Girl Scout Versus Papaya - Plus 3 More Great Strains

20150611_154623.jpg
20150611_154605.jpg
20150611_154551_2.jpg
20150608_161430.jpg
20150611_154503.jpg
20150611_154513.jpg

Sorry for the sideways photo. I'll play with photo editor some more again.

Bad news the blue dream has passed away. There was no new growth on her. Stem felt real dried out to me. I was hoping she would make it.

It's ok cause I got some more in that flat I'm gonna transplant this weekend.

I'm gonna assume me messing with it and the soil being a little to hot caused this.

Well can't prosper without failures. Live and learn.

Ok so I believe the soil is to hot for the small plants right now. So I'm gonna mix things up here a little.

Went to the grow shop today. I got some more Fox farms, another bag of mushroom compost, and some cow manure and organic soil mix. Also some more perlite, and vermicule. If that's how it's spelled. Not quiet sure.

Also purchased more planter pots.

And I have to say I bought some niem oil. This stuff is the best you can buy. This is will stop any kind of bug or mildew or mold that will try to take the girls out.

Updates when I'm done.

Wow everything is looking great since I last checked your journal out! Transplant pictures?

Planning on doing a full update in the morning.
Thank for stopping by, and for the comment. This my forth grow, but yet have so much more to learn.

Had a indoor grow fail on me miserably over winter. Sucked, but showed there's a lot more learn out there.

Win some ya lose some....as long as you're learning its a victory and you get better every grow! :high-five:

Ok so by these pictures. You can tell why I had to put a twist on things.

As you see in some of the pics. There are little tears in some leafs. This tells me some type of insect likes my plants. Reasoning why I purchased the niem oil again this year. I'm outdoors so this is to be expected.

Second you can see some yellowing of the leaves. This tells me two things. Either a nutrient deficiency, or the soil is to hot for the babies.

Knowing I have not added any nutes to these plants beside what I cooked up in my starting soil.

So I went with soil being to hot. Just seems like the best explanation to me. Any input or opinions on this would be nice.

So I went ahead and did the transplant. Everything went well. Just waiting to water cause it seems it's gonna rain here soon.

If it dose not rain I will do a complete flush for the first round of watering. With a ph of 6.7 water. With a 1/4 strength cal mag.

This should get these babies moving in the right direction.

Anyone wanna chime in. I would appreciate it. Thanks again.

And again I can't get the pics to upright position for some reason. Sorry

That soil looks nice. I have never grown a cannabis plant outside so Im very interested on how they turn, Ive heard also Neem oil is a great organic pesticide.

Niem oil is great. It doesn't hurt the b plant at all, and all insect hate it. I don't know what it is but it works.

Soil only took 45 mins to get it together. I like how black it b is. Can tell it's fresh.

I expect them to really take off here in the next week.

Not gonna lie gonna do a folier feeding here soon. Wanna give them a few days in there new home.

They are growing quick jrd. From comparing mine to yours, I can now see its a very wise idea to sort out a good medium for the plants! Just 1 question.

What happens if your using a low PH water?

Keep it up :thumb:

They are growing quite nicely indeed! That medium looks spot on. I think you could be right about the soil being too hot. If you just give it water for a couple waterings, you will definitely find out if that's what's causing the yellowing. I doubt it's lock out at this point.

They are growing quick jrd. From comparing mine to yours, I can now see its a very wise idea to sort out a good medium for the plants! Just 1 question.

What happens if your using a low PH water?

Keep it up :thumb:

I wouldn't think that the plants would grow very well. People like to compare tomato plants and cannabis.

I believe there are nothing alike. You don't have to worry about ph in Tomatos. You water them and let them go.

In cannabis I believe that the correct ph allows your plants to take in the nutrients better.

I also found a product last year that can be used in soil grows, and hydroponic set ups. SOS organic stimulator.

This product is great for producing strong roots, and stems, basically. The over all structure of the plant. It also helps to break down salts and nutrients in the soil. Which allows the roots to use up the good stuff in the soil.

But to answer the question about low ph.

Don't honestly know. I would assume a low ph would eventually block out nutrients. Then the plant wouldnt grow as it should.

They are growing quite nicely indeed! That medium looks spot on. I think you could be right about the soil being too hot. If you just give it water for a couple waterings, you will definitely find out if that's what's causing the yellowing. I doubt it's lock out at this point.

Yes I agree With you on this. The soil had to be too hot. Only reason I came to the conclusion it was the soil.

I have not added any nutes to plants yet.

That's how I ruled out nutrient lock out, or root bound.

Plants aren't big enough for niether of those to happen.

So this time it seemed like a great explanation why there were doing this. Process of elimination worked for me this time.

Back
Top Bottom