Beardee's First CFL Closet Grow

Yeah that's what I was thinking, I saw it in your journal :) ... I've also noticed the "canoeing" of leaves, and raised the lights after that. So we'll see tomorrow, hopefully it'll be fine. About topping, I've read through that thread you sent me, and that was a huuuge help man, thanks again for that hehe .. seems like ppl are topping autos usually after 3rd or 4th set of leaves, I'll ask around a bit. Thanks for tuning in mate ;)

No problem sir, I was also shitting bricks for a bit because it looked bad and didn't want anything bad to happen so just asked around for some help from Mr. Stinky which is such an awesome guy for taking the time and helping out, he is also the guy that I asked in regards to your topping for autos and sent me that link :high-five:

I am a newb on my 1st grow but I swear I read somewhere that you're not supposed to top autos. Not saying you shouldn't just wanted to mention that. Good luck with your grow!

Mr. Stinky has some really nice autos that he topped, you can go check out his journal sir it makes for some damn fine reading :Namaste: He grew some of the best looking plants that I have seen in a while, the way he trained them is amazing :adore:

Need help guys, the bottom leaves have completely dried off tips. Dunno what to do with it, could this be temperature related ? I've been kinda restraining myself from overwatering, so maybe I've started underwatering instead ? .. Any advice appreciated :thanks:
DSCN149111.JPG
DSCN149010.JPG

Yeah that's what I was thinking, I saw it in your journal :) ... I've also noticed the "canoeing" of leaves, and raised the lights after that. So we'll see tomorrow, hopefully it'll be fine. About topping, I've read through that thread you sent me, and that was a huuuge help man, thanks again for that hehe .. seems like ppl are topping autos usually after 3rd or 4th set of leaves, I'll ask around a bit. Thanks for tuning in mate ;)
Canoeing can also be caused by lack of Mg needed for photosynthesis. Cal Mag or sweeteners will help bring edges down. Heat stress will cause other issues with raised edges. You will see spotting and or dead leaf mass.

Cheers

Canoeing can also be caused by lack of Mg needed for photosynthesis. Cal Mag or sweeteners will help bring edges down. Heat stress will cause other issues with raised edges. You will see spotting and or dead leaf mass.

Cheers

Could that mean that if he adds nutrients with molasses in it which is sugar content it will help, or does he need something else?

Things I've done: raised the lights, now they're about 6 inches above the girl, made sure she's getting enough water, made sure temps are not reaching dangerous lvls during day, made sure water PH is between 6 - 6.5. I made a first dose with biobizz grow, 0.5ml in 1.5l, gonna give it to her tomorrow most likely, or wait a bit more, since the dirt already had some nutes in it. Gotta get to the bottom of this problem b4 it breaks my balls :p, im shitting myself here right now !:Namaste:

Things I've done: raised the lights, now they're about 6 inches above the girl, made sure she's getting enough water, made sure temps are not reaching dangerous lvls during day, made sure water PH is between 6 - 6.5. I made a first dose with biobizz grow, 0.5ml in 1.5l, gonna give it to her tomorrow most likely, or wait a bit more, since the dirt already had some nutes in it. Gotta get to the bottom of this problem b4 it breaks my balls :p, im shitting myself here right now !:Namaste:

Don't forget to wipe :laughtwo: LOL. On a serious note though hope you get it sorted man, it sucks when things go south. Keep us updated on the condition! :Namaste:

Don't forget to wipe :laughtwo: LOL. On a serious note though hope you get it sorted man, it sucks when things go south. Keep us updated on the condition! :Namaste:

Right on lol .. yeah I'm hoping someone with more experience will notice this thread and helps out as well. I've been doing research most of the day today, looking for all kinds of deficiencies and their symptoms :), but I hope it was all just heat stress, we'll see tomorrow morning (it's 2 am atm)

Right on lol .. yeah I'm hoping someone with more experience will notice this thread and helps out as well. I've been doing research most of the day today, looking for all kinds of deficiencies and their symptoms :), but I hope it was all just heat stress, we'll see tomorrow morning (it's 2 am atm)

2AM? :hmmmm: So I am guessing you are somewhere close to UK? As South Africa and they share about the same time, it just went 2am here also :rofl: and I am at work....bloody night shift....gotta do what gotta be done to survive you know....my plant also hasn't much recovered from the spots but will anyhow be taking those leaves off since the topped helped and I have two fresh sprouts just waiting to be trained.

2AM? :hmmmm: So I am guessing you are somewhere close to UK? As South Africa and they share about the same time, it just went 2am here also :rofl: and I am at work....bloody night shift....gotta do what gotta be done to survive you know....my plant also hasn't much recovered from the spots but will anyhow be taking those leaves off since the topped helped and I have two fresh sprouts just waiting to be trained.

Yeah man close to the UK , in a pineapple actually, and my neighbor is a friggin star fish lol .. But yeah man, gotta do what you gotta do, I used to work nights, it was alright at first but eventually I started hated night shifts with all my hearth :)

Yeah man close to the UK , in a pineapple actually, and my neighbor is a friggin star fish lol .. But yeah man, gotta do what you gotta do, I used to work nights, it was alright at first but eventually I started hated night shifts with all my hearth :)

Haha nah I gotta work night to be able to support myself, hoping to get out of it in a few years but for now I need to be night manager. :thumb: thought you would be somewhere close to there, must still visit UK one day, but will do it when I don't freeze my nuts to my leg :laughtwo:

Could that mean that if he adds nutrients with molasses in it which is sugar content it will help, or does he need something else?
Molasses is best suited for outdoor grows, it needs to ferment before helping bene bacteria. Synthetic sweeteners work best for indoor grows it's readily absorbed with out the fermentation process.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

Hey hey everyone, small update again ;). So I'm still shitting bricks over this problem I'm having. It seems to have slowed down significantly tho, it moved on to the three-tipped leafs now. I got my temps under control at least, day max 29C. Also I mounted a little pc fan next to the girl to keep her moving a bit, and to move the hot air around :). Need help here guys, any ideas appreciated !
DSCN14969.JPG
DSCN150112.JPG
DSCN149910.JPG
DSCN149812.JPG

Your plant looks good. The leaf you are worried about is one of the first sets of leaves and they turn yellow and die off eventually. The damage looks like the leaf was sitting in the wet soil after you watered, or was on the verge of being over watered. I don't trip on every little thing I see on a leaf and yours is minor so keep on doing what you are doing because she looks good.

Thank you all for the reassurance, definitely took a load of my mind :) .. I'll try to keep up what I've been doing so far and hopefully all is gonna be good ;) .. I'll post an update in couple of days again, unless something goes horribly wrong. Have a great sunny day ppl !

that is also very true. you'll lose leaves here and there...doesn't mean your whole plant is sick. it just needed more nutes to push growth to a specific area [so it used its resources to do so...the leaf]. it's perfectly fine to lose leaves especially near the end of flower if/when you do flushes. but also lower growth will be the first to go, when top growth is effected, then you want to fix the issue asap. but for now older growth feeds newer growth so as long as the newer growth looks and remains healthy, you're in the green! KiG :passitleft:

I'm interested to see if you actually have a problem (and what the solution is)! If the lights were too close early on and those bottom leaves didn't like it maybe they gave up? I agree that as long as the new stuff looks good than you'll be fine, but hey i'm a rookie!

Back
Top Bottom