Astonr420 - White Widow Clone CFL Indoor First Time Grow 2011

what up debudman,
I have a samsung SL600, i think you misunderstood what i was trying to say on how to see if you can see the trics, what you want to do is get your camera set to take a picture and take a picture of the nug your trying to see in, so the pic could look like this...
SAM_1176.JPG

then once you have taken that picture, go into the media gallery of the camera, and look at the picture that you just took, then act as if you were going to zoom in on it and it will start zooming in on that pic, if yours does this, it will start showing it like this...
SAM_1095.JPG
SAM_10971.JPG

not saying it will, i will take a picture of my camera from my phone and show you what i see when i do it!!!

be right back

:peacetwo:

ok im back, after so many distractions, lol, anyways this is how i do it step by step with pix!!!

get camera in position to take pic
IMG_20110616_152651.jpg

click
now view your photo that you just took.
IMG_20110616_153511.jpg

now, looking at your photo, start zooming in
IMG_20110616_153537.jpg
IMG_20110616_153548.jpg
IMG_20110616_153644.jpg

as you see it goes in more and more as i push the zoom in button!!!!

hope this clears up things and your able to get better pix from this info!!! look forward to seeing it!!!

after taking those pix i noticed i have to water the little babies!!!

Hey Aston,

Yes, that was exactly how I did it with my camera.
Thanks for taking the time to go into that much detail by the way.

The problem is though, when viewing the close up picture I had taken in my LCD
screen, and after zooming in to maximum zoom, I wasn't able to see any trichomes.
I'm not a photographer so I don't know what permits you to see such detail like yours.
I suppose zoom, megapixel rate, and lens capability all play a part. I have an early
Sony 5.1 cybershot camera.

let me switch mine to 5 MP and see what i can see!!! but i think that you might be right, 5 might not be enough, as much as i know is that when taking a picture that it digitalizes it and converts the photo into a bunch of Pixels, the more pixels, the more detail, and like a computers term of MB same goes to the cameras pixel, MP mega pixel, but i will post up what i see at 5MP and see if its what your getting as well!!!

and no worries about the details my good man, i would appreciate the help like that if i got it!!! do to others what you want done to you!! totally agree with that saying!!! it has its drawbacks when you get those people that are just out to take advantage of you!!! anyways, she is in the dark for the last day so when i pull her i will do the photo and post to your journal the results!!!

til next time!!!

Ok great, let me know what you get with the 5mp.
All I know is that the larger megapixel options never had any affect or benefit unless you were enlarging a photo to like 8x10 or greater. With the increased megapixel value then you could greatly enlarge a photo without losing picture quality. So enlight of that since you are zooming way in (in essence) greatly expanding the image then it should definately make the difference.

As for your saying... I always lived by that as well. The problem is though that it seems fewer and fewer people possess those values anymore. I'm glad to hear there are still some out there... :peace:

yes there is some of us out there still!!! just very few!!!

for sure if i dont get those pix up tomorrow, it will be on saturday, i have a very busy day tomorrow, and i hope harvesting can still make it into the schedule, cus after the harvest is budder time!!! for another 12 hours!!! but the crock pot will do most of that work for me!!!

No rush on the pictures man...take your time. :)

So what are you going to use the crockpot for, some cannabutter, oil, or tincture?
Surprisingly enough I have never tried edibles before. I hear they provides a different high and lasts much longer. I would like to try that as I think it would be much more healthier. I do have an Extreme model vaporizer that I use. It's kind of kewl cause you can use the whip or the balloon. Plus it has a 3 speed fan so you don't have to blow out your lungs trying to inhale, you just let the fan do the work. I prefer the classic bong hits though, as they are the most satisfying. I do want to start using the vape more for health reasons. I did try the oil, which was like 45%thc I believe. I used a paper clip and dipped it in the vial and dropped a little drop on a loaded bong hit. Man I'll tell you that really kicked my (_|_)... lol... I've seen some kewl vapes for oil. One is called Essential Vape Nebula. Those babies are about 80 bucks though on Amazon.

As for harvesting, I haven't reached anywhere near that point yet, but I want to make sure I do it right. I understand when the bud hairs start turning brown you have a couple weeks to harvest and that is when you would want to start flushing (for those of us not using organic fertilizer that is). That was my understanding. Then I think I will just hang in my closet with a fan until enough moisture is extracted so the branches snap. After that I guess I will drop into jars and then open them daily for awhile to let any remaining moisture out. Not sure how long you need to do that. But please be sure to share any tips. I will certainly be needing them in due time.

Sorry to ramble.. I'll have to blame it on my coffee this morning.. :)

Take care... Going to check on my girls and mist my clones..

yea i dont like edibles from shops, honestly, i dont feel much from them, not to mention i dont know how much they put into their butter, and all that, so thats what made me want to make my own budder!!! lol anyways, right at this moment it is simmering, about to go into its 4th hour and am about to turn it off and strain it, its gotten pretty dark now and they say it should be almost black, and its pretty much getting there, pretty sad, i only had 2 grams shy of a OZ of plant material to go into it, so i threw in 1 1/2 grams of keif, and grinded up 4 grams of bud (dried buds ffrom a shop not my harvest). I want a vape so bad!!! and yea the both of those would be a lot better for health reasons!!! but hittin that bubbler with some freshly grinded up sticky buds is just so damn nice!!!
for the flushing i did it 7 days prior to harvest, and so far no complaints, but i wont know til i get to smoke it!!! just make sure not to water after it after the final flush, helps with the drying process!!! as for that, i know the hanging option is classic and common, but i read about the paper bag option, and that is what i am trying cus i wanted to make the butter i needed those branches as well... well i got to turn the flame off and strain the butter out now...

PIX coming soon!!!

HARVEST PIX

alright everybody, here is the harvest pix!!! not much to look at, but here they are
the plant before i pulled her.
SAM_1280.JPG
SAM_1281.JPG

here is all the leaves in a pile
SAM_1285.JPG

the bud branches
SAM_12841.JPG

and the root stem
SAM_1286.JPG

like i said not much to look at, but here is a 1st day and last day pix
SAM_0480.JPG

SAM_1280.JPG

total i got 67 grams in wett weight... i know not much at all, so if you take the 75% mosture count away, its gonna be somewhere around 18 - 20 grams, so not bad for messing up so many times on her!!! mann i cant wait to get my next 3 clones started!!! once i get the dry weight in, i will post up!!!

Fascinating grow Aston, I read it in one sitting. You sound like a parent when you talk about her. I hope she treats you well. Ill check back to see the weigh in and look forward to your next grow.

Cheers.

Looking good man Dont let the lightweight get ya down its more about the experience so that next time you do everything you can to meet your yield/med requirements..good stuff tho I'll keep it locked in for ya..check me out in the mean time :popcorn:got some additional clones rooting as I type..
Shit Im expecting big things..its my 4th Grow but first in Dro..*fingers crossed*

Fascinating grow Aston, I read it in one sitting. You sound like a parent when you talk about her. I hope she treats you well. Ill check back to see the weigh in and look forward to your next grow.

Cheers.

thanks for checking out my grow!!! i am just a little sad that she is gone now and that my room stinks like room now... i miss walking in the house and smelling her from the front door, but oh well, now her product stinks up my closet while she is drying!!! and yes i did talk like a parent to her, i was raising her right!!! she was one of my babies!!! i cared for her so much!!! just like one of my actual children!!!

Looking good man Dont let the lightweight get ya down its more about the experience so that next time you do everything you can to meet your yield/med requirements..good stuff tho I'll keep it locked in for ya..check me out in the mean time :popcorn:got some additional clones rooting as I type..
Shit Im expecting big things..its my 4th Grow but first in Dro..*fingers crossed*

oh yea totally man, that was my thought from the moment i topped her and lost the cola!!! i am still super happy with how she turned out after the mess ups still... and some meds that i grew, with a lot of her help of course, but yea i cant wait til my next setup is ready!!! thinking about getting another White widow to do it right!!! plus i am going to do LST on the next group!!! so far my decisions of strains that i am gonna grow are B.C. Big Bud, Blackberry OG and like i said thinking about doing another White Widow!!! if not then northern lights or Blue Dream!!!

Out of my 3 clones, Blue Dream was the weakest.
It is now just starting to kick in though and I anticipate it doing well.
I personally prefer the Indica strains over the Sativa. I prefer the couch lock body high that I seem to get from the Indica. I will tell you more though when my Blue Dream is done. But then on the other hand, these names can greatly vary from one source to another from my experience.

I haven't started thinking about my next lineup, but have heard good things from White Widow. I also like the purps and will probably make sure I add at least one of them in my next arsenal.

Here is my little shorty.. Still progressing along.
Still not sure if I should induce 12 hour darkness or let it ride...
Trichs are still clear, doesn't seem to be vegging at all, colas are developing slowly.
My question is if you leave it be, will the slower cola development impact it at all verses self inducing 12 hours of darkness and forcing it to devert full energy to budding?

Here are the pics at this point..
3-purple_kush_plant_1.JPG

3-purple_kush_bud_3.JPG

3-purple_kush_bud_2.JPG

3-purple_kush_bud_1.JPG

Here is my little shorty.. Still progressing along.
Still not sure if I should induce 12 hour darkness or let it ride...
Trichs are still clear, doesn't seem to be vegging at all, colas are developing slowly.
My question is if you leave it be, will the slower cola development impact it at all verses self inducing 12 hours of darkness and forcing it to devert full energy to budding?

Here are the pics at this point..
3-purple_kush_plant_1.JPG

3-purple_kush_bud_3.JPG

3-purple_kush_bud_2.JPG

3-purple_kush_bud_1.JPG

so did you ever find out if it was an auto or no???

ok,
so i decided on this paper bag method but i just dont know about it anymore, maybe its only good after you set out the buds to hang dry for a couple of days, i went wit it cus it said that it starts the curing process a little bit earlier with the drying, but it just doesnt seem like it is drying, im thinking about setting the bag outside in the direct sunlight tomorrow if i wake up and it still feels the same!!!! not sure though!!! the budder came out nicely super green budder!!! smells so nicely!!! bout to start on the baking now so talk to everybody soon!!!

Happy growing!!!

I thought the finish pics looked really good. So she was a little light, looks like you got some fine buds, and that's what counts. And the experience...My first taught me alot, and this site has been invaluable.

About the drying method. Be careful where you put that paper bag, light degrades THC, I learned that here @ 420mag.

Did you hang this plant at all b4 you put your buds into that paper bag? If not, if they are moist, you should pull them back out and spread them out on something like a screen with lots of circulation and lightly fan them, in the dark.

When I harvested my first, I cut them and let them hang in the dark for about a day and a half, just till the outside leaves were a little crunchy feeling, then I trimmed all the bud off the branches and put into a paper bag. Opening the bag daily and lightly moving them around in there until they were about 1/2 way dried, the stem was still a little soft. Then move from the paper bag to a glass canning jar. Opening every other day and airing them out for about 1/2 hour, checking carfully for any mold, did this until all the stems snapped when bent. Then you can jar them up compactly and store it for a long time.

All of this is info I found here @ 420mag. If I can find the post again I'll send it to you. I think it's in FAQ in harvesting and curing, or drying and curing.

Sorry for the response delay... my notification was dropped into my spam folder for some reason.. :hmmmm:

No, never found out. I don't think anyone knows.
I will try to inquire at the dispensory were I bought it the next time I am there.
I probably won't be back until next week. They have free grow classes that I attend regulary, but they are closed next week.

My other 2 plants are sure taking off like wild fire. It was hot as hell here today at a scorching 100 degrees. My plants were loving it. They are now about 3 feet tall and getting more bushy. I did somewhat of a LST to them so they are riding lower than otherwise. I am happy that they are both on the right track and none of this early flowering stuff with them :).

Any pictures of your final product yet?
Did you ever get a chance to try to view the trichs with your 5mp mode?

alright everybody, i am so sorry about the long wait on the update, so.... I harvested at 67 grams wet, when it finally got dried, i set it to curing, it had a weight of 22 grams at that point... so i dont know what it is now, it is been in cure for 2 days now... i wanted to take pictures of them for you all, but i was told any light is bad light, and its either a bright ass flash on them or the lights on???? i dont think either would be a great idea??? i dont know any suggestions??? also brings me to another question, can i still use the green light the same like while she was flowering??? or is that just like any other light and bad for em??? well anyways on a smoke report, when i set it into cure i kept a lil nug just to see how it was just so far??? WOW!!! HOLY SHIT!!! OMG!!! I COULDNT BELIEVE HOW NICE AND SMOOTH IT FELT AND IT LIFTED ME IMMEDIATELY... my eyes got really heavy and i got hungry!!! it was so nice!!!! i cant wait to see what shes like when im done curing??? does it start smelling like some super dank buds when the curing has come to an end??? cus it smells like some cut grass, nothing nasty, just not like some bomb top shelfs you would smell at a shop!!!

Nice clone!!!

Back
Top Bottom