Captain Kush's First Grow!

Captain Kush

Hello 420 members this will be my first thread here on 420mag, first time poster long time lurker! I enjoy reading all the other grow journals so id thought documenting my first real grow will be fun and help me keep track at the same time.
For this grow I have 10 clones waiting to root so far 3/10 are showing roots and the strain is either th darkstar from seed or seedsman white widow from seed.. Long story short had some seeds mix ip during germination.
clones showing roots
image475.jpg

Mystery mother
image470.jpg
image473.jpg

i currently have the tent in flowering for the mother and another bagseed they are only 10 days in so itll be awhile till my tent is open what should i do is it worth keeping the bagseed or should i throw it out and find somewhere to veg the mother plant. Im only flowering the mother because its to big to keep!

Im using a 400w hps might buy an mh for veg so my girls dont stretch.
How long can clones stay in clone box till they need to be transplanted?
I want to grow in coco are regular gh3 part or blue planet 2 part okay for coco?

Heres the flowering bagseed
image474.jpg

I guess i cant reallly start this journal officially till i figure out if i want to wait for the currently girls in the tent to finish flowering which might take to long and I dont want my clones to go to waste :(

Have a good day

I thought I should repost my questions so that people can answer them if they know what the answer is!

1a. Recommended nutrient line up for Coco? (Reasonable prices)
2a. How long do clones last before they seriously need to be transplanted?
2b. Will they be okay in that simple clone dome?
3a. I clone without a heating mat should I invest in one?
4a. I currently have the tent with my 400w being used, can my clones veg under a 4ft 4 bulb (I think it's t8) fixture and be enough to veg well?
Here's the light in action with my White Widows and bagseeds growing decently.
image468.jpg

Someone gave the fixture to me, so I am not sure as to what wattage/spectrum they are.

Thanks in advance
-Captain Kush

1a. Recommended nutrient line up for Coco? (Reasonable prices)
miricle grow for flowering plants. use 1/4 of sugested dilution.flush then switch to water the last 10 days before harvest.

2a. How long do clones last before they seriously need to be transplanted? till root bound. plants can be kept in veg state for a very long time.

2b. Will they be okay in that simple clone dome? you will need to remove them and putting them in the same area where the other plant is wont hurt them much.

3a. I clone without a heating mat should I invest in one?
if your clone sucess rate is high 90 to 100% then dont wastse the money.
if you plan on doing seeds in the future then invest in one.

4a. I currently have the tent with my 400w being used, can my clones veg under a 4ft 4 bulb (I think it's t8) fixture and be enough to veg well? max the lighting is always better to have more then not enough. so fill the top with light.

the bulb[more corectly the lamp] say on it what the ilumination spectrum is. if not you can look it up.
6500k for veg state and then change to 2700k for flowering. but every 3rd bulb should be a 6500k during flowering.

white widow takes awhile to fully mature and yeilds are not as good. even under really good systems the widow strains have smaller yeilds.
try daddy purp strain if ya have the height and light. really good production out of them . or do skunk#1 it is one of the best strains to play around with and learn from and really hard to screw it up.any of the medical indicas are also very good and easy to do for new systems and small closet systems and for the money space and time well worth it. if your a sativa person and like the sativa high. do haze or sknunk#1. both are easy to do and come out good even if ya pick lil early .

if your going to step up...
then fox farm and superthrive. follow their schedule. adjust to your strain and water only last 10 days no matter who says what.

a trick to get an early start and shorten the strech,
3 days of darkness then 12/12 schedule. especially with all the white strains and sativas.
you could of cut the flowering time down by about 2 to 3 weeks for widows and sativas grown indoors.

Update day 14 of flower
Bagseed sour diesel
Had major preflowers during veg and looks ready ro chop already at around 50% amber hairs
image484.jpg

Flowering ww mom is showering early flowering buds, oh how slow wws grow and veg such a pain!

8 ww clones and 5 skywalker clones rooted and put into 100% coco.

Going to feed to tonight with alternate lucas formula
6/9 with liquid karma superthrive and calmag
Coco brick saturated with superthrive and calmag
image485.jpg
image486.jpg

I am revamping this grow, for my own records I will post thoughts and notes here.
If anyones see something that can help then your help is much appreciated.

I am turning this thread into my first outdoor grow, while my flower tent is filled, i feel like my 400watter is weaksauce, I am going to finish flowering what is in there and then I am going to be vegging in preperation outdoor 2013.

I live in Southern California and have 5 recommendations on hand, so that's 6x5 I have up to 30 mature plants.
( Is planting month in may?)

