Astonr420 - White Widow Clone CFL Indoor First Time Grow 2011

What up Kanna!! nah its not a set in stone date, thats just day 55 and it says 55 - 65 days so its just my estimated date, i will be watching the Trics before i do any harvesting! I am going tomorrow to get my magnifier glass, i thinkin im gonna get the 40x but they have a better one that is 40x/100x with light.

:peacetwo:

Hi Astonr

I bought a Carson MM200 60-100x LED lighted mini microscope...It works great. Only about $20. I'll never look at a bud the same again. :)

lol nice!!! i wanted a bigger magnifier, but all they had was a 30x but it has LED lighting on it as well!!! it will have to do for now, but for the next grow i will be definitely getting a higher magnification!!! I understand what you mean, i was sitting with my lady, looking through the magnifier for like an hour straight, lol!!! i got a lot of clear trics still but there are a lot of milky ones, and a few here and there amber ones!!! cant wait til harvest!!!

SAM_1212.JPG
SAM_1213.JPG
SAM_1221.JPG
SAM_1216.JPG
SAM_1224.JPG

on the picture that i have a black circle on, i was wondering if anybody knows if this is normal??? i cant tell if its just like a super crystaly area or what??? this is a close up of it
SAM_1223.JPG

SAM_1212.JPG
SAM_1213.JPG
SAM_1221.JPG
SAM_1216.JPG
SAM_1224.JPG

on the picture that i have a black circle on, i was wondering if anybody knows if this is normal??? i cant tell if its just like a super crystaly area or what??? this is a close up of it
SAM_1223.JPG

It almost looks like powder mold...I thought the same thing when mine looked like that and left it alone, than about 3-4 days later I realized it was powder mold and took care of it...:goodluck:

thanks for the input willoby
you know thats what i was thinking it was as well, i wasnt too sure about it it has been 4 days since these pix were takin and that spot is gone, i didnt do anything to it??? but i noticed that i am starting to get that powder mold on some of the big fan leaves at the bottom her.... so what are some household remedies that i can do to fix this problem, i am so close to harvest i dont want to lose her now!!!

thanks for the input willoby
you know thats what i was thinking it was as well, i wasnt too sure about it it has been 4 days since these pix were takin and that spot is gone, i didnt do anything to it??? but i noticed that i am starting to get that powder mold on some of the big fan leaves at the bottom her.... so what are some household remedies that i can do to fix this problem, i am so close to harvest i dont want to lose her now!!!

You can wipe down each leaf individually like I did, or get ---PM wash from NPK industries(sorta a rip off though)...Most of their products for powder mildew and cleaner sprays are less than 1% product and the rest water, it can be used up until the day of harvest...Imagine that!! The PM wash is only 0.0001% inert ingredients and the rest is water so that's why I say just use water and take your time wiping wherever you see it...:goodluck:

i am using a temp fan cantroll i dont have to do anything just set the temp and your away 1 of my best ivestmonts yet for growing saves time and stress.

hey there nelly, i have no issues with the temps, my temps are just fine, a cool 70 with lights off, and a refreshing 78 - 80 w/lights on... I have a fan inside the space with the plant, and i have a fan that i rigged up to blow fresh air in.
I see your new here!!! :welcome: look forward to hearing more from ya and seeing your journals hopefully soon!!!

@EVERYBODY, ok so like i said i got my new magnifying glass on saturday and after much much looking through her trics, i have noticed a lot of them are starting to turn amber and they are mostly bending over now and nice and milky, with very few still clear. Majority of the pistols have now changed to their orange color and have shriveled up to the nugs!!! So, with that said, today, 6/13/2011 is her last day with lights on, i have done the final flush and is going to see the lights for the last time til friday morning at 10AM which is the day i will be harvesting, now, I have made plans for friday and might not be home til late, and after all i have to do might not be up to the hours i have to spend with her, then making the butter, it just seems like a lot of work in 1 day!!! so my question that i have is.... Is it ok to do 4 days total darkness instead of 3??? will it hurt her any??? or should i tough it out and get it done on friday???

