Tabor's First LED

tabor

Hi everyone! This is my first ever grow and I am incredibly excited about the process and learning as much as I can by reading everything on the forum. If I end up with any usable product at the end of my grow I'll be pleased.

What strain is it? 2x bubblelicious, 1x AK48, 1x mystery (Nirvana seeds)
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? Hybrid
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg
If in Veg... For how long? 23 days
If in Flower stage... For how long? N/A
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil. FFOF (fox farm ocean forest)
If soil... what is in your mix? FFOF
If soil... What size pot? 5 gal
Size of light? 7x 23w CFLs and 1x 300w galaxy hydro LED. I have a 96x5w led on order from Mars Hydro that I plan to use during flower and veg once it arrives.
Is it aircooled? yes. 6in exhaust
Temp of Room/cab? 74-85 deg F
RH of Room/cab? 30-50%
PH of media or res? 6.8
Any Pests ? Not yet
How often are you watering? every 2 or 3 days
Type and strength of ferts used? 1/4 strength fox farm grow big.

The mystery seed. Recently FIMed and in the process of being LST'd.

image28107.jpg

The rest of the bunch:

image28108.jpg

image28106.jpg

image28105.jpg

Thanks for stopping by Pacific NW! I haven't seen any issues related to the FIMing. It appears that the plants have put some more energy into the lower branches. Given my limited height I'm not sure how long I will veg. I'm thinking about 45-60 days. My goal is to get each of these plants to get a bit more bush and even out the tops before going into flower. I'm worried that things will get too tall/stretch into the flower. My mystery seed is the biggest growing plant so far and the only one I've had a chance to LST. Hopeful that this plant is a female.

I've picked up a new 95x5w Mars Hydro reflector LED light to supplement a Galaxy Hydro 300w LED in my 4x2 tent. The spectrum on the Mars light pushes more into the white spectrum whereas the Galaxy light is much more red/pink. I also added a 6in carbon filter to the tent. I was surprised by how much the smell is starting to pick up, even in veg. I will likely start ramping up the feeding with cal/mag, FF grow big and FF big bloom over the next several weeks and into the first part of flower.

well the top picture defiantly is a sativa dominant and it will stretch more than the others. LST is a great idea since your space is so confined. keep in mind your plants will potentially double in size while flowering. so with that in mind i would guestimate how tall you want them then switch to 12/12 when they are half that height. ive always been curious about LED i virtually know nothing about them other than their price tag lol

I went with 1/2 of the nute chart. It seemed like a lot of the big bloom per gallon and not much of the grow big. I mixed 5 gallons and I think I did use 15 teaspoons in total. That plus the cal/mag and grow big were in my last feeding. I checked my PPM and it was around 240. pH was around 6.8 and I didn't adjust. Each plant got roughly 30oz of water/nutes.

My plants are less than 12in tall right now so I'm not too worried about keeping them short just yet. Most of the plants are thick and bushy and I'm hoping that a LST will spread them out a bit more. The smell of the tent when you open it up is amazing. trying not to be too anxious to get into flower.

Day 37. Planning to flip to 12/12 tonight. The plants have grown quite a bit over the last week or so. The LST I've been giving them has caused them to fill out most of the tent and I'm running out of horizontal space. That combined with my limited height in the tent have convinced me now is a good time to switch to flower.

Plants continue to look healthy. The bubblicious and AK48 are both really bushy. My mystery seed sativa is a lot less so. Still trying to figure out the white balance on my pictures. Hoping to get some better quality ones the next go around.

Mystery seed sativa dominant:

image28817.jpg

Bubblicious (x2) and AK48:

image28818.jpg

image28819.jpg

image28820.jpg

Ladies look fantastic! Rule of thumb for flowering, Indica's will double in size, where Sativa's will be triple their veg size. Patience is your best friend when it comes to grows. The more you can wait the more your plants will reward you will increased yields. Subbed.

Thanks and thanks for the follow! Your grow is also off to a great start. I'm thinking I may get a 4x4 or 3x3 tent after this grow. That way I can veg two plants in my 2x4 and flower 2 in the bigger/taller tent. I have the space for another tent and even have two separate circuits I can work with in the same room. The big issue is going to be coming up with the funds for the LEDs to power a tent that size. I may try to do a DIY LED but not sure I have the time and energy to go that route.

Day 2 of flower. Nothing big to report. Temps are way down at night with some cooler temperatures here and not having the lights on 18 hours a day. Temp range over the last 24 hours has been between 67-78. I'm hoping the plants will enjoy the cooler temps at "night" during the flowering period. My one sativa dominant plant was a mystery seed. Given the size I'm hopeful it turns out female.

Unknown sativa:

image28927.jpg

The girls:

image28926.jpg

image28925.jpg

image28924.jpg

Day 6 of flower. Fed full strength FF nutes and cal/mag yesterday and I'm not seeing any negative impacts.

Group shot:

image29178.jpg

The girls:

image29181.jpg

image29180.jpg

image29179.jpg

image29184.jpg

image29182.jpg

Night time temperatures are getting a bit low. I think on my next grow I'll try and light cycle at night to deal with temp swings. I'm getting anxious for things to progress, but trying to not overdo anything. I will probably try and time things just right so I can pop some new seeds and veg them for a bit under CFL until this crop can be harvested.

Back
Top Bottom