For medium I want to use some plants coco, and some plants FFOF.
For pots, i will be vegging clones in solo cups till they root the whole cup, if i have to I will transplant to 1 gal, til it's time to move outside, where I want to use 5+gal pots/growbags.
(What do experienced outdoor growers suggest if I want to do medium sized plants, I don't want to have to maintain monster plants..)
Nutrients: I want to try bpn or earth juice organics

Currently have:
2 Skywalker clones from one of my mothers (these are about 3 weeks old, currently in 1 gallon pots)
image498.jpg

8 ww clones and 5 Skywalker cuts (all rooted on 12/8, transplanted into 100% coco solocups on 12/9)
image497.jpg

I also have seeds on hand and more coming from the attitude christmas bash that I just couldnt pass up.
I have
4 white widow (reg) from seedsman seeds
30+ sour diesel bagseed from a pound of weed

Coming;
5 blueberry gum (fem) from g13
1 gdp (reg) from grand daddy purple
freebies:
2 super skunk (fem) from g13
2 nl auto x ak auto (fem) from g13
2 lambo (reg) from th seeds
2 burmese kush (reg) from th seeds
1 boss hogg 2 (reg) from cali connection
1 critical hog (fem?) from th seeds
5 sativa house mix 5 (reg) from delta 9 labs
1 white widow auto (fem) from dinafem
1 giga bud (fem?) from g13 lab

if anyone has experience growing these strains indoor or outdoor please post pics or linnk me and tell me all about them !
should i grow the seed and veg and take clones and use the clones for outdoor?
or is it better to use the straight seed and top, and keep the clone as the mother?

In addition here is the mother ww in flower a little over 2 weeks
image499.jpg

and 6 new clones off another ww from seed, attempting straight coco and cloning powder style..
image500.jpg

Thanks to any one that has anything to say in advance. Happy 12/12/12 everyonee~:Namaste:

Update day 14 of flower
Bagseed sour diesel
Had major preflowers during veg and looks ready ro chop already at around 50% amber hairs
image484.jpg

Flowering ww mom is showering early flowering buds, oh how slow wws grow and veg such a pain!

8 ww clones and 5 skywalker clones rooted and put into 100% coco.

Going to feed to tonight with alternate lucas formula
6/9 with liquid karma superthrive and calmag
Coco brick saturated with superthrive and calmag
image485.jpg
image486.jpg

when doing coco with ferts for first time soak use about 1/4 of what fert you use is stated/recomended. just make sure your ph is fine [as close to what the clones are or around 6.0 to 6.5 for seeds. [seeds like low ph] i have 80% to 100% germination rate with low ph versus 50 to 70% with higher ph [ average growers ]. coco and clay balls/pellets are one of the perfect combos out there[50/50] and all chemical ferts and nutes are just fine to use for seedlings thru veg.[cheep stuff] but i start switching after a really good flush to organics for when i start flowering cycle. useing any good[expensive] ferts to start with you wont have a noticeble growth diference... its all advertizing[some one selling ya] superthrive is a proven with noticeble growth formilia with just per micro nutes in it , and very much so can prevent lock up. so when buying anything for small seedlings thru veg a good well rounded cheep. 10-10-10, 20-20-20- or 30-30-30 , fert will do the trick. ph is importent and if kept around 6.5 you can and will see a growth diference. i always reconmend a cheep rose bush type with bone meal in it as a good soil base to start with and if growing small 3 gallon pot the plant has enough in it for the life.

