Yankeetoker's 2nd Grow Attempt - 2016 - All Advice Welcome!

Your leds will certainly use up more cal/mag then under your HPS... I have no idea why... it just does... however... you have just potted her up in the soil that you mixed that should... and I'm right sure it will..... clear this up.... Let her go for a few days with just watering her and letting her get her legs back under her and I think this will clear itself up as Rad said... and he is absolutely right.... if you add synthetic nutes to the LOS you have kinda defeated the purpose... I have done it in extreme circumstances but you are certainly not there yet... I think you made the right decision in doing your uppot and I really think it will cure your problems....:goodjob:....:circle-of-love:

The other plants are looking pretty good, but I checked on Lexi a little bit ago and it seems to be spreading.....I guess I'll try to flush her in a few.

Hope does have some of her tips pointing down with brown coloring. I took a photo in an earlier post. They're all showing preflowers at this point, I'm about ready to just flip them and pray for the best...lol

Looks like moderate to severe Ca and Mg deficiencies. The brown spots are dead leaf tissue from lack of Ca. As has been already suggested, I'd add at 5ml/gal with the next irrigation regardless of what soil it's in. Those plants don't look like they have the luxury of waiting. :Namaste: Hope they turn around for you.

Looks like moderate to severe Ca and Mg deficiencies. The brown spots are dead leaf tissue from lack of Ca. As has been already suggested, I'd add at 5ml/gal with the next irrigation regardless of what soil it's in. Those plants don't look like they have the luxury of waiting. :Namaste: Hope they turn around for you.

Would you give CalMag to the biggest plant with all the spots or to all 3?

Is the deficiency also the cause of the downward pointed tips of leaves on Hope as well?

YT

20160420_203737-1.jpg
20160420_203754-1.jpg

I gave Lexi a gallon of water with 5 mL of CalMag added and pH adjusted to 6.48. Here are a couple of pics, hope this helps her out.:circle-of-love:

Yes, feed them all with the Ca/Mg. Good job on the foliar, that will help them too. :cheer: Unlike most, my water has almost no natural calcium or magnesium in it, so I have to supplement every watering with it, even if I'm not feeding anything else. I consider it a water supplement. There are organic cal/mag supplements if you prefer, I use Botanicare.

It's hard to judge online, but the droop looks like it's just poor health. It may very likely be related to the deficiencies, and in either event, it can be turned around quickly. Sounds like you've already taken the right steps.

I would wait till they are not drooping to flower though. Otherwise, they won't really have a good shot at producing much. An extra week or two will pay off. A healthy plant gong into flower is quite something to see. Worth waiting for imo. :)

20160421_115722-1.jpg
20160421_115730-1.jpg
Yes, feed them all with the Ca/Mg. Good job on the foliar, that will help them too. :cheer: Unlike most, my water has almost no natural calcium or magnesium in it, so I have to supplement every watering with it, even if I'm not feeding anything else. I consider it a water supplement. There are organic cal/mag supplements if you prefer, I use Botanicare.

It's hard to judge online, but the droop looks like it's just poor health. It may very likely be related to the deficiencies, and in either event, it can be turned around quickly. Sounds like you've already taken the right steps.

I would wait till they are not drooping to flower though. Otherwise, they won't really have a good shot at producing much. An extra week or two will pay off. A healthy plant gong into flower is quite something to see. Worth waiting for imo. :)

Thanks for your advice....I actually used the Botanicare CalMag:thumb:

Some photos of Hope and Bernie....

Anytime YT. They look hungry to me. If the pH of your feeds has been good, then they just need food. :thumb:

When you water or feed, continue to wait till they are almost dried out completely. As a tip, never water a damp pot of soil, unless you really have to. :Namaste:

I up potted them a couple of weeks ago into a soil mix based on PeeJay's mix, so once they anchor in they should be good.....been keeping pH within a 6.3-6.5 range each time I water.

Will keep an eye on them regarding calcium deficiency (under the LED)....

Thanks again,

YT

Grow that magic herb !

A couple of affected leaves in the middle, but otherwise Hope is growing really fast and looks the best of the three....I have been keeping her primarily under the HPS....they really aren't responding well to the Mars Hydro....

I hate to spend more money, but thinking about grabbing another HPS and calling it a day.....

I see some amazing results under LED...maybe it's the strain (white widow)?

On another note, they are definitely acclimated to the soil. ..I'm seeing roots coming through sides and bottom of smart pots....

YT

Back
Top Bottom