Tabor's First LED

For your first grow you seem to be very well informed. Good for you for doing some research!
Subbed

Thanks! I did a lot of reading up on things before growing became legal in my state. Hydro/DWC seemed a bit too complicated for my liking. A lot of what I read was trying to tell everyone to keep things simple. My biggest fear has been overwatering or overfeeding. It seems a bit short sighted to wing things with a grow when it takes roughly 4 months from seed to harvest. That's a big time investment not to spend the time understanding what you're doing.

I saw your SCROG grow earlier today. I really like that concept and may try to incorporate it in the future. I did spend some time trying to LST and keep my canopy even. Good luck with your grow!

Day 10 of flower. Everything is progressing great. Still doing a little bit of LST to try and even out the canopy. Some of the tops are stretching more than others causing a bit of an uneven canopy. Trying to even out the light to all of the bud sites. Feeling really fortunate that I have yet to encounter any significant issues.

image29467.jpg

image29466.jpg

image29465.jpg

image29464.jpg

image29463.jpg

The ladies are looking really healthy! Keep doing what you're doing!

Thanks! Everything is still going pretty well. Into day 15 of flower. My only issue is as the girls stretch the canopy is getting slightly less even. I also added 100W of CFL to supplement the two LEDs. Nothing big to report other than that. One thing to note is that I am not sure I will ever try to get more than two plants in the 4x2 tent. For the 5 gallon smart pots and even a relatively short veg each plant could easily take up a 2x2 space.

image29755.jpg

image29760.jpg

image29759.jpg

image29758.jpg

image29757.jpg

image29756.jpg

This is the greatest first grow ever - you have done great research.

Easy way to even up canopy is more LST or HST then if you still need more put stuff under the low ones. I bought a sheet of 1.5" thick insulating foam from Home Depot and cut it into 1 foot squares with a click knife. used to use that before and it works gteat. Now added shelf brackets for adjustability in my latest cabinet (build thread in signature) and in use in current bloom journal.

This is the greatest first grow ever - you have done great research.

Easy way to even up canopy is more LST or HST then if you still need more put stuff under the low ones.

Ha! Greatest first grow ever may be a bit of a stretch (pun intended ;) ). I appreciate the vote of confidence and will check out your cabinet!

I continue to use a little bit of LST on one of the bubblicious ladies that has a top that keeps trying to be dominant. I also try and tuck some of the larger fan leaves under the bud sites to make sure they get lots of light.

Day 19 of flower. Plants just got watered and were pretty dry. The ladies may look a bit droopy from being under watered/dry.

The two plants on the left are bublicious and the far right is the AK48. The far left bub stretched a lot more than the one in the middle. It almost looks lollipoped compared to the one in the middle. The middle bub looks a lot more like the AK48. The LST has helped quite a bit. I need to make sure I keep a close eye on the CFLs. I had a plant stretch right into one of the bulbs and burn one of my fan leaves close to a bud site. I may pull the CFL soon to remove that risk. Not sure how much benefit there is to having it in there.

image29949.jpg

image29950.jpg

image29960.jpg

image29959.jpg

image29956.jpg

image29958.jpg

image29957.jpg

image29955.jpg

image29954.jpg

image29953.jpg

subbed.

plants look great.
im finishing up a rhino grow under my marsII. I could not be any happier with the results.
yours are going to be beautiful.

Ha! Still trying to figure out the white balance settings under LED. These come through a lot better than the purple I normally get. I think harvest will likely be mid-September. I don't really know what to expect for smell with this being my first grow. There is definitely a smell but it isn't overwhelming. Carbon filter takes it out when all zipped up.

Back
Top Bottom