.jpg

Here's some close ups of the girls, for some reason i only have pics of 4 of them, but the missing one can be seen in the group pic, as you can see I added the DIY fermentation CO2 dispensers into the room, i have 2,1 wrapped around 2 plants, the other unit has a bigger res. of yeast/sugar/water and its wrapped around the other 3 plants.
IMG_20130108_223558.jpg

IMG_20130108_223601.jpg

IMG_20130108_223605.jpg

IMG_20130108_223703.jpg

they seem to be taking the transplant super well, theyre not falling over just a little droopy so id say its looking good :)

ya shes a pretty special plant, i plan on never letting her die off like i have with other strains in the past. and i definantly wont be feeding for atleast 10 days maybe longer, thats why i chose to top soil with the Ocean Forest soil in hopes that will feed em enough so i dont have to feed any organics because the 20th i order my BPN, after that shows up its BPN all the way :)
pretty stoaked to try their stuff, especially since its a big step for me to walk away from organics.

would u recommend startin 1/4 or 1/2 strength on the BPN?

unrelated stoned side note
anyone ever watch Amish Mafia on Discovery channel? bad ass show, straight up Amish but theyre sum straight G's.

I would recommend feeding at 1/4 strength to start out. then 1/2 strength.. and if it looks like they can handle more with no deficiancies? go full. But just remember, you have time release nutes in that soil already, so you're going to want to take your flushing seriously. Salts can build up pretty fast in those kinds of soils and can burn the hell out of your plants if you're not including flushing with your feeds.
I maintain a feed, feed, flush schedule. And a big flush before flip. Then flush for the last week before chop..

The mrs. and I watched a show on the discovery channel a few weeks ago about a Jewish dude that started running coke. Made the big time cuz nobody ever thought to search him.
Lived a pretty Gangster lifestyle.
But he ended up getting pinched in the end..
Now he's a motivational speaker to troubled jewish teens.

crazy show.

Jon, I usually would go to a 20oz party cup then to those pots, but with foot long root systems i decided theyd be fine going right into that, and quite honestly when ive tried transplanting multiple times in the past i ended up with small root bound plants so im just gonna see how it goes, but thanks for the suggestion

vick, yeah i fully intend on waiting atleast 10 days before they see any nutes, i read the bags of soil again but didnt see anything about time release nutes, only organic compounds found in the soil.. either way i plan on using the feed feed flush method too and ill be flushing for close to if not 2 full weeks to gaurentee its flushed out good before i chop them. I will probably flush at the flip as well, Ive fortunately never had too many issues with salt build ups, i usually end up with some sort of CalMG def. which is why im gonna get some CAMG+ and that Hygrozyme you suggested when i order my BPN

just sound it out...
say it really fast!
Now say it again really loud!

how'd it feel??

pretty good huh?

I just explained what it means in my journal.
A lot of people were having a hard time trying to figure it out..

wiw!

So the light came on for the 1 hour interuption of the GLR, was exactly 60mins dead on. Awsome :)

I decided in that hour to go ahead and improve some stuff in the room and just get a few things done so i dont have to stay up late again tonight, between the grow room, dad being sick, and trying to finish my 79 TransAm im completely wiped out.....its time for a big ol bong rip and good nap!

before i leave you guys for the day i thought id drop a few pics of my work on ya!

heres a group shot throught the door, you can see i added a few things including a new air circ. fan!

IMG_20130109_162355.jpg

Here you see the 5 blackberry kush "x" girls soakin up some rays and a little CO2, not much drooping!!! :cheer:

IMG_20130109_162406.jpg

first off, sorry for the lines un the next 2 pics, the MH just F'd with my cam hard.
That being said here is my latest addition, a 14 site bubble cloner system, its 2 independent buckets supporting 7 each fueled by a single dual outlet fish tank pump, inside the res. is just a simple single air line + air stone, using nothing but 6.0PH tap water with 2.5ml Humic Acid deriven from Leonardite. These girls are for my buddy, he'll be finally bringing me the long awaited GRANDADDY PURP mother once these gals have rooted :party:

IMG_20130109_162413.jpg

And here is my Trainwreck X Mendo Purp seed that ive been vegging for a while, if you fallowed my last grow you've seen its progress, i plan on flowering that plant in the back like that with the rest of the room.
i'm quite excited to see its gender!
i assume that now that its on the GLR it will show sex before being transitioned to flowering which will help prevent any unwanted seedage.