when doing coco with ferts for first time soak use about 1/4 of what fert you use is stated/recomended. just make sure your ph is fine [as close to what the clones are or around 6.0 to 6.5 for seeds. [seeds like low ph] i have 80% to 100% germination rate with low ph versus 50 to 70% with higher ph [ average growers ]. coco and clay balls/pellets are one of the perfect combos out there[50/50] and all chemical ferts and nutes are just fine to use for seedlings thru veg.[cheep stuff] but i start switching after a really good flush to organics for when i start flowering cycle. useing any good[expensive] ferts to start with you wont have a noticeble growth diference... its all advertizing[some one selling ya] superthrive is a proven with noticeble growth formilia with just per micro nutes in it , and very much so can prevent lock up. so when buying anything for small seedlings thru veg a good well rounded cheep. 10-10-10, 20-20-20- or 30-30-30 , fert will do the trick. ph is importent and if kept around 6.5 you can and will see a growth diference. i always reconmend a cheep rose bush type with bone meal in it as a good soil base to start with and if growing small 3 gallon pot the plant has enough in it for the life. hey had to help client. just use superthrive at that point.
but your useing advanced growing technics so i have been following along and you seem so far to be doing a great job. :) white widow like most whites out there are realy fun plants but pain in the but. yeilds are useally smaller and ripe time useally longer. and there are alot of better stuff to grow theese days. anyway the white strains are a chemical induced mutant type of mj. it is not a natural selection one[or man selcted thru crossing and testing] even though throughout the process they used chemicals at first to create the tricome and caneb increeses. oh well... now ya now. it took many grows and croses to stablized it and yet it still produces on ocasion[more then normal] a really mutant looking plant. if ya get one keep it , it may even be better. i like finding natural mutants cause i have gotten some really awsome stuff from them and even crossed them back in and got way better seed from the regulars. so even knowing that most smokers like the herb most are not aware that alot of super strains are chemically enhanced by growers to produce mutants. sad huh. but there more super relly good seed stuff out there that was hand selected to get really good stuff. when ya start growing mass amount of seed about 1 to 3 plants per 100 are a natural mutant. and over time 7 or more years all canabis will mutate if taken from its origins and planted outside. it is a very adaptive plant. sometimes better like hawaii. most strains do really good and change to way better in very few years there. pure indicas do poorly there over a few years. but there hybred cuzins do ahwsome there. maui wowie, kona gold and a few others. traded lots of seed with island buddys over the years. :) maui electric blue[thats my cross from the late 70S got pop in the early 80s and all it was is i crosed mex sativa with columbian gold and grew seeds for 2 years then got some columbian purple and crossed that in for 1 year and an army buddy just got back from afganistan[spec opps dude] and had been in the hills and brought me some afgan indica sstuf and seeds. i crossed that in and and had ahwsome shit and so i grew tons of seed to trade with my island buddys and they took over and spred it around and the next year they brought me the buds and they were calling it maui electric blue it was fnnnn great stuff. i just called it airbud. the shits been growing and crosed over the years ver and over. was the most popular smoke back then. at 200 per oz in thoose days. damm. that is close to 1000 in todays dollors. it was really good stuff. lmao my buddys i still here from time to time still grow the same stuff and says every year it seems to get better and better all own its own. and they call it what ever the customer thinks hes buying. they just call it hawian now. they dont even try any special things they just take a few males and females out to a hiddy spot in the hills. and return when the plants are almost dead and thats how they get seed for the next crop. they do nothing special except that and kill all the other males in their main crop.they use dirt from the back yard. and thats it. the only other thing is they cut the bottoms out of the pots when they get to the spot. and cut out the bottoms from the main crop when flowers start.

when doing coco with ferts for first time soak use about 1/4 of what fert you use is stated/recomended. just make sure your ph is fine [as close to what the clones are or around 6.0 to 6.5 for seeds. [seeds like low ph] i have 80% to 100% germination rate with low ph versus 50 to 70% with higher ph [ average growers ]. coco and clay balls/pellets are one of the perfect combos out there[50/50] and all chemical ferts and nutes are just fine to use for seedlings thru veg.[cheep stuff] but i start switching after a really good flush to organics for when i start flowering cycle. useing any good[expensive] ferts to start with you wont have a noticeble growth diference... its all advertizing[some one selling ya] superthrive is a proven with noticeble growth formilia with just per micro nutes in it , and very much so can prevent lock up. so when buying anything for small seedlings thru veg a good well rounded cheep. 10-10-10, 20-20-20- or 30-30-30 , fert will do the trick. ph is importent and if kept around 6.5 you can and will see a growth diference. i always reconmend a cheep rose bush type with bone meal in it as a good soil base to start with and if growing small 3 gallon pot the plant has enough in it for the life. hey had to help client. just use superthrive at that point.
but your useing advanced growing technics so i have been following along and you seem so far to be doing a great job. :) white widow like most whites out there are realy fun plants but pain in the but. yeilds are useally smaller and ripe time useally longer. and there are alot of better stuff to grow theese days. anyway the white strains are a chemical induced mutant type of mj. it is not a natural selection one[or man selcted thru crossing and testing] even though throughout the process they used chemicals at first to create the tricome and caneb increeses. oh well... now ya now. it took many grows and croses to stablized it and yet it still produces on ocasion[more then normal] a really mutant looking plant. if ya get one keep it , it may even be better. i like finding natural mutants cause i have gotten some really awsome stuff from them and even crossed them back in and got way better seed from the regulars. so even knowing that most smokers like the herb most are not aware that alot of super strains are chemically enhanced by growers to produce mutants. sad huh. but there more super relly good seed stuff out there that was hand selected to get really good stuff. when ya start growing mass amount of seed about 1 to 3 plants per 100 are a natural mutant. and over time 7 or more years all canabis will mutate if taken from its origins and planted outside. it is a very adaptive plant. sometimes better like hawaii. most strains do really good and change to way better in very few years there. pure indicas do poorly there over a few years. but there hybred cuzins do ahwsome there. maui wowie, kona gold and a few others. traded lots of seed with island buddys over the years. :) maui electric blue[thats my cross from the late 70S got pop in the early 80s and all it was is i crosed mex sativa with columbian gold and grew seeds for 2 years then got some columbian purple and crossed that in for 1 year and an army buddy just got back from afganistan[spec opps dude] and had been in the hills and brought me some afgan indica sstuf and seeds. i crossed that in and and had ahwsome shit and so i grew tons of seed to trade with my island buddys and they took over and spred it around and the next year they brought me the buds and they were calling it maui electric blue it was fnnnn great stuff. i just called it airbud. the shits been growing and crosed over the years ver and over. was the most popular smoke back then. at 200 per oz in thoose days. damm. that is close to 1000 in todays dollors. it was really good stuff. lmao my buddys i still here from time to time still grow the same stuff and says every year it seems to get better and better all own its own. and they call it what ever the customer thinks hes buying. they just call it hawian now. they dont even try any special things they just take a few males and females out to a hiddy spot in the hills. and return when the plants are almost dead and thats how they get seed for the next crop. they do nothing special except that and kill all the other males in their main crop.they use dirt from the back yard. and thats it. the only other thing is they cut the bottoms out of the pots when they get to the spot. and cut out the bottoms from the main crop when flowers start.

Thanks for all the helpfulness and stories gairbud ! Are you currently working on anything?

I agree the white widow seems to be a slow veg and flower >< I am gonna try to use the time i have before this upcoming outdoor season to grow our a few more and collect more clones from another strain.

Are you familiar with Seedsman seeds white widow? I believe they say it's mostly sativa.. and in my intial post i explain that i had a mixup in seeds during germination and only 1 of 6 survived, 3 regular ww 2 ww fem and 1 free which was a th seeds darkstar which is labeled as mostly indica. My plant in flower looks way more indica than sativa, could I just have a indica dominant pheno?
image499.jpg

Thanks for all the helpfulness and stories gairbud ! Are you currently working on anything?

I agree the white widow seems to be a slow veg and flower >< I am gonna try to use the time i have before this upcoming outdoor season to grow our a few more and collect more clones from another strain.

Are you familiar with Seedsman seeds white widow? I believe they say it's mostly sativa.. and in my intial post i explain that i had a mixup in seeds during germination and only 1 of 6 survived, 3 regular ww 2 ww fem and 1 free which was a th seeds darkstar which is labeled as mostly indica. My plant in flower looks way more indica than sativa, could I just have a indica dominant pheno?
image499.jpg

alot of the other seed banks resell seeds from amsterdam and others.
i like nirvana seeds.. but everyone has favs ,look up reveiw sections online .... i always go thru high times to check out from their web site the diferent seed banks and seed producers and check reveiws ect. and thats where i aquire seeds when i am not getting something from a co op or other friends for free. but bag seed especially from comercial weed is a really good sorce of high quality stuff. if it gets ya high chances are if ya grow it yourself it will be 5 10 or 20 times better.. especially if a hybred. the cartells have done a really good job of genetic selection over the years it is just their shipping methods to get it to the streets that degrade the weed. so if ya find something that has a good or great high and it lasts really long their is a 99% chance it is some killer stuff even better than most seed banks. seed banks are small and their resorces are small when compared to the big million dollor cartells [who want to stay on top] .. they hire and even buy seed from people growing killer stuff for them and pay high dollor for it [no one messes with them] so when ya find a few seeds in the comercial stuff. grow it.. i would look for a high that has both indica traits and sativa traits from bag seed. it is a high bred that was introduced to their main crops and natural selection and their care takers have years and years of growing expertise so you are going to get some really good stuff. it is just the way they harvest , store , pack and ship to us that degrades it. they dealing with 100's of pounds of product in a very short time to get it to the streets. they know it gets degraded along its travels to the u.s.a. and elsewhere so when you get it most offten it has lost 1/2 of its potency or more. people wouldnt buy it if it wasnt good and when you grow it you will be very happy with your results.

I am very curious to see the delta 9 sativa house mix, if you choose to grow/journal it, subbed! I got that freeb coming from Attitude right now.

And i did have a question, maybe i misunderstood: the pic of spur diesel bagseed on the previous page says "day 14 of flower". Am i correct in my reading of this? If so then DAAAAAAAAAAAMN! ! ! That's some quickflowering weed, surely it must have had some previous flower time, or maybe its an auto or something? I'd love to learn ur secret!

Back
Top Bottom