HighUpNorth’s Soil Durban Grow Journal 2018

Day 8 flowering

So today I saw the first pistils! Flowering just got real! :-D
It prompted me to dig out my old microscope to see if I could get some good close-ups.
1810141926_1.jpg1810141927_3.jpg
These came out the best, but it's a pain in the neck to get decent shots with it as I have to hold it real steady and in focus with one hand and click on the track pad on the computer with the other hand, to do the capture. Gotta make some DIY stand that is adjustable and will keep it fixed when doing these pics.

Took a few with the phone as well. It won't get as close but still better pics
2018-10-14 19.31.28.jpg2018-10-14 19.31.34.jpg
Soon now you will smell the spicey aroma.

It already had lots of aroma almost from the start, but but I'm excited for how it'll be soon (and a little apprehensive for stealth reasons :) )
Thats the one stuff up.
These plants dont smell stealthy!!
Are you from Canada? Couple more days to go?

Yeah, my carbon filter will get tested:)
Not Canada, somewhere in Scandinavia where it's not yet legal :)
Hey HighUpNorth.
The carbon filter will do the trick for sure!

I sure hope they come right with legalization up North like they did down South here.
Still feels weird to me though. Not even a month down the line yet.

Those DP's love strong nutes and good strong light.

You making me feel like growing one again!!!
:goodjob::Namaste:

Hey HighUpNorth.
The carbon filter will do the trick for sure!

I sure hope they come right with legalization up North like they did down South here.
Still feels weird to me though. Not even a month down the line yet.

Those DP's love strong nutes and good strong light.

You making me feel like growing one again!!!
:goodjob::Namaste:
I really hope it does the carbon filter takes most of it. My concern is though, that my intake fan is more powerful than my exhaust vent, causing a slight pressure in the tent rather than a vacuum.

Sure hope legalization will come here as well, but it'll be years still at least.
Gonna up the nudes slightly going into week two of flowering.

My lights are a 250w CFL. I hope it is enough even when it starts stretching. I do have two small cfl bulbs (veg spectre I think) that I could hang on each side of the plant, but that would probably re-introduce the problems with temps I had in the beginning.

I really hope it does the carbon filter takes most of it. My concern is though, that my intake fan is more powerful than my exhaust vent, causing a slight pressure in the tent rather than a vacuum.

Sure hope legalization will come here as well, but it'll be years still at least.
Gonna up the nudes slightly going into week two of flowering.

My lights are a 250w CFL. I hope it is enough even when it starts stretching. I do have two small cfl bulbs (veg spectre I think) that I could hang on each side of the plant, but that would probably re-introduce the problems with temps I had in the beginning.
Cant you swap the extractors thrn u will have negative pressure in tent. No smell leaks.
Been having heat issues with cfl's?
More light = more bud!!
Good luck.

Cant you swap the extractors thrn u will have negative pressure in tent. No smell leaks.
Been having heat issues with cfl's?
More light = more bud!!
Good luck.
Not sure as they as two very different types. But will probably have to look into it.

I did yes, but outside temps have fallen quite a bit so might not be a big issue now.

Day 9 flowering

Again today she was thirsty to the point that she was really drooping, so gave her a feeding.
Should probably have done so yesterday, but I really don't want to risk overwatering. I assume that will do more damage that being a little dry once in a while???
2018-10-15 20.39.25.jpg
I fed; 2ml/l Grow and 2ml/l Bloom. I Also have Canna PK13-14, should I wait until the last few weeks of flowering or can I also just start feeding her that now?

Also decided to trim some fan leaves from the bottom as well as some bits that might have turned into tiny buds under all the other growth.
2018-10-15 21.38.45.jpg2018-10-15 21.39.29.jpg

After trimming
2018-10-15 21.38.55.jpg

Looking good HighupNorth!!

So guess what i did today???

I ordered a breeders pack of 10 Durban poison seeds from Dutch Passion.
:cheer::bravo::yahoo::bravo:

And get 3 free glueberry og seeds with them. Good promo going on at the moment. :drool::drool::drool::adore::adore:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181017-194009.png
    Screenshot_20181017-194009.png
    717.5 KB · Views: 112
  • Screenshot_20181017-194053.png
    Screenshot_20181017-194053.png
    174.9 KB · Views: 110
  • Screenshot_20181017-194127.png
    Screenshot_20181017-194127.png
    181.6 KB · Views: 99
Here she is. But Glueberry a good one too.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181017-204529.png
    Screenshot_20181017-204529.png
    629.2 KB · Views: 110
  • Screenshot_20181017-204604.png
    Screenshot_20181017-204604.png
    165.1 KB · Views: 99
  • Screenshot_20181017-204617.png
    Screenshot_20181017-204617.png
    189.5 KB · Views: 103
Looking good HighupNorth!!

So guess what i did today???

I ordered a breeders pack of 10 Durban poison seeds from Dutch Passion.
:cheer::bravo::yahoo::bravo:

And get 3 free glueberry og seeds with them. Good promo going on at the moment. :drool::drool::drool::adore::adore:

That's awesome Grow Bro! Happy to have inspired you :-D
Will you get them going right away?

Sorry posted wrong info. Was wanting to post Dp info.
No worries, just went and found it on their website. Description is similar to the one at Sensi Seeds, though Sensi Seeds just calls it Durban feminized, and not Durban Poison. Assume it's the same though.

That's awesome Grow Bro! Happy to have inspired you :-D
Will you get them going right away?

No worries, just went and found it on their website. Description is similar to the one at Sensi Seeds, though Sensi Seeds just calls it Durban feminized, and not Durban Poison. Assume it's the same though.
Will pop 1 or 2. May even do 1 outdoors. Up to 3m tall. Awesome!!!
Its got a unique taste. Youll see.

Day 9 flowering

Again today she was thirsty to the point that she was really drooping, so gave her a feeding.
Should probably have done so yesterday, but I really don't want to risk overwatering. I assume that will do more damage that being a little dry once in a while???
2018-10-15 20.39.25.jpg
I fed; 2ml/l Grow and 2ml/l Bloom. I Also have Canna PK13-14, should I wait until the last few weeks of flowering or can I also just start feeding her that now?

Also decided to trim some fan leaves from the bottom as well as some bits that might have turned into tiny buds under all the other growth.
2018-10-15 21.38.45.jpg2018-10-15 21.39.29.jpg

After trimming
2018-10-15 21.38.55.jpg

My Durban poison leaf. Old pic. My profile pic the DP too

Back
Top Bottom