IMG_20130109_162442.jpg

again everyone im sorry for those lines, i know they really ruin the pictures, ill try to get better ones in the future! i hope to get a Digi cam soon to help improve my journals, even if its just a cheap Poloroid 9 mega pix.

So this morning i checked on my exodus cheese clones in the bubble cloner and their roots are getting pretty nice, and i actually ended up with 3 well rooted clones, so im thinking about transplanting the 2 best clones into the 4 gallon pots that are available and add the 3rd clone to the room in a 2gallon pot and set it in the back, i think she can be my BHO plant this round.

So i'll be adding those tonight or tomorrow morning, then refilling the CO2 dispensers and possibly making a 3rd one to add to the room, and if each unit generates 200ppm that'll put me at 600ppm which i think is a good point for vegging, anyone have an opinion on that?
or how about replacing the 3 small units with 1 5gallon unit hooked into or around a circulation fan?

So this morning i checked on my exodus cheese clones in the bubble cloner and their roots are getting pretty nice, and i actually ended up with 3 well rooted clones, so im thinking about transplanting the 2 best clones into the 4 gallon pots that are available and add the 3rd clone to the room in a 2gallon pot and set it in the back, i think she can be my BHO plant this round.

So i'll be adding those tonight or tomorrow morning, then refilling the CO2 dispensers and possibly making a 3rd one to add to the room, and if each unit generates 200ppm that'll put me at 600ppm which i think is a good point for vegging, anyone have an opinion on that?
or how about replacing the 3 small units with 1 5gallon unit hooked into or around a circulation fan?

Hey D!
Just for reference, ideal PPM for vegging can be between 1200-1600PPM.
I use a 10 litre mix, in a 5 gallon glass carboy that I got from a brew store. (bubbling into a 2 litre water bottle)
Then hosed into the tent and attached to the circulating fan.
Mind you, I'm also pumping CO2 in from a bottle and regulator once every hour for 2 minutes hosed to the same fan.
Cycled with timers to shut off exhaust fans for 5 minutes during gassing.
By using both, bottle and yeast dispenser. I get a steady 1200 PPM for the first 15-20 minutes on the hour, then the dispenser keeps it at a steady 850 PPM for the rest of the hour. And if I'm in there working at that time, just myself breathing, brings the room to a perfect 1000 PPM.
So as for the dispensers, I'd suggest going with more rather then less. Go with the 5 gal to start.

I plan on cutting back the CO2 bit by bit as I get closer to the end of flowering. Because I've noticed with OG kush particularly, high levels of CO2 can hermie the plant near the end, stressing it out too much.
It's awesome having a PPM meter to see how much each of these things can produce.
I ordered it online for under 150.00. Told jon705 about it, and he ordered one too.
I'm sure that he'll agree that this little unit has really helped us both in dialing in whatever PPM's we want at any given time.

:thumb:

thanks for the info vick, ur always helpin me out! :high-five:
I'll have to look into getting a PPM meter, but since i run on a pretty tight budget it'll be a while before i can get it haha
I'll add another CO2 unit tonight, maybe even a 4th(lots of bottles and yeast layin around lol) and when i get a couple extra bucks ill build a 5 gallon unit like yours. But for now I figure between the dispensers and me living in the same room as the plants they're getting something, and somes better than none even if idk how much it is haha

when the lights come on for the 1 hour intteruption of the GLR i'll be transplanting the Exodus Cheese clones into soil, hopefully they'll be happy in their new homes.

Oh yeah, I forgot you're living in the same room.
You'd be surprised at how much our breath can fill a room with CO2.
Just have a lot of XXX in that room when lights are on!
All the heavy breathing will have PPM's up to 1200!!
Ha!!!!

I remember gairbud saying he used to keep his cat in the grow room at certain times through veg.
He'd have food, litterbox, cosy bed, everything kitty needed to be happy in there for a few weeks.
He said that just the one cat kept the CO2 PPM's up pretty high.
LOL.

Back
Top Bottom