Need help with CFL closet build

Good morning and or afternoon/evening depending on which part of our beautiful planet you currently reside in :) .. I have a question for yall, currently the walls of my grow closet are painted white, I've painted them last year when I first started working on it for the HPS grow b4 it all went sideways. Anyhow, I was thinking about covering the walls with something more reflective, budget friendly. I've got one of those aluminium duct tapes, so I was thinking either cover the walls with just that, or get an emergency blanket and use that ? .. Also found an actual mylar foil online for about 5 bucks, or one of those panda foil things :p (black/white) both available. So what do you guys think would be best ?:Namaste:

I'd use cool and warm for both. I go cool heavy in veg and switch for flower. I.e. two cool bulbs one warm in veg, then switch. With 3 lights it's easy. Always hang 2700 k on top and 5000 k or higher on sides. Look at Camara shops for daylight bulbs too. Also pet stores have bulbs for fish and lizards.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

So this is my temporary setup, I've got lights bulbs and other stuff coming in tomorrow, so gonna build a light holder and all that :) ,anyhow just thought I'd share my progress. Be safe out there :Namaste:
DSCN14538.JPG

Yeah the whole thing is super ghetto, one of those safety blankets on the walls .. Back fan(12cm) is intake, and that little hole on the left is air exhaust, there's 4 little fans in there taking the air out, and it sucks really well lol .. I was actually thinking about those car window reflectors haha. And about the noise, even with all the fans running it's just a little bit louder then a regular pc, so not loud at all.

FYI, no PAR energy is emitted out end of CFL. Mount it like this.

7269295fe00c6b18f55f169a443a67ad.jpg

Other then that it looks great.

Cheers

If you want to hang vertical then hang a few on both sides like this.

b1f70d006b43142bd9069bd235d0632a.jpg

On both sides works well. Just do not aim CFL at plant.

Cheers

Thank you miller, i'm gonna keep that in mind tomorrow when i'm building the light holder. Getting two of those fork splitters for e27 bulbs, so will see how it's gonna come out, i'll definitely post pics :) .. Here's a pic of the super ghetto cardboard outtake and a second picture of homemade timer, enjoy.
DSCN14567.JPG
DSCN145913.JPG

Hi No1Stunna, I will as soon as the the seedling sprouts. The seed has germinated in water for 2 days, and then on a paper towel for one more day and it had a nice long root coming out of it b4 I've put it in dirt. Now I am hoping it will sprout since it is currently my only seed :D .. Next month I'm getting some nice strains from royal queen seeds ! Oh and the seed that is currently fighting for it's place on earth is a 60% indica 40% sativa strain called "white critical" (white widow x critical haze) got it from a local seed bank last year. Looking forward to seeing you all in my journal if everything goes smooth !

Back
Top Bottom