Hi Astonr,

I can't really comment on your darkness question. I don't know. But I'm eager to hear the answers you get. Are you suppose to give you plants complete darkness b4 harvest? I didn't do that when I cut my first 2. What's the benefit?

what up sqwheels!!!
from what i have heard its supposed to help push out all the extra THC or something, i have seen a lot of you tube videos about it, that they set it in darkness for the last 3 days and its supposed to help with the flushing as well??? i dont know, its just been in the plans since i started!!! lol, but i hope i get more answers about this subject as well!!!

ok so after doing some poking around the internet, i found that if you put your plant into darkness and give it a ice bath, then it simulates the start of winter and ripens the buds a little more, some strains have noticeable differences when you do this, some don't... white widow was done by a grower in the -------- forums and he said that there was a noticeable difference in size of the nugs!!! so there for, i will keep her in darkness til friday if not saturday!

so excited for my very first harvest!!!

Before i end this I would like to thank everybody for their inputs, comments, likes, reps, everything!!! I dont know if I could have made it this far without all of you!!! or at least i like think i wouldnt have!!!

I'm excited for you too. :cheer::cheer:

And I agree, the helpful people here @ 420mag make so much difference. I found this site kinda by accident and I am soo glad I did. Post some pics just b4 you cut will ya. I'd like to see them again.:goodluck:

:popcorn:

Hey Aston,

Very nice grow you have there.
Your girl looks like she will mature into a fine mature woman ...(haha).
I was reading of your casualty when you had broken her stem.
I can totally sympothize with you as I did the same thing the other day when I was LSTing my plant.. My heart dropped to the ground as you said after hearing the (((SNAP))))!!!!!! That really sucked, but just chaulked it up to another learning process. Like they say the plants are resiliant and bounce back quickly. The more you work with them the more you know their breaking points and characteristics.

I take it you have a digital microscope to be able to display those trich pictures... They look nice. I just bought a little radio shack model myself
it is their hand held 60-100mm job

My early purple bloomer is still short and stout ...colas seem to be getting thicker. Will keep you updated on her progress.

Thanks for inviting me over to your journal.
Keep up the good work man. :bravo:

:peace:

I'm excited for you too. :cheer::cheer:

And I agree, the helpful people here @ 420mag make so much difference. I found this site kinda by accident and I am soo glad I did. Post some pics just b4 you cut will ya. I'd like to see them again.:goodluck:

:popcorn:

Oh for sure sqwheels, i couldnt imagine not posting up pre and post harvest pix, i keep them all for myself as well! as a reminder that at this point in time, this is what she should look like, not to mention, she's my very first!!! she is my cherry popper!!! and she is going to have a special place in my lungs!!! lol stay tuned, either friday night or saturday i will be doing the harvesting! then after words will post up the pix!!!

Hey Aston,

Very nice grow you have there.
Your girl looks like she will mature into a fine mature woman ...(haha).
I was reading of your casualty when you had broken her stem.
I can totally sympothize with you as I did the same thing the other day when I was LSTing my plant.. My heart dropped to the ground as you said after hearing the (((SNAP))))!!!!!! That really sucked, but just chaulked it up to another learning process. Like they say the plants are resiliant and bounce back quickly. The more you work with them the more you know their breaking points and characteristics.

I take it you have a digital microscope to be able to display those trich pictures... They look nice. I just bought a little radio shack model myself
it is their hand held 60-100mm job

My early purple bloomer is still short and stout ...colas seem to be getting thicker. Will keep you updated on her progress.

Thanks for inviting me over to your journal.
Keep up the good work man. :bravo:

what up debudman,
thanks for stopping by and checking out my grow!!! yea that was heartbreaking when i seen the damage!!! but i just tied that arm back up and she was going like a champ still, thought she would have gotten the strength back to hold it up herself, but the top was just to heavy i supposed, it just kept on falling down, you know if had happened during vegging, then i wouldnt have minded so much cus then it would have just super cropped... and that is not a bad thing at all, but during flowering!!! oh well, roll with the punches i guess!!! lol
No i didnt use a scope for those pix, my Fiance has a really great camera that i take a close up of the particular object that i want up close, view the picture and zoom in, its a 12.5 MP so it zooms right in to see the trics that close!!! it was actually the way that i had to see them before i finally got my magnifier, but now i have a 30x with LED lighting on it, i would have gotten a stronger magnifier but it was the strongest the hydro shop had, and being this close to harvest i needed it.
thanks again for stopping by!!!

what up debudman,
thanks for stopping by and checking out my grow!!! yea that was heartbreaking when i seen the damage!!! but i just tied that arm back up and she was going like a champ still, thought she would have gotten the strength back to hold it up herself, but the top was just to heavy i supposed, it just kept on falling down, you know if had happened during vegging, then i wouldnt have minded so much cus then it would have just super cropped... and that is not a bad thing at all, but during flowering!!! oh well, roll with the punches i guess!!! lol
No i didnt use a scope for those pix, my Fiance has a really great camera that i take a close up of the particular object that i want up close, view the picture and zoom in, its a 12.5 MP so it zooms right in to see the trics that close!!! it was actually the way that i had to see them before i finally got my magnifier, but now i have a 30x with LED lighting on it, i would have gotten a stronger magnifier but it was the strongest the hydro shop had, and being this close to harvest i needed it.
thanks again for stopping by!!!

Yeah I'm still learning about all the different methods of training.
I thought I was doing LST right at first, but after reading more I don't think I did. First I read that you want to do it when the plant is small and reaches like 3 nodes. This way the main branch isn't so big and can break. For me I did it when my plant was like 18 inches high. All I did was tie down my branches and pull them away from the center. But I couldn't bend them down as far as I should. Also I am not sure if you can do both, top and LST. I am thinking they say either one or the other, not both. I have been topping mine from the begging and still am. It is making the plant much more bushy and forcing new growth. I will continue reading about the various methods and hope to experiment more with them. I will try LST again on my new little clones that I started. Super Cropping looks like another interesting method. Using this can be great when you have a sticky plant and the tops are higher than the rest of the plant. This way you can pinch the top highest forcing more nutrients to that stem, while the rest of the plant catches up making it more even and bushy.

I've always liked working with plants, but I have to say growing weed seems to be the most satisfying of all. Especially when you get to smoke your final result. :)

That's pretty kewl that you used a digital camera to view your trichs. I didn't realize that it would produce such good quality with only a 12.5 megapixel. I wish mine was that high, I would go out right now and snap some shots. I only have a 5 myself. It's nice to be able to snap a shot like that and then preserve the picture in digital format. Plus you don't have to squat down to your plant for a half an hour trying to look through those little freaking microscopes trying to get a clear focus. That is a bitch to do.

Well going to go out and check my ladies.. see how they're doin..
Talk to you later Aston... Keep up the good work buddy.

hey debudman,
hope your ladies are treating you well!!! yea i read that iff you perform LST on the ladies that you want to do it when they get to about 12 inches tall, thats what i am going to do when i get my new ladies going!!! the problem with topping on mine was that it was already a top, so therfore it was the cola growing up, and when i topped that in flowering, it stopped all the way, it created the 2 lateral branches, but thats all they were, so thats where i messed up on that!!! oh well learn from mistakes i always say!!! that super cropping just turns my stomach, to know that you are actually causing that pain to her, and then to hear the snap let alone feel it... i just dont know about that, even though it has proven to be very beneficial, i just dont know...

I agree, the cannabis plant is one of the by far best things to grow with a very happy ending!!! i tried to do that with my camera after i got the magnifier, but i just couldnt seem to get the great results that i got from just taking a close up shot!!! if your digital camera has a setting to change the MP you wanna set it to the highest it can go, then try to get as close as you can without it losing focus, i usually get maybe about 5-6 inches away from the bud, depending on the lighting i can sometimes get just a lil closer, then after you take the picture, view it from your camera, then just like when you would take a picture zoom in it should show you as close as your highest MP setting will do before it starts to get blockie!!!

My camera's MP mode is set to max (5.1).
I will try your technique tomorrow and see if it works for me.
Mine may not be high enough MP to do that.
What setting is your camera set to? Most digital cameras have various preset auto settings.. I would assume you would want to be set to closeup or macro mode.

Hey Aston,

I tried to capture the trichs on my camera today and no dice..
I setup macro mode got in as close as possible and then from the LCD
I zoomed all the way in and couldn't come close to seeing any trichomes.
Out of curiousity, what model camera do you have. I wish I could do that then
it would make life much easier...

I tried to upload the new pics to the gallery here, but it didn't seem to be working right.
I selected the correct photo to upload and for some reason it showed different pictures
then I wanted to send.. (Strange). It worked fine last time I did it.. Will try it again later.
If it is a problem with the server it won't just be me having the problem.

Well going out to water my ladies.. Talk to you later.

Back
Top Bottom