Beardee's First CFL Closet Grow

Hey greenmachinee ! Thanks for the advice mate, yeah I think i've been micromanaging it a little bit too much, but I hear that's what new growers do quite a lot hehe, i've been trying to keep it down to minimum tho. Anyway yeah, I'll try to give the little seedling some space :). Cheers

Hi there, I'm here with a small update again. Baby girl is doing good, this is day 9. You guys think she's growing at a decent enough rate ? I guess every plant is different, so yeah gimme some input on that please :) .. I'm having somewhat of a temperature problem, highest I've seen so far were 34.4 C (93.92 F), but usually it hangs around 30 C (86 F). I'm gonna make the exhaust hole a bit bigger today and see if I can improve the air circulation in the box. Currently rocking 2x 6500K 1x 2700K, with one more socket ready for a bulb, when I fix my temps I'll put 2x 2700K on top, with 2x 6500K in the side sockets. Alright guys, that's all from me today, have a great week yall and I'll see you soon :Namaste:

DSCN14769.JPG
DSCN14788.JPG

Just keep the one over the ladie on for now. Your to hot, 80° should be hard stop. Those other two are not close enough to help much anyway. At this stage, one 65 watt 6500K will work fine.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

Hey miller ! I've actually moved the pot away when I was taking that picture, normally the seedling is much closer to those two bulbs in the back, sorry for the confusion :) .. Thank you for the advice, I'll see what I can do with the temps, gonna be working on the exhaust today, redesign it a bit.

She looks spot on for 9 days now Beardee :)
She will start to grow a lot faster now if anything like mine
I'm strapped in and ready for the ride!

Hey Pat, gonna keep her in the same pot, it's a big square bucket that I used last year for one of my plants and she was doing great in it, so I thought I'd reuse it. I think it's like a 5-7l pot or something like that :p ..:thanks: for the kind words man. Btw, when do you think I should top her ? I'm like 90% certain the strain might be an autoflower (it's a seed i had leftover from last years harvest), the mother plants were AFs .. So I dunno, what do you guys think would be the best course of action here. Cheers everyone for all the feedback !

If I am not mistaken autoflower should be topped at a certain time, hope somebody with better knowledge than me can answer this. My plant is now three weeks old and already topped twice :hmmmm: Best advice I can give is go pop by this journal, hopefully there would be some answers for your questions sir: Stihl Logger Is Back With That Shiny Box Full Of Autos!
Safeness to you :high-five:

Thanks a lot for the PM Pat, that's definitely gonna help. I was trying to PM you back but I need at least 50 posts b4 I can do that :D, figures .. Anyway, this is why I love these forums, even beginners like us can learn from experienced users thanks to the miracles of internet lol .. See you around man ! ;)

What up ppl ! I'm here with a little update for all you guys following my thread ;) :thanks: .. Soooo it's day 11, I think :D, and the girl is growing like crazy. Currently under 2x 32W 6500K 1x 32W 2700K CFLs. My new air exhaust helped with the temps quite a lot, so now I'm hovering around 28C (82.4F) day, and 23C (73.4) night. Been giving her water and every third watering water with biobizz activera. I've noticed small yellow spots on the first set of leaves (the ones after the first round leaves), seems like nothing but gonna post pics bellow anyway. So that's it for todays update, rly hope nothing will go wrong anytime soon :D .. As always :Namaste: and have a good day
DSCN14807.JPG
DSCN14839.JPG
DSCN14849.JPG
DSCN148513.JPG

Thanks a lot for the PM Pat, that's definitely gonna help. I was trying to PM you back but I need at least 50 posts b4 I can do that :D, figures .. Anyway, this is why I love these forums, even beginners like us can learn from experienced users thanks to the miracles of internet lol .. See you around man ! ;)

No problem bru :allgood: Gotta help out people so that in the future somebody can help us again, besides it is always such a wonderful thing when the plants grow how you want them. Just popping in now to catch up a bit on your journal :reading420magazine:

What up ppl ! I'm here with a little update for all you guys following my thread ;) :thanks: .. Soooo it's day 11, I think :D, and the girl is growing like crazy. Currently under 2x 32W 6500K 1x 32W 2700K CFLs. My new air exhaust helped with the temps quite a lot, so now I'm hovering around 28C (82.4F) day, and 23C (73.4) night. Been giving her water and every third watering water with biobizz activera. I've noticed small yellow spots on the first set of leaves (the ones after the first round leaves), seems like nothing but gonna post pics bellow anyway. So that's it for todays update, rly hope nothing will go wrong anytime soon :D .. As always :Namaste: and have a good day
DSCN14807.JPG
DSCN14839.JPG
DSCN14849.JPG
DSCN148513.JPG

Seems like what I had with my plant :hmmmm: But just at a very early stage, asked around and was told it is most likely heat stress. Maybe try and lift the lights a small bit and see if it doesn't continue to spread? Hope it helps man :high-five: Plant looks great otherwise!! Almost time for some topping to take place?

Yeah that's what I was thinking, I saw it in your journal :) ... I've also noticed the "canoeing" of leaves, and raised the lights after that. So we'll see tomorrow, hopefully it'll be fine. About topping, I've read through that thread you sent me, and that was a huuuge help man, thanks again for that hehe .. seems like ppl are topping autos usually after 3rd or 4th set of leaves, I'll ask around a bit. Thanks for tuning in mate ;)

I am a newb on my 1st grow but I swear I read somewhere that you're not supposed to top autos. Not saying you shouldn't just wanted to mention that. Good luck with your grow!

Welcome weenmoeoff ! Indeed man I read the same thing somewhere last year when I got the seeds, that's why I didn't top them at all. But I guess I was wrong, coz there is a whole thread here on 420 about topping autos, with some great results, but yeah I definitely need some advice on this'! cheers

Back
Top Bottom