Yankeetoker's 2nd Grow Attempt - 2016 - All Advice Welcome!

Looks great, Yankee! I haven't been around much since you started getting your soil and grow setup running smoothly and running smoothly it is. Nice job.

Looking at Hope's leaves, I see some yellowing at some tips, what should I look out for? I took the LED out of the tent, the plants were not responding to it well at all. Still trying to nurse Lexi back to health....As good as Hope looks, I still don't see preflowers...would be too hurt if she's a he (specially since they are fem seeds).:circle-of-love:

Good to see ya around, PeeJay, you were missed.

YT

Good morning from my ladies...they really have improved! When do you guys think I can send them to flower?
20160430_080344-1.jpg
20160430_080325-1.jpg
20160430_075720-1.jpg
20160430_075705-1.jpg
20160430_080609.jpg

They look ready to me. I'd maybe top that tall girl ;) but I can't help myself. Give em a few days of lowering the light intervals. Drop 2 hrs of light to 16, then 14, then 12, and give them 2 days between each drop. :thumb: Looking GREAT!

Sounds good, thank you! Would like a clone of the middle plant, she really is beautiful....but I was definitely thinking I would have to top Lexi....

Plan to start the process later on this week.....too excited!

The new batch looks great YT. You are learning what they like, how to water etc - quickly. You're a natural. :cheer:

I just read as much as possible and try to listen to the more experienced growers around here. I have definitely come a long way, and I enjoy it for sure. Thanks for all your help. :circle-of-love:

I just read as much as possible and try to listen to the more experienced growers around here. I have definitely come a long way, and I enjoy it for sure. Thanks for all your help. :circle-of-love:

Glad to help anytime. You did come far and quickly too. She really is an incredible plant - like no other. :circle-of-love:

Glad to help anytime. You did come far and quickly too. She really is an incredible plant - like no other. :circle-of-love:

I actually do a bit of vegetable gardening as well...I think that helps me out:thumb:

Plus I hate quitting...so every time I thought I had nearly killed them they bounced back! Truly incredible, sometimes I just stand in awe

Some pics of Hope....started cutting lights by 2 hours yesterday....will continue every 2 days until we're flowering!:cheer:
20160507_214156.jpg
20160507_214211.jpg

Tina at 16 days from seed....looking beautiful....Northern Lights auto fem :circle-of-love:
20160507_205557-1.jpg

Two more Northern Lights auto fems at the top (15 and 14 days old) and a Royal Haze auto fem at the bottom (15 days old).
20160507_213507-1.jpg

I think I'm getting the hang of this....:thumb:

So in the flowering tent, the girls started their second 14 hour "day". Tomorrow night they will begin their first 12 hour "day". Here is a picture of Hope enjoying the HPS. I will see how the other two do once they start 12/12, but I might have to sacrifice one of them to get my autos in there...:thumb:

20160509_222044-1.jpg

Temps in the tent have been pretty good (mid to high 70's) and the RH is ranging from 50's to 60's...I have been regularly defoliating any yellow leaves and using some LST to create nice side branching (especially on Hope).

I transplanted two more autos into 2 gallon smart pots....I know 2 gallons is pretty small, but I have limited space, so I wanted to see how they would grow in them....The oldest/biggest of the bunch, "Tina" is 18 days old and growing extremely well....:)thanks:peeJay and Dennise...that soil recipe was the bomb). The other 3 autos broke soil on either 4/22 or 4/23 so they are 16 and 17 days old.

20160509_221744-1.jpg

I have been wanting to attempt to get a clone from Hope, but I have no room.....so many strains, so little time:circle-of-love:

YT

Said every grower who makes it past their first harvest. :)

Still trying to get there, but I feel good about where I am....a bit nervous about flowering because space is so tight. Was thinking of putting Lexi out on the patio to open up some space in the tent. Also thinking about swapping the HPS for a pair of Mars Hydro II 300s (I have laying around) if space gets too tight and definitely getting my filter up off the floor..

Any ideas?

YT

Some updates from tonight....when the lights came on tonight at 8 p.m. it started their first cycle of 12/12 (after reducing lights by 2 hours a night every 2 days)....a bit nervous like I said, because it is crowded as heck in there....

20160510_204643-1.jpg

Hope is developing some nice side branches, and Bernie (in the middle) has come on as of late...I think I might have to sacrifice Lexi and put her outside to free up some space in the tent....

Could I suspend a scrog from the ceiling of my tent using garden fencing to help manage vertical growth?

Another pic of Hope....out of the tent...
20160510_204408-1.jpg

My autos in the veg box are looking pretty nice as well...I put the 1st three in 2 gallon containers, but might have to put the last lady in a 1 gallon container due to space...

20160510_204840.jpg

The soil and definitely managing pH have done wonders for my garden! Thanks to all the experienced growers on here for helping me out. Any advice as I move into flowering?

YT

It's going to be tight in flower tent but it'll work. Once the flowers set you will want to defoliate those plants a bit, I think. It's humid where you live and you'll want to watch out for mold issues late in the game in that tight space.

Back
Top Bottom