Schmotz's Bag Seed Grow - First Grow - 2015

schmotz38

Heres my journal of my first grow. I have grown plants in the past but this is my first grow with more than 1 plant. Heres all the info...

Variety- bagseed, indica dominant, they may be hybrids but are showing more indica type leaves, genetics are unknown.
Veg or flower stage- they have been in the flower stage since Thanksgiving.
Indoor or outdoor- indoor grow
Soil or hydro- soil
Lights- (veg stage) 150 watt cfls running at 5000K (flower stage) 150 watt cfls running at 2700K.
Aircooled- just a fan blowing on them periodically
RH of grow room- not sure about the RH, i mist the leaves every couple of days.
Ph of water- 6.0 to 6.3
Temp of grow room- 75f day time, 70f to 72f nightime
Any pests- no
How much watering- i only water when the pots get light, i havent watered since i transplanted, running about 2 weeks since the last watering.
Type of ferts used- (veg stage) Espoma plant tone (5-3-3)/ (flower stage) Espoma bulb tone (3-5-3). Its an organic fert with chicken manure as its main ingredient, it also has different bacterias added to help improve soil quality.
Size of pots- current pots are 1- 2 gal pot and 2- 3 gal pots. During the veg stage i used 1 gal pots.

For everyone who hasnt followed my other thread called preflowers, i will fill everyone in on as much info as possible.

I planted 8 seeds straight in soil on 10/5/15. Of the 8 seeds, 6 sprouted starting 10/13/15. I ended up with 6 plants to veg. They vegged until Thankgiving day which i traded the lights out and set for 12/12 cycle.
After about a week, i had 3 def males and 2 females. 1 plant still had not shown sex at this point. Within the next week i had chopped down all the males and the last plant finally showed her preflowers pistils, so i had ended up with 3 males and 3 females so needless to say i was pretty happy with the 50/50 split of males to females. And these were just random seeds i had laying around from bags ive purchased in the past.

Then... about the end of the week of finding my last plant to be female. My first female started growing clusters of male flower pods, i was disappointed to say the least, i had a true hermie in my grow. I was advised to chop it down before it pollinated my other females. I thought alot about it and knew it was the best thing to do but in the end i decided to keep it cuz she had already grew some nice buds and i began using tweezers to pluck all the male flower pods i could find. Ive been plucking every other day now for about 2 and 1/2 weeks. 3 days ago, i took my microscope out and found that about 90% ot the trichomes had turned milky with an amber trichome here and there. Alot of the pistils are dying back now and turning a nice orange color. I have decided today that she is getting chopped down and dryed. She doesnt have alot of weight so shes not gonna yield a whole lot, but what she does have looks pretty nice.

Thats all the info so far... i did take cuttings from the other 2 females last week. I took 8 cuttings and as of last nite 7 of the cuttings are still looking good. 1 cutting didnt make it.

High Schmotz38 and a very Merry Xmas to you and yours!

Sounds like you know what you're doing. Playing with hermies is OK if you're diligent like it seems you are. I've done it lots and have not been so diligent every time. :)

Great idea to get cuttings so if one of those girls turns out to be the bomb you can grow some more of the same. :thumb:

:peace:

Merry Christmas to you as well! The flowers and bananas have been coming in more as of late, so she needs to be pulled dried and cured. It was good learning experience for me. Now i need to keep my cuttings alive, i think im gonna start a sea of green with smaller plants with around 8 to 10 plants total, but for now im just gonna focus on the 2 females i have and my cuttings. Thank you for the kind words OldMedUser! :D

20151225_153511.jpg
20151225_153522.jpg
20151225_153544.jpg
20151225_153608.jpg
heres some pics of the lovely ladies!

