Yankeetoker's 2nd Grow Attempt - 2016 - All Advice Welcome!

20160409_091135.jpg

Couldn't wait any longer....when I came to check on them this morning, they looked like they were starving...into the bigger pots and new soil they went!

Here's to hoping they adjust with no problems:circle-of-love:

20160409_091135.jpg

Couldn't wait any longer....when I came to check on them this morning, they looked like they were starving...into the bigger pots and new soil they went!

Here's to hoping they adjust with no problems:circle-of-love:

They will be fine about moving to the new pots - probably really enjoy it.

What do they look like under natural light or just a camera flash?

I can't see the leaf color here. They loook a bit off.

I will take some pics this evening and post so you can check them out.

Here are some pics in natural lighting.....:thumb:

Bernie....
20160409_201103-1.jpg

Lexi....
20160409_200146-1.jpg

Hope....
20160409_193721-1.jpg

20160409_193702-1.jpg

Tell me what you think...I think they look ok, so far

YT

check under those leaves really well... Use a magnifiying glass if you have one and see if you find something moving... it sorta looks like mites but don't freak cause it may just be a cal/mag defeciency or something/// I don't like the way that one leaf looks though with all the spots on it... Give your girls a good look over and make sure there are no critters on them and we will go from there....:high-five:....:circle-of-love:

Temps have been consistently between 66 and 81 degrees...I moved both lights up as the plant was gaining vertical growth so as not to burn it. This is the only plant showing these symptoms. I recently transplanted all three into bloom soil as I prepare to flip them. From my limited knowledge and /or research it looks like a calcium deficiency, but not sure how others aren't affected.

YT

Calmag issue is usually caused by a PH issue or the use of RO water and no addition of Calmag to the RO water. They will need heavy dose of Calmag with its next feeding, maybe 5ml per gal. They will also need a few foliage sprays with Epson salts. This will speed up the healing process. FYI, the damaged leaves will never go back full green, the best way to tell is new grow if it has purplish stems or really dark green. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using 420

Calmag issue is usually caused by a PH issue or the use of RO water and no addition of Calmag to the RO water. They will need heavy dose of Calmag with its next feeding, maybe 5ml per gal. They will also need a few foliage sprays with Epson salts. This will speed up the healing process. FYI, the damaged leaves will never go back full green, the best way to tell is new grow if it has purplish stems or really dark green. Hope this helps.

Not using RO water....just tap water allowed to sit out at least 24 hours, pH adjusted to between 6.3 and 6.5. I do have Calmag and will add to the next watering for that plant. And just regular Epsom salt in first aid section?:thanks:

YT

Except that that might really f*k up his soil.

YankeeToker just transplanted into some soil which should be balancing out such issues - especially PH issues. Throwing the traditional nutrient solutions at a living soil is pretty much the worst possible way to treat soil.

I don't know the effect of CalMag products - which is why I have not used them after my first grow with standard bottled nutes.

YankeeToker, please hold off on CalMag or Epsom until PeeJay, Cannafan, BoBrown, Dennise or one of the other long term living soil users checks in.

If you don't find any critters and can cross that off the list I think I would flush her really good and on the next watering give her a good drink with nutes....:thumb:....I'm also sure some of the brighter folks will pop in and give you better advice but that is where i would start....:circle-of-love:

No critters, so it may just be a CalMag issue...weird thing is how these plants respond to the LED...Hope has been primarily under the HPS, and looks much better. I first noticed the purple stems after placing them under the LED...moved it up away from them to see if there is a difference. Even Bernie showed signs of growth under the HPS....

I had them under the LED full spectrum...maybe just the growth light to start?

Your leds will certainly use up more cal/mag then under your HPS... I have no idea why... it just does... however... you have just potted her up in the soil that you mixed that should... and I'm right sure it will..... clear this up.... Let her go for a few days with just watering her and letting her get her legs back under her and I think this will clear itself up as Rad said... and he is absolutely right.... if you add synthetic nutes to the LOS you have kinda defeated the purpose... I have done it in extreme circumstances but you are certainly not there yet... I think you made the right decision in doing your uppot and I really think it will cure your problems....:goodjob:....:circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom