Yankeetoker's 2nd Grow Attempt - 2016 - All Advice Welcome!

20160323_060358.jpg

So here is the final soil I will be putting together this weekend...
20160323_111841-1.jpg

Any thoughts? ( I will post in the soil thread as well)

Tent comes today!!! Bet these girls will be happy:cheer:

#2 looks better from here. Does she look better from your point of view?

She is looking better, and I will water them tonight with some added fish fertilizer. I'm also gonna put my tent up tonight as well...too excited!:cheer:

If it s the 5-1-1 or something similar I would totally use that.

By the way, I found that Alaskan Fish Fertilizer....5-1-1 like you said....I had been using Neptune's Harvest which is 2-4-1 (when I looked again)...

20160329_083825-1.jpg
20160329_083818-1-1.jpg

I added my 150w HPS to the Reflector 48 until I can get another one....the girls this morning:circle-of-love:

Mixed up their final soil on 3/25 and made a few amendments yesterday....will just top feed using teas until it's ready.....Dennise how long should I wait before transplanting?

20160328_170039.jpg
Well I can't really say I'm an expert here or anything but with what little I do know.... it looks good to me... I would use it....:goodjob:....:circle-of-love:

Just an FYI. ....here is a pic of the Vegan Mix, I think it is a Yum Yum type product (just looking at consistency)...

If you told me that was Yum-Yum I would have believed ya so I think the mix you have come up with is gong to rock it....:high-five: as far as when you want to repot her... I like to bend em around a bit in their 1 gallon pot but not to much cause ya just gotta undo it all to up pot them.... soooo what I usually do is leave them about 30 days in the veg soil and move them to the final pot to finish veg'ing and then I start some prety heavy LST to get a full canopy and get it as even as I can... I like to normally veg for about 2 months if time allows and sometimes a bit longer with the way I have things set up... I am only using 2 2' tents so my photo girls pretty much have to bloom 1 at a time... I don't like to squish them in there because of the humidity issues here... even running my dehumidifier inside the tent 24/7... I'm still running over 70% at night with just one girl in there... That's part of the reason I am also such a defol nut... Hope that helps a bit but I'm really proud of ya on the soil mix... Really good job....:bravo:...:circle-of-love:

If you told me that was Yum-Yum I would have believed ya so I think the mix you have come up with is gong to rock it....:high-five: as far as when you want to repot her... I like to bend em around a bit in their 1 gallon pot but not to much cause ya just gotta undo it all to up pot them.... soooo what I usually do is leave them about 30 days in the veg soil and move them to the final pot to finish veg'ing and then I start some prety heavy LST to get a full canopy and get it as even as I can... I like to normally veg for about 2 months if time allows and sometimes a bit longer with the way I have things set up... I am only using 2 2' tents so my photo girls pretty much have to bloom 1 at a time... I don't like to squish them in there because of the humidity issues here... even running my dehumidifier inside the tent 24/7... I'm still running over 70% at night with just one girl in there... That's part of the reason I am also such a defol nut... Hope that helps a bit but I'm really proud of ya on the soil mix... Really good job....:bravo:...:circle-of-love:

I guess the better question is when will it be safe to move them into a new mix? I keep hearing that the soil needs to "cook" before plants can be put into it....

I definitely think they need to get bigger before going 12/12, just figured I would need to wait before transplanting them into new soil.

By the way, I found that Alaskan Fish Fertilizer....5-1-1 like you said....I had been using Neptune's Harvest which is 2-4-1 (when I looked again)...

Yes the 5-1-1 would be great as a veg nitro gen booster and the 2-4-1 would be geared more towards flowering stage.

They are looking quite good now. If you are completely drenching the pot for watering the proper time to transplant will be when they only have one day in between waterings. You wont have to remove them from their original fabric pots, just plant the pot right into the new larger one and the roots will grow right through.

In a perfect world you would give them a bit of water and time to cook but I have also used it the very day I made it cause I was out of soil... I really didn't notice any difference but since you really don't want to up pot her yet just let it cook till you are ready and you will be fine....:thumb:....:circle-of-love:

I'll give them 2-3 weeks then...

20160401_182103-1.jpg
20160401_181826-1.jpg
20160401_182110-1.jpg
20160401_182116-1.jpg

Good evening...just a little update....I just mixed my final soil last week, so I'm trying to give it some time to "cook"...will continue weekly soak and top watering with fish fertilizer for at least another week before transplanting...right now girls under a Reflector 48 and 150w HPS....next week I will swap out the HPS for 2 Mars Hydro II 300s for a total LED grow!

Back
Top Bottom