Hope you don't mind me hanging out in your grow room. Love watching a grow show. Here is a link to add your grow journal to your signature.
How to Add Links to Signatures

Thanks again for the Christmas grow show... Subbed Merry Christmas

Thank you simoto! I harvested the hermie yesterday, so the ladies now have some more room to branch out, i checked female number 2 last nite and it looks like her trichomes are getting milky, i think these are gonna give small yields, i guess its time to buy some good seeds!
in my opinion there was something else wrong maybe probably the lighting those cfls just aint cutting it. One thing i learned on my research was more light = more bud ;)

You mite be right simoto, i didnt think about the lights, i figured since it was bagseed that the genetics may have been not that strong. For now i will see if i can find stronger cfls. My grow room is just a desk top and an old fish tank so theres not much room for mh's or hps's. I think on my next run im gonna to remove the fish tank when the plants get big to allow more expansion of the branches, the tank is a bit restrictive and doesnt allow the light to penetrate down unless i tie branches down or bend the branch over to allow the light to get farther down. I also havent topped any of my girls this time, just tied down the main trunk and side branches. I think im gonna top the next set. Some of the side branches have long internodes from moving the lights when the main cola reached the light fixtures. I figure if i top them i can keep them more uniform next time. Thanks for the insight simoto, i hadnt really thought about the lights not being strong enough, i would love to have a big ol closet to grow but theres way too much junk in mine so i have to find a new home for all the junk before i can expand my op.

i noticed explosive growth on my girls when i switched to mh thats why i told you my story is kinda similar with yours :) check myy journal here the first images are from a seed i found on some crap weed although its an outdoor it turned out delicious 1000 times beter than the product i found it in. will also update the journal tomorrow i think its topping time ;)

i noticed explosive growth on my girls when i switched to mh thats why i told you my story is kinda similar with yours :) check myy journal here the first images are from a seed i found on some crap weed although its an outdoor it turned out delicious 1000 times beter than the product i found it in. will also update the journal tomorrow i think its topping time ;)
I checked out your journal simoto, i like you dwc! I also like the first pics of the buds from the bagseed, that is a beautiful bud! Ive been doing some pricing on a new light set up, i found a whole set up on amazon for a 600 watt system, comes with everything i need including ballast and both mh and hps bulbs, hopefully when i get some money i can actually buy it lol!

that's what you get when you grow your medicine with love i do foliar feeding 2 times per day i also sit with them and sing to them i may seem crazy but i like doing it they seem to like it to judging from the growth rate :) don't think it to much go get the set its worth it although you need some space for an 600w hps they produce allot of heat the mh not so much as they don't have so much infrared on there spectrum keep in mind that if you gonna get an aircooled ficture its gonna suck out your humidity i run a humidifier every hour for 1 hour to keep me on 50-60% rh air cooled fictures can be placed much closer to the canopy like 10" and still keep the canopy temp on 25c

that's what you get when you grow your medicine with love i do foliar feeding 2 times per day i also sit with them and sing to them i may seem crazy but i like doing it they seem to like it to judging from the growth rate :) don't think it to much go get the set its worth it although you need some space for an 600w hps they produce allot of heat the mh not so much as they don't have so much infrared on there spectrum keep in mind that if you gonna get an aircooled ficture its gonna suck out your humidity i run a humidifier every hour for 1 hour to keep me on 50-60% rh air cooled fictures can be placed much closer to the canopy like 10" and still keep the canopy temp on 25c

I would get the lights but money is a real problem for me right now, im a cook by trade and being winter time im not getting the hours i need so i have to wait til i get the money to buy everything. I checked on my plants last night and female #2 is frosting up real nice now, she has a beautiful piney citrus aroma to her, and female #3 is starting to frost up a bit but her aroma isnt that strong yet, there is some beautiful trichomes forming on both plants now. They are around 5 weeks into flower so it looks like they are pushing some good growth, i will take pics and posts when i get the chance.

I would get the lights but money is a real problem for me right now, im a cook by trade and being winter time im not getting the hours i need so i have to wait til i get the money to buy everything. I checked on my plants last night and female #2 is frosting up real nice now, she has a beautiful piney citrus aroma to her, and female #3 is starting to frost up a bit but her aroma isnt that strong yet, there is some beautiful trichomes forming on both plants now. They are around 5 weeks into flower so it looks like they are pushing some good growth, i will take pics and posts when i get the chance.

Im sorry, i forgot to take some. I should have taken some today. I took them out of the tank today and set the tank up for my clones. I lollipopped one female and supercropped the other. They now have more room to grow. I also took the reflector off of one of my cfl's and lowered the bulb so it sits under the canopy to allow some light to reach the lower buds on the supercropped female. I will try to get some pics tomorrow when i get off of work.

Back
Top Bottom