Astonr420 - White Widow Clone CFL Indoor First Time Grow 2011

hey its great to see you again ITW, i wondered where you went, hope you had a great memorial day weekend!!! yea she is doing good, an issue that i had last night was that the fan was blowing on 1 of my branches and it cut through 1 of the fan leaves, it was weird to see that, but i adjusted the fan and everything is good again, i hope she doesnt get a shock from it, do you think i should clip that leaf now??? or just let it stay there?

:peacetwo:

hey its great to see you again ITW, i wondered where you went, hope you had a great memorial day weekend!!! yea she is doing good, an issue that i had last night was that the fan was blowing on 1 of my branches and it cut through 1 of the fan leaves, it was weird to see that, but i adjusted the fan and everything is good again, i hope she doesnt get a shock from it, do you think i should clip that leaf now??? or just let it stay there?

I wouldn't worry too much about it man. From personal experience, my Trainwreck reaches so damn far that she stuck her arm in the fan a few times. I think she learned her lesson though, she grew under the fan after that. She's just as happy now as before she start sticking her appendages into the fan.

Speaking of weekends, I hope yours went well too buddy. If you ever get interested, feel free to stop off in my journal so you can see what I'm talking about. :D

I wouldn't worry too much about it man. From personal experience, my Trainwreck reaches so damn far that she stuck her arm in the fan a few times. I think she learned her lesson though, she grew under the fan after that. She's just as happy now as before she start sticking her appendages into the fan.

Speaking of weekends, I hope yours went well too buddy. If you ever get interested, feel free to stop off in my journal so you can see what I'm talking about. :D

mine was good, just stayed home and played with the kids, and then played with my greener kids!!! lol

yea it was just weird to me when that happened, that fan has been in there the whole time and now it does it???

and today when i turned on her lights, i noticed that quite a few of her lower fan leaves are starting to curl downward, is this a normal thing??? i know the leaves on the buds droop bud does the fan leaves do this as well??

dude It's looking great,I'll follow you,Nice Job!!!
:welcome: and :thanks: i see your new to the community as well!!! this place has so much useful information and don't be scared to ask any questions!!! remember we were all noobie growers here at one point in time, I still am!!! but like i said soooo much useful info!!!!

Ok, so we started week 5!!! i am so excited that i have made this far!!! just approx. 3 more weeks to go until i make my very first harvest!!! so with that said, i thought i would ask about drying and curing!!! now, is drying a part of curing or is it 2 different stages, i have read to dry the buds for about 5 days and then put the buds into a mason jar for 12 hours and then place the buds out for about 2, then put them back in for 12 hours then out for 2, and so on and so on... is this a good method to use, also read that it could take up to 8 more weeks to cure???

Ok, so we started week 5!!! i am so excited that i have made this far!!! just approx. 3 more weeks to go until i make my very first harvest!!! so with that said, i thought i would ask about drying and curing!!! now, is drying a part of curing or is it 2 different stages, i have read to dry the buds for about 5 days and then put the buds into a mason jar for 12 hours and then place the buds out for about 2, then put them back in for 12 hours then out for 2, and so on and so on... is this a good method to use, also read that it could take up to 8 more weeks to cure???

Anyone can grow a decent crop, it's how it's cured that makes the serious difference. I personally have not settled on a technique yet, but doing a little under a week hanging and then jarring it + burping for 1hour/3hours back in jar left me with quite a sweet product. I look forward to seeing other techniques.

hey everybody,
so tonight will be the start of day 38 and i have a major issue going on right now, before i turned the lights out this morning, i was admiring my little lady and i noticed that on the bud that the hairs were shrivleing up, all the fan leaves around it are starting to dry out now as well, the trics are gone, and they are just looking really really dry, i will take pix tonight when lights go back on, but it is starting to worry me, its onlly on the top of that particular branch, they buds the rest of the way down are just fine, super long white pistols, but like i said i will take pix of it tonight, anybody ever had this problem??? it is starting to worry me, this particular branch is one of the bottom branches...

ok here is the bud in question!! all tthe hairs have gone and the smell on it has gone
SAM_1155.JPG

and the leaf that is on the top is the leaf that is drying out and is just crumbling away on its own
SAM_1148.JPG

what do you think?

plants will ripen from the bottoms up. So the buds at the bottom should almost look kind of exploded or bursting. Just keep your eyes on the trichs and make sure to keep your ph stable and humidity in check. I know the lower buds on my last plant looked almost "dead" before I chopped.

thanks dekon!!! i was getting worried that nobody was going to answer this question!!! but yea ok that sounds good!!! the trics still look some clear and some are already cloudy!!! but i dont see any amber ones yet? now on the trics, isnt another way of knowing that they are done along with the cloudy and amber heads is to look at them if they are standing straight, not ready, if curved and cloudy or amber, ready???

Hey Astonr - Been out of town for a couple days...try this site. There are lots of posts here on Harvesting, Curing...etc. Look in the Grow Room's FAQ's, you'll find all kinds of info.

https://Curing and Harvesting

thanks sqwheels!!! i will definitly check in on that!!!

ok everybody, last night i had my very first casualty, as i was feeding my lady, i always pull her out of the closet and put her in the bath tub for the run off to just go directly in the drain, well as i was putting her back i had broken one of her arms!!! my heart just about dropped!!! but no biggie i figured!!! it wasnt totally broken off it just bent down, and it couldnt hold the weight of the top so it was just dangling there, so i tied it up to the top of the closet and it is standing as if there was nothing wrong, im hoping that in a couple of days i can take the string back off and it support itself again, but there is only about 15 days left so if stays the way it is then o well, but the tops havent dried out on it or anything so its still getting its water and nutes!!!

also i had to tie a string on her stalk cus she has to many budding tops on one side of her so she started to lean to one side, but some string fixed that problem as well!!!

don't feel too bad, broken stems happens to the best of us. It's the little price we pay for wanting to take care and moving them around. Plants are resilient and will surprisingly spring back from a lot of punishment.

Sounds like you got yourself some swollen buds sites there if you gotta tie them :)

actually its just that all the bud sites are all mostly on one side,
as you can see here
SAM_1183.JPG

and here is the top cola!!!! the main one, it has a gap between it but thats the main stem! here is the top of it first
SAM_1176.JPG

and bottom of it
SAM_1175.JPG

well 14 days left!!! so lets hope there are no more problems now!!!

alright, so my grow is about to come to end in about 11 days roughly, i was getting sad about this, but after consideration of Mad Mando's tub grow, i think i might construct the same kind of thing!!! and do LST on it as well, i made a lot of rookie mistakes with my first baby! but i am looking forward to trying again!!! well I hope everybody's grow is growing great!!!

Just got caught back up. She's looking good bro. I remember nearly breaking a limb off of my first girl. I wrapped the damaged section with some twine to stabilize her and she healed up nicely.
Are you dead set on the harvest day? I honestly think you might want to hold off and wait. The majority of those pistils are still white, which means the thc gland is still producing. Once they turn color is when they have reached their maturity. As a rule of thumb for myself I never harvest a bud until about 50-75% of the pistils have turned, but that's just me.

Just got caught back up. She's looking good bro. I remember nearly breaking a limb off of my first girl. I wrapped the damaged section with some twine to stabilize her and she healed up nicely.
Are you dead set on the harvest day? I honestly think you might want to hold off and wait. The majority of those pistils are still white, which means the thc gland is still producing. Once they turn color is when they have reached their maturity. As a rule of thumb for myself I never harvest a bud until about 50-75% of the pistils have turned, but that's just me.

What up Kanna!! nah its not a set in stone date, thats just day 55 and it says 55 - 65 days so its just my estimated date, i will be watching the Trics before i do any harvesting! I am going tomorrow to get my magnifier glass, i thinkin im gonna get the 40x but they have a better one that is 40x/100x with light.

Back
Top Bottom