CFL Cardboard Box Grow

Little snap this evening :)
420-magazine-mobile1394324293.jpg

Jimdogggy

Quick couple of questions guys. What is the lowest temp I should allow my grow room to get to? It's been hitting 3degress celcs every night and I fear it may be stunting the growth or worse hermie. Next question should I have my fans inside the cupboard blowing directly onto the plants or just around? Last off can I clone during flower period? I plan on taking cuttings of any females (once they show) so I can veg for a couple weeks then put into flower as well. Thoughts or advice for this? I would clone the good old way, put it in a cup for a few days then straight to soil. I've had a 100% germination rate for seeds so far and I've done many outdoor grows. I'm hoping my cloning will be the same :)

Jimdogggy

Quick couple of questions guys. What is the lowest temp I should allow my grow room to get to? It's been hitting 3degress celcs every night and I fear it may be stunting the growth or worse hermie. Next question should I have my fans inside the cupboard blowing directly onto the plants or just around? Last off can I clone during flower period? I plan on taking cuttings of any females (once they show) so I can veg for a couple weeks then put into flower as well. Thoughts or advice for this? I would clone the good old way, put it in a cup for a few days then straight to soil. I've had a 100% germination rate for seeds so far and I've done many outdoor grows. I'm hoping my cloning will be the same :)

Jimdogggy

3 degrees Celsius????? or a typo????

Marijuana grown indoors functions better at moderate temperatures between 70 and 75*F (21-23*C) during the light period and a drop of no more than 48.2*F (9*C) to 60*F (15*C) during the dark period. CO2-enriched plants will produce more at a marginally higher temperature of just under 80*F (27*C).
If the temperature drops below 60*F (15*C) during the dark period, plants will grow more slowly and yields will not be as abundant. This won't be readily apparent if you aren't particularly familiar with the garden's normal output. A few nights of cool temperatures won't significantly damage your crop, but if it continues to occur throughout the flowering period, it can definitely be cause for concern. A CO2 generator or electric heater can heat the room adequately.

Hi Jim.
Your plants look all good and healthy, I like it. I suggest you can take a piece of the car shades you have all over your walls and put it onto the bars you have on top of your lights. Or something white. You should see improved brightness around you plants and they will grow faster. Cheers man! :Namaste:

Hi Jim.
Your plants look all good and healthy, I like it. I suggest you can take a piece of the car shades you have all over your walls and put it onto the bars you have on top of your lights. Or something white. You should see improved brightness around you plants and they will grow faster. Cheers man! :Namaste:
Hey Tomula, i have actually thought about making a reflecter but time has been a problem lately. Thanks for the input tho I think I'll get it done this weekend :)

Jimdogggy

3 degrees Celsius????? or a typo????

Marijuana grown indoors functions better at moderate temperatures between 70 and 75*F (21-23*C) during the light period and a drop of no more than 48.2*F (9*C) to 60*F (15*C) during the dark period. CO2-enriched plants will produce more at a marginally higher temperature of just under 80*F (27*C).
If the temperature drops below 60*F (15*C) during the dark period, plants will grow more slowly and yields will not be as abundant. This won't be readily apparent if you aren't particularly familiar with the garden's normal output. A few nights of cool temperatures won't significantly damage your crop, but if it continues to occur throughout the flowering period, it can definitely be cause for concern. A CO2 generator or electric heater can heat the room adequately.
No typo, temps are dropping to -5 some nights outside. The cupboard is in a big shed so it hard to keep it warm. I thought about a heater but with how big the plants are getting it would be direct heat and I feel it may annoy the plants. It's funny because over summer when we grow outside we leave harvest pushing frosts. Rule of thumb for my area is once the first frost has happened it's harvest time, so it's weird a fully budded plants can handle a full on frost and still be harvested (pushing it after the first frost results in mould ect)

Jimdogggy

Little update on the plants all are doing well, started their first lot of bloom nutes tonight so hopefully they enjoy it. No signs of girls or boys just yet but I have a feeling I only have one girl (plant in the green bucket) but we will see!! If anyone has any advice towards flowering please let me know :)

420-magazine-mobile602095680.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1165914919.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1401091142.jpg

420-magazine-mobile315645159.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1009928173.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1234656885.jpg

The nutes they are being fed as well as a few other natural things.
420-magazine-mobile884849052.jpg

Jimdogggy

Hey all. We are on day 7 of 12/12 and I'm slowly seeing pre flowers coming in. At this point I'm pretty sure the yellow bucket is a boy. The green is most likely a girl. The red tho I can't tell, the plant is soooooo smelly already but isn't showing any signs of boy or girl yet.
Has anyone used mars lighting before? It's my birthday coming up and the missus would like to buy me a nice led but we are stuck on what. Any advice would be wonderful on this subject :)
Hope everyone is well and medicated for their weekend

Jimdogggy

Hey all. We are on day 7 of 12/12 and I'm slowly seeing pre flowers coming in. At this point I'm pretty sure the yellow bucket is a boy. The green is most likely a girl. The red tho I can't tell, the plant is soooooo smelly already but isn't showing any signs of boy or girl yet.
Has anyone used mars lighting before? It's my birthday coming up and the missus would like to buy me a nice led but we are stuck on what. Any advice would be wonderful on this subject :)
Hope everyone is well and medicated for their weekend 

Jimdogggy

If you speak to Smoke-Sara, she can help you. She is mars hydro rep
You need to think of the size you need to cover. They have good costumer service too.

Hope everyone is well and medicated for their weekend

Jimdogggy

I'm currently using Mars Hydro older model 300W light I got some good results with it on my first try, and I have something cooking under it right now. I'm pretty happy with it, I will be buying a new one hopefully for the Christmas. Cheers man, your girls are lovely.

I'm currently using Mars Hydro older model 300W light I got some good results with it on my first try, and I have something cooking under it right now. I'm pretty happy with it, I will be buying a new one hopefully for the Christmas. Cheers man, your girls are lovely.
That's actually what I'm looking at getting! Would be