Karl's Northern Lights Grow - First Grow - CFL - LST

Re: Karl's Northern Lights grow- First grow, CFL, LST

Dont worry about 1 she will be fine. It's all about the new foliage. What most people starting off dont realize is that you end up losing your first couple sets of leaves as you go through flowering usually anyways. They will turn yellow just like leaves outside in the fall and they will fall off if you even touch them gently once they yellow and turn upside down. Concentrate on the new foliage mostly for now. But mostly they look pretty healthy brother.:goof:

Welcome MrNiceGuy and Lucky man. Here are some eyecandy for yall.
I taped a loupe in front of my iphone and had a photo shoot with #2. :yummy:

IMG_011613.JPG
IMG_011312.JPG
IMG_011210.JPG
IMG_011114.JPG
IMG_010910.JPG

Gotta feel like the obgyn getting that close to the ladies! :cheesygrinsmiley:

UPDATE! Veg day 19.

Everything is running nice and smooth here.:blunt:
I've transplanted both girls in 7'' pots last week and by the looks of it, it went good. I got my hands on some 15 liter pots as well which I will use as the final container later on.
When do you think I should start LST?
If you have any questions or maybe photo requests I'll be happy to help you.

#1 Still a little slow but she has more developed branches than #2
IMG_012410.JPG
IMG_012314.JPG
IMG_012211.JPG
IMG_012512.JPG

#2 with big 7 prong leaves.
IMG_012610.JPG
IMG_012111.JPG
IMG_012013.JPG
IMG_011910.JPG
IMG_011813.JPG

:peace:

:popcorn: Coming along nicely Karl. They are gonna start getting bushy soon. :smokin:

:popcorn: Coming along nicely Karl. They are gonna start getting bushy soon. :smokin:
Lets hope so!:slide: They are starting to smell a little now but thats just nice. The citrus/minty smell reminds me of the lemon balm that mom used to grow when I was a kid. I think I'm gonna have trouble tying them down later because of all the big leaves thats already there. Is it usual to have this short internodes? Is it because of the strain or the close lights or what..?

UPDATE:Changes veg day 24.

Made some changes in my little box yesterday.

I put my green little friends in brand new 15 liters pots. Due to the lack of perlite I blended my soil with approximately 1/20 of crushed clay pellets which I did on my last transplant as well, just forgot to mention it. Better than nothing I guess if you ignore the high pH in the clay but they say dirt is a great buffert.

Next i moved some pots and bulbs around and here's the result.
IMG_01508.JPG
IMG_01409.JPG

All 8 bulbs are in position. I'm probably going to make some kind of reflector... sometime... maybe...

IMG_01419.JPG
IMG_014210.JPG
IMG_014310.JPG

#2. Nothing new here accept for her growth. Stem and branches are stretching.

IMG_01448.JPG
IMG_01457.JPG
IMG_014613.JPG
IMG_01479.JPG
IMG_01499.JPG

#1. Almost as long as #2 but looks sad. Often she has droopy leaves. She's just so different from #2. She got burned from a falling bulb to top it of. Sorry if I write like a child but I'm pretty high right now.:grinjoint:

IMG_014810.JPG

My on the side project. We got parsley, basil, chives, oregano and chili. Don't know if all are going to fit.

Can somebody advise me when I should start LST?

Peace and love!

Is this a spice cabinet or an erb cabinet? They look great Karl. Gotta watch for those falling bulbs. :trance: Had that problem once when i first got started. Problem was , i was anchored into sheetrock which is very undependable. Some times the fan blows and rocks your bulbs back and forth and loosens the screws grip in the sheetrock. Chain reaction type stuff that most dont consider. Since that horrible time ( that i lost two 3 foot puple haze plants because they got burned to smitherines) Now i anchor only into the studs, Make sure to find the studs for peace of mind if nothing else. :peace:

Is this a spice cabinet or an erb cabinet? They look great Karl. Gotta watch for those falling bulbs. :trance: Had that problem once when i first got started. Problem was , i was anchored into sheetrock which is very undependable. Some times the fan blows and rocks your bulbs back and forth and loosens the screws grip in the sheetrock. Chain reaction type stuff that most dont consider. Since that horrible time ( that i lost two 3 foot puple haze plants because they got burned to smitherines) Now i anchor only into the studs, Make sure to find the studs for peace of mind if nothing else. :peace:
Yeah I think they are pretty stable now. The one that felled was attached to a plastic thingy between the tubes but now I got my hooks ON the tubes. Since theres not much weight on them I'm sure they won't break.
Hey, sorry about those plants. All that work for nothing.(Or learning to attach them well.) Luckily I was home when it happened so a minute later I got up to see it and take it of. It could have gone much worse.

Back
Top Bottom