Pyramid Purple & DNA Chocolope Under CFL - 2nd Grow

That's two respected opinions. She stays in shackles then.

Friday I treated with approx. 1100mL of 6.5pH water with 4mL 6% H2O2. I was hoping to see improvements. She'll be hopefully dry and ready for another drink of the same tomorrow. I'm thinking I'll keep her off the nutes until she shows positive signs. Good idea?
I just want to know what she wants! :(

-J.

Can you please take a photograph of your Chocolope cannabis plant?

Lights on in an hour, KJC. Then, photo time. I've got my fingers, toes and eyes crossed that she shows some positive signs today. I'm about a month flower and so far, no good. It's interesting that my Pyramid Seeds Purple grew and flowered(albeit not a great harvest) in the same conditions and always seemed happier than Chocky is. I'd also say she would've yielded more if I hadn't put her on 12/12 for Choco so perhaps DNA Genetics Chocolope is a weaker strain?

Anyways, update in an hour or so.. :)

-J.

I previously grew the cup winning DNA Genetics LA Confidential before in my KingJohnC's 400 Watt LA Confidential Seed Cabinet Soil Indoor Grow Journal that proved to contain no THC or medical effect. I hope to try growing LA Confidential again some day!

"LA Confidential

OG LA Affie x Afghani
100% Indica
Flowering Time: 7 - 8 weeks
Yield: 350-450g/m2"

"Chocolope

OG Chocolate Thai x Cannalope Haze
95% Sativa : 5% Indica
Flowering Time: 8 - 9+ Weeks
Yield: 500-600g/m2"

So it is possible that you also received weak old stock or pour genetics and your plant is simply not one to keep as a mother plant but may be alright to grow for 1 grow as medicine, only harvesting and curing your buds will tell.

Interesting. I wasn't sure if that was a thing or not. As I say, although Purple didn't flourish in the ridiculously hot conditions and with her occasional gnat attack bit she sure didn't struggle like this! She ended out producing about 10.5g of an oz dry of tasty, sativa candy. Not a great harvest but given she was on 12/12 and very hot, not too bad.
In the same room, despite my bad choices and abuse, BioDiesel Mass struggles on and smells DELICIOUS! I didn't realize because coming across strains and having your supplier actually even know what it is is rare in these parts but this smell(the diesel pheno I can safely assume) is the kind that makes me tingle inside. I lurrve it.

IMAG11291.jpg

Here is Choco now. Still the same me thinks.. :(

IMAG11285.jpg
IMAG11274.jpg
IMAG11267.jpg
IMAG11257.jpg
IMAG11243.jpg
IMAG11235.jpg
IMAG11229.jpg
IMAG11215.jpg
IMAG11205.jpg
IMAG11196.jpg

Don't know what to do, I'll continue with H2O2 for the next water and hope for the best.. It's not possible she needs nutrients is it?

Thanks guys.

-J.

Yes you can use a Calcium, Magnesium and Iron formula to supplement your plants with.

Great. Thanks for the fast response man.
The guy at the hyds shop talked me out of getting any saying that our water has a very high content already and to wait and see.
The good news is my new light arrived today and all the diodes work. The other good news is that even at the hottest part of the day, my room was sitting, door closed 10℃ lower than it was with my cfls and the door open. Still hot at around 30 but better.

IMAG11335.jpg

The bad news is that it came with this bonus dent. :(

IMAG11315.jpg
IMAG11305.jpg

I sent Mars hydro a message so I'll see how I go. I wouldn't be too worried but being a pretty high tech piece of equipment, I'm sure a ding big enough to dent through the packaging(assuming it wasn't packed that way) must have rattled around the guts of it..

-J.

Still no word back from Mars Hydro. I won't make the same mistake I made with another eBay purchase and give the seller long enough to fix the problem that I can't leave feedback. This happened with a different product, it never arrived and when I contacted the seller, they told me they were sending now, and then again a week later, yata yata yata.. Long story short, by the time I accepted they were never going to send it, the feedback window was closed and the assholes left the transaction without receiving their well-earned negative feedback.
I hope Mars will get back to me soon. Will keep everyone posted as I think it's important to know how these sorts of things are resolved.

-J.

sorry to hear of your troubles I never had that kinda issues I go direct to the sellers site and buy from there
I also like to buy American just my preference, never had an issue from advanced always great service from kyle

Ok guys, so here it is.

Serena from Mars got back to me and said:
Hi J,

So sorry to hear that. AU post sometimes do this. Have you test the light? Can it work well? If it can works well, is that possible to keep to the light? We really hope you could receive a light in perfect condition. Even we resend you a new light, I'm not sure and can't promise it will not be damaged in the way of shipping. If you insist to return, it would be OK.

Hope you could be kind to keep the light. We tried our best to provide 100% perfect service.

Looking forward to your idea

-S.

To which I said:
Hi Serena,

Although I am sad to see such a dent on my product I am not as worried because all the diodes do work now. What I am most upset about is that if there was an impact big enough to dent the light through the box and packing then I'm sure it would have rattled everything in the light around a lot. My eBay light has only 1 year warranty which is not enough use to get out of $339AUD. If you can email me(I will give my email address to Sara to pass on to you) and write in the email that my warranty is upgraded to the 3 year warranty so if something goes wrong in the 3 years I get a new one, I will be happy to keep the damaged light.

Thanks for your help. Let me know this is ok so I can send Sara a message with my email. Actually, she already has it anyway.

Cheers Serena.

-J.

She has emailed me since confirming this, very loosely but..
No problem! We provide 3 year- warreanty for the light from us. Any problem, please feel free to contact me.

Not ideal because all that really happened was I paid full price for a damaged lamp but hey, what are ya gonna do, right?

-J.

Ok guys, so here it is.

Serena from Mars got back to me and said:
Hi J,

So sorry to hear that. AU post sometimes do this. Have you test the light? Can it work well? If it can works well, is that possible to keep to the light? We really hope you could receive a light in perfect condition. Even we resend you a new light, I'm not sure and can't promise it will not be damaged in the way of shipping. If you insist to return, it would be OK.

Hope you could be kind to keep the light. We tried our best to provide 100% perfect service.

Looking forward to your idea

-S.

To which I said:
Hi Serena,

Although I am sad to see such a dent on my product I am not as worried because all the diodes do work now. What I am most upset about is that if there was an impact big enough to dent the light through the box and packing then I'm sure it would have rattled everything in the light around a lot. My eBay light has only 1 year warranty which is not enough use to get out of $339AUD. If you can email me(I will give my email address to Sara to pass on to you) and write in the email that my warranty is upgraded to the 3 year warranty so if something goes wrong in the 3 years I get a new one, I will be happy to keep the damaged light.

Thanks for your help. Let me know this is ok so I can send Sara a message with my email. Actually, she already has it anyway.

Cheers Serena.

-J.

She has emailed me since confirming this, very loosely but..
No problem! We provide 3 year- warreanty for the light from us. Any problem, please feel free to contact me.

Not ideal because all that really happened was I paid full price for a damaged lamp but hey, what are ya gonna do, right?

-J.

Hey Jesstar!

Sorry for your troubles my friend .. That is pretty shitty): I'm glad the diodes still work though!! I guarentee you're going to love the light, it's been working wonders in my grow room! :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley:

One question though, did you go through third party because it was cheaper or just easier? I went through Sara from Mars and she was extremely helpful. It was definitely nice of them to give you the warranty.. I probably would have done the same so I didn't have to wait for a new light haha! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Congrats again on the gear my friend, enjoy it! :cheesygrinsmiley:

That's what I was thinking Max. That when you go directly through TopLed Sara is the one who deals with customer service.

Hey Errybody! :allgood:

Max, I already do love this bad boy. ;) BioDiesel also seems to absolutely love it. :) I'm just trying to work out how high I should hang it from the girlies..
Choco.... I'm not sure what she loves and doesn't any more. I feel like things have changed, like we've drifted apart. Sometimes I think we're on different paths in life all together. :(
Little PND is still very small, I'm hoping she doesn't get any of that LED stunt that Antics went through. :wood:
I went through Mars' eBay dept because it was about 12% cheaper and I was getting very clear and direct answers to the questions I was asking Serena from that dept. She has upped my warranty and thrown in a few yoyo hangers for the light and my fan and whatever else I want to hang. Still a bit sad about the dent but these things happen and she did her best to right it.

How has everyone been? I've been a busy mo fo setting up mine and my lady's studio/ shop we just opened. I'm looking constantly for positive signs in Chocky but I'm seeing this..

IMAG11406.jpg
IMAG11506.jpg
IMAG11535.jpg
IMAG11546.jpg

Anyone have any thoughts? Nothing seems to be helping a great deal,I'm hoping a few more days of cool will help but this looks like something more sinister..

-J.

I started my LED at 25" above my canopy for the first two days, then dropped it down to 20" for the next two days, then to 18" after that. My ladies have grown within 15" of it and they are still loving it, as long as I keep their soul wet they show no signs of stress! I too came from CFLs and was worried about shocking my girls.

Just ease em in :cheesygrinsmiley:

Hey KJohn, he's a shocking salesman but the guy at the store talked me out of a new nute as well saying that if there was root damage then she would be having trouble taking up certaing things but not others which may show up as defs of certain things. Made sense, I also don't particularly know what I'm looking for. I did confirm that not a single brand I've seen on this site is available.. haha.
Max, I have mine at 30.5 at the moment. Maybe I'll drop it a few inches tmoz. Although mines the 700..

-J.

Back
Top Bottom