Need some help

Well I don't grow in hydro/dwc so I would just make sure they are nice and pearly white with no mold or anything. How do they get oxygen, airstone?

I use a 4" airstone. Bubbles all the way up through the roots. I took some more pics also
420-magazine-mobile243067905.jpg
420-magazine-mobile701841451.jpg
420-magazine-mobile786179556.jpg
420-magazine-mobile658852129.jpg
420-magazine-mobile56618289.jpg
420-magazine-mobile921560197.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2017213158.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1043886443.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2002992927.jpg
420-magazine-mobile250222537.jpg

I'm gonna say those roots don't look good

Agreed. They don't look terrible (covered with slimy goop), but they are not the nice ever so slightly brown shade of white of healthy roots.

I would suggest changing out your reservoir, adding more circulation (in-aquarium circulation pump, about $20 at a pet store), checking to make sure your res temp is not too high (>75F), and by all means, add HydroGuard beneficial bacteria, which have a proven track record of fixing and preventing root problems.

I still think those leaves look like they have "hooking" from too much N, but kudos to whoever thought of root problems.

My dwc roots looked like that got some h202(peroxide) from local hydro store and i was adding foxfarm tiger bloom to my res....thats more for soil what i was told but yea i quit using that one specific nutrient and nutes went back white as well as adding peroxide and...hydroguard very lightly on tye perox..good luck

My dwc roots looked like that got some h202(peroxide) from local hydro store and i was adding foxfarm tiger bloom to my res....thats more for soil what i was told but yea i quit using that one specific nutrient and nutes went back white as well as adding peroxide and...hydroguard very lightly on tye perox..good luck

I don't see how bloom nutes would cause rot.

> very lightly on tye perox..
I'll guess that means "Don't use a lot of peroxide." ;) I have never used it, but I know that it is popular for treating rot. (But once you get the rot treated, shoot for prevention:

• Temp <75F
  • Improved circulation (add aquarium circulation pump)
  • Use HydroGuard prophylactially
  • Maybe change your reservoir more often if you are waiting over a week to change it (i.e. just topping up and not changing completely).

It wasnt just bloom nutes i think it was for soil also instead of hydro..it was one of the 2 or a combo of both but yea very good point prevention is the best method

Hey man, Am i driving ok?..nah man i think were parked

No sorry bro. Everything that the plant is in contact with hydroton/ air line/ stone/ bucket etc. is contaminated throw out and restart or sterilize with bleach and hot water.

While I do not like it when people add peroxide to everything for seemingly any reason, I have seen posts/photos that show a plant with this level of rot recover with peroxide treatment.

That’s what I’m going to do for my next one. Any recommendations on pots, soil, nutes etc?

Look at my signature and follow my current grow journal. Lots of good information there. I'm actually doing a side by side comparison on growing with synthetic nutes and organic products. The organic stuff should be here today.

Look at my signature and follow my current grow journal. Lots of good information there. I'm actually doing a side by side comparison on growing with synthetic nutes and organic products. The organic stuff should be here today.

Ok. I'll check it out. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom