BHT's 2nd CFL Soil Grow - White Widow & WWxBB - FFOF - DIY Cabinet

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Sorry for the lack of updates, life got in my way again and I had no time to post like I initially meant to. That said, this grow is actually in the curing phase now. Both plants were a moderate success in my opinion.

The Dinafem White Widow came down first. 54 days of flowering from flip to chop. The yield on her was rather light, she came in at 34 grams dried. The bud has been in a mason jar for a little over a week. I put a 62% Boveda pack in after 5 days in the jar and will leave it in there for the rest of the cure.
A test smoke on this one resulted in a very cerebral initial high followed by a more sedative one shortly thereafter. Total ride length was about 3 hours. Very tasty, distinct White Widow smell and flavor. Should be primo after a month in a jar.
In hindsight, I probably should have let this girl go another 5-7 days. I have a feeling she may have gotten denser with a little more time. I did leave her in 72 hours of dark for the last 3 days, I noticed a large increase in amber trichs after shocking her for those days. I'll probably do this with most of my future grows.

I let the Femaleseeds White Widow x Big Bud go a bit longer. 59 days of flower and 3 of total dark (62 total) before getting cut down. She seemed to swell a bit at the end, so I wanted to see what some extra time would do. I wasn't disappointed; she yielded 52 grams dry. This one just went into jars 3 days ago. She had some P def/lockout issues that I never really managed to correct. I think I should have fed her heavier and more frequently during weeks 3-6 of flower. She probably would have topped over 3oz had I taken that route. Oh well, live and learn.

I've been taking pics on my phone as Ive been going. Problem is, I'm not entirely certain when some of these shots were taken. Forgive if I get any out of order. :Namaste:

Sometime around week 6

Here's some of both of the girls in flower week 6-ish.

Both
IMG_20150610_224900934.jpg

IMG_20150610_222649890.jpg

White Widow
IMG_20150610_225501784.jpg

WW x BB
IMG_20150610_222626690.jpg
IMG_20150610_222412019.jpg
IMG_20150610_222428015.jpg
IMG_20150610_225422203.jpg

Jarred and ready to cure for a month.

I'm pretty happy with my little CFL grow. I think next time I'm going to go for 1 large plant vs. two smaller ones. Two plants was just a little unwieldy in my cab. One in a 5-7 gal container should be a good fit.

Here's the process I used to harvest and get it into jars:

-After coming out of dark I cut off all branches and trimmed all large fan leaves. Saved all of the trim in a paper bag.
-Using garden wire, hang each branch from a coat hanger. Mine were hung in my basement with a desk fan on low and a dehumidifier set to 55-60% RH.
-After hanging for 3 days, trim down any long sugar leaves and cut the buds from the stem. Layer into a paper bag with shredded newspaper. Should go like so: bud/paper/bud/paper/bud/paper. Always end with paper. Let sit for two days, then "stir" and let sit another 2 days.
-Carefully take bud out of paper bag, checking for any buds sticking to the shredded newspaper. Put bud into 32 oz. mason jars.
-Close up jars and put in cool, dark and secure closet. Open once a day for 5-10 minutes, move popcorn buds around, check for mold.
-Use small hygrometer in jars to get RH, if anywhere outside of 60-65% RH, I drop in a Boveda 62% humidipak.
-Burp jars daily. Smoke is good in about a month.

Results:

Top jar: White Widow, 34g
Bottom 2 jars: WW x BB, 52g

IMG_20150706_232423696.jpg

WW (left) WW x BB (Right 2)
IMG_20150706_232212124.jpg

Oh and remember that Lemon Kush that I sprouted for a buddy of mine? Well, it was 7" tall when I gave it to him at the end of May. Here it is today, now at over 6.5 FEET tall!

IMG_20150706_150044803.jpg

It's been a trip, ya'll. See ya next time.

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Dude, that is just one kick ass little set up!! I was kinda laughing when I started the thread, thought "oh lord, the poor dude won't get much".

After following your grow, I am very, very impressed. florescent lights are very impressive.

The only thing I could see to do, if you had a little more room, is hang 2' florescent lights on the side, surrounding the enclosure.

But, I don't know if you would gain much, your harvest is most excellent.

I would go with "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". Man, you got a great idea.

Did you clone by chance? That would give you a jump start on your grows after harvest.

Keep up the fantastic work, those are by far some of the nicest looking plants for such a small area one will see.

Back
Top Bottom