First Indoor Grow

It's not a big plant and most of the trichs,at least %80,turned into cloudy now.I used my new loupe,pretty much easier,I love it.
I want to keep her for a couple of weeks but my main confusion is if she'll survive without any fan leaves ???
Some people say it's not a big deal for the last two weeks while the others insist on to keep some fan leaves till to end.In my case,I'd guess there will be no fan leaves left next week.
I've tested a small popcorn bud from the bottom today,quick dried in 9 hours,it was a good head high that's still going.I will wait for another week at least.

It's not a big plant and most of the trichs,at least %80,turned into cloudy now.I used my new loupe,pretty much easier,I love it.
I want to keep her for a couple of weeks but my main confusion is if she'll survive without any fan leaves ???
Some people say it's not a big deal for the last two weeks while the others insist on to keep some fan leaves till to end.In my case,I'd guess there will be no fan leaves left next week.
I’ve tested a small popcorn bud from the bottom today,quick dried in 9 hours,it was a good head high that’s still going.I will wait for another week at least.

I agree with your decision. Patience.
(The dry and cure steps also take patience )

The dry/cure hone the terpene profile. Never heard that it increases the %THC. For me, it's hard to divorce the aesthetic (taste) from the overall experience, and I'm not sure I want to.

You have received some sage advice above about patience. It may be my outdoor background speaking up (don't sacrifice a good crop in a vain search for the "perfect" one), but at 80% cloudy (unless you're looking for a very sedative buzz) I'd be looking for the axe.

Now humidity settled down to 44/54 range.
Sharing just the photos,sorry for the poor quality,it was a mobile cam.
Give the details after drying.

WP_20150313_005.jpg
WP_20150313_0032.jpg
WP_20150313_0012.jpg

Sweet. Well done. Now, wasn't that fun?

I love the way the flowers spiral around. It looks like caterpillars curled around skewers.

Wow! Congratulations on a tasty-looking crop. Your constancy is demonstrated by the even development of the buds. Should translate to an extremely uniform dry/cure. I think you're in for a ride!

Thanks mate.
I've rolled a joint after drying yesterday before beginning to cure.It wasn't the best but quite good.

I've put directly nine sprouts under 12/12,after six weeks (last monday)three of them showed their first pistils,three of them was male and removed but I'm still not sure about the other two.Their soil mix is better.I didn't top them but I'm planning to begin LST.
Is it a bad idea to transplant them into bigger pots after flowering begins ?
One is in a 1 gallon pot,the other two is probably in 2 liter pots.
DSCF05774.jpg
DSCF05763.jpg
DSCF05755.jpg
DSCF05746.jpg

What he said. ^^^^^

Three girls looking pretty :)

How many lights are you using now?

They've been put under 12/12 from the beginning ,so sprouts began with 375W with the other flowering plant and still going on with the same power.
Only the distance from the bulbs changed,about two and a half inches now.Today I noticed strong yellowing on the bottom leaves just as the first plant that I've finished.2 weeks into flowering and 7,5 weeks in total.I was thinking this time I've did the soil mix.
And a little update,now I've got four females and still waiting for the last one to show sex.It's interesting;six of them showed sex at week 6 and one at week 7 and still waiting for the last one.

DSCF05813.jpg
DSCF05803.jpg
DSCF05795.jpg
DSCF05786.jpg

I was thinking those were sativa dominant hybrids but I'm in doubt now after drying and begin smoking the last one I harvested.They look like more indica dom.
What refers to indica or sativa if the strain is unknown ? The leaves were indica when seedling but turned out more of sativa after flowering began. Or I may be the only person thinking like this :cheesygrinsmiley:

DSCF05962.jpg
DSCF05946.jpg
DSCF05933.jpg
DSCF05922.jpg
DSCF05911.jpg

Went to a green house and told them to prepare a soil mix for my tomatoe seedlings.I've used 1 part of that soil mix,1 part wormcastings and finally 1 part pumice stone in the pots.
I'd guess that wasn't enough for the whole cycle.At least I'd have to repot one more time but I couldn't manage the timing in 12/12 cycle.I was only using grow nutes for the first two weeks of flowering no bloom nutes.3 weeks into flowering now,tomorrow is feeding day and I'm in doubt about to keep using only grow nutes or a mix of bloom and grow.Only 5 or 6 weeks left to harvest and the only way I can imagine for an N boost is topdressing with bat guano ?
Or do I have to read more :cheesygrinsmiley:
Btw I've found 12/12 directly from seed useless,at least for a newbie like me.They look like autos,one single cola and a very small plant.And I'd guess,I will get the same yield from 4 plants comparing to the one single plant that I've finished in this journal.

DSCF06012.jpg
DSCF06002.jpg
DSCF05992.jpg
DSCF05983.jpg
DSCF05974.jpg

I'd wait until you harvest before you decide if 12/12 is workable. You still have weeks to go and those single colas may surprise you in the end. Check out DrZiggy. He's running 11/13 and slamming it. He was my inspiration for my current run.

If you have any access to comfrey leaf a tea with comfrey will be a great way to get usable nitrogen in. If you're going to do it, make it soon.

I'd wait until you harvest before you decide if 12/12 is workable. You still have weeks to go and those single colas may surprise you in the end. Check out DrZiggy. He's running 11/13 and slamming it. He was my inspiration for my current run.

If you have any access to comfrey leaf a tea with comfrey will be a great way to get usable nitrogen in. If you're going to do it, make it soon.

You've noticed me about Dr Ziggy before but fool me,I began to read just a few days ago and since lost in there and the links.
Still reading,it takes time to read througly.
I've tried to germinate a dozen of comfrey seeds a month ago but I couldn't succeed.
I will have a question,maybe you've written before but I didn't find in your thread.Are checking PH of your soil and water or just trusting your living soil ???

Back
Top Bottom