JCool09 Cabinet Hydro Caramelicious 9/2009

hi mate just looking at your pkants i think the deff has now moved to pottasium deff mine did the same .....some recovered from me giving them bloom nutes and some didn t...... ive just give them a shot of my grow nute as its high p ill let you know how it turns out.............be lucky weedtastic

hi mate just looking at your pkants i think the deff has now moved to pottasium deff mine did the same .....some recovered from me giving them bloom nutes and some didn t...... ive just give them a shot of my grow nute as its high p ill let you know how it turns out.............be lucky weedtastic

Weedtastic, I agree that some of the past issues were related to various nutrient deficiencies. I have come to believe that this was due to a combination of low PPM and high PH. I learned this week that damaged foliage will not recover so I am keeping my eyes on the newest growth. It looks good so far so I am hopeful we are moving in the right direction. :thanks: for stopping by, I plan to stop by your journal to catch up later today.

Plant update

All of the plants seem to be coming along nicely. It appears that my first stab at FIMming on 10/13 was not done correctly so I just topped all of the plants today. I need to get multiple shoots going in preparation for cloning.

Sorry, no photos today. Will try tommorow, definitely on Monday.

Question

I have about 3/4 gallon of nutrient solution in my bubbler. The PH has been rising from 5.5 to high 6's and higher in a 24 hour period. I keep adjusting it back down, waiting 10-15 minutes to verify measurement but the next day it pops back up. This has been going on for the past 3 days. What could be causing this?

Your cabinet is really giving me the urge to get the tablesaw fired up. Good design work there jcool. I like the small things ala cat 5 fan power dist., nice clean approach.
great job.:goodjob:

Your cabinet is really giving me the urge to get the tablesaw fired up. Good design work there jcool. I like the small things ala cat 5 fan power dist., nice clean approach.
great job.:goodjob:

Thanks, Mmmmick. The goal is for someone to be in the same room with the cabinet and have no clue that there is a grow going on right next to them. I have used some additional methods to reduce noise like using ducts to vent the cabinet directly into the wall. This has also eliminated 100% of the odor, which snuck up on me and got really bad last week. I also deployed some camoflage like the fish aquarium I set up nearby to mask the hum of the air pumps. At this point I am pleased with the amount of space inside and stealth of operation.

Thanks, Mmmmick. The goal is for someone to be in the same room with the cabinet and have no clue that there is a grow going on right next to them. I have used some additional methods to reduce noise like using ducts to vent the cabinet directly into the wall. This has also eliminated 100% of the odor, which snuck up on me and got really bad last week. I also deployed some camoflage like the fish aquarium I set up nearby to mask the hum of the air pumps. At this point I am pleased with the amount of space inside and stealth of operation.
you should be pleased, thats a pretty sweet design and implementation. great job.

you should be pleased, thats a pretty sweet design and implementation. great job.

Thank you, sir. The compliment is much appreciated.

hi mate not clued up at all on hydro.....tunes 420 has the hydro grow down to a fine art...im sure he wud know of the rising ph your experiencing....hope this helps......good to see your on the up with the deff thing mate....keep it green........be lucky weedtastic

Here is some crazy sh!t. I have been reading today in aquarium forums that aerating the water removes CO2 and other pollutants and thereby raises the PH of the water! It seems I am blowing too much air into the solution.

unreal design work Jcool,great work^5:surf:

:thanks: Spike69. It's been a while, thanks for stopping by.

That is interesting. Noting for future reference. Thanks for the tip.

Having a small reservior is also a handicap. I am moving to a 5 gal later this week.

You've got carmelicous goin, thats awesome bro, get to it

Thanks for stopping by HerbInGrower. Need 1 of 2 to be female and life will be good :cheer:

hey jcool,
mcbudz and pit are having touching that very same subject in pits journal. go check it out maybe they can pick ur brain a lil

Thanks, Phats. Went there and learned a few things. + rep to you!

Plant update

Things are moving along nicely. I think I found the cause of the mysteriously rising PH; over-aeration. I had my large airstone cranking in a 1 gal bucket. I dialed the pump down to the minimum I'll see if it has moved less tomorrow. I also began the setup of the next phase of the hydro. Details to follow in the next few days.

CAR2 Day 14
IMG_14493.JPG

UNK2 Day 16
IMG_14472.JPG

UNK1 Day 17
IMG_14441.JPG

CAR1 Day 27
IMG_14484.JPG

10/19 Group Photo
IMG_14431.JPG

Nice change in size and color since last Friday. CAR1 new growth looks healthy like others.
Topping has turned UNK1 and UNK2 into little bushes. Can't wait for CAR2 to fill out.

10/16 Group Photo
IMG_14363.JPG

Dude it looks gorgeous you just made me notice i had my airstones on full blast, looking great.

Thanks, HerbInGrower. I can't wait for the rest of those dead leaves to fall off.

If your temps are above 73 i would say keep them on full blast what are yur temps GUYS

I agree with this PAchamama. Lowering the airflow did not keep the PH from rising out of the desired range since last night (about 12 hours to go from <5.5 to >6.5). I think that the only way to manage this properly is to increase the size of my reservior which was in the plan anyway.

PAchamama you sound like you have some experience in this type of environment. One question I have is about the frequency I should plan to replace my nutrient solution. One reason for the small bubbler was to minimize waste. I am concerned that if I go to a 5 or 10 gal system I will still have to replace the solution every week. What are your thoughts?

hey whats up j? owzit? as far as th ep.h rising goes good call on the lowering the airstone.I run dwc in my veg area. THe p.h stays stable i change my nutes oute every 2 weeks religiously. never just change em out. this is how i do it:

1: pull plants and rinse the roots out with ph'd water.
2: take the entire system out including airstones and lines.
3: soak the stones and lines while i clean the rest of the system
4: clean the system w/ bleach and water
5: rinse, dry and then repeat the process one more time
6: fill and run the air stones prior to putting the plants back in to ensure everythings working properly.
7: sit back :rollit:and and be happy its over with for another 2 weeks!!!:cheer:

Well this is just my process and its been working for years. Just a thought and some info for you to meditate on. I hope it helps in you some way. Now go take a :bong:

hey whats up j? owzit? as far as th ep.h rising goes good call on the lowering the airstone.I run dwc in my veg area. THe p.h stays stable i change my nutes oute every 2 weeks religiously. never just change em out. this is how i do it:

1: pull plants and rinse the roots out with ph'd water.
2: take the entire system out including airstones and lines.
3: soak the stones and lines while i clean the rest of the system
4: clean the system w/ bleach and water
5: rinse, dry and then repeat the process one more time
6: fill and run the air stones prior to putting the plants back in to ensure everythings working properly.
7: sit back :rollit:and and be happy its over with for another 2 weeks!!!:cheer:

Well this is just my process and its been working for years. Just a thought and some info for you to meditate on. I hope it helps in you some way. Now go take a :bong:

Butcher, I'm starting my first grow and have been wondering what you do with the plants during cleaning. Do you have to keep the roots wet, or do you just hang em out until time to put the plants back into the clean system?

Back
Top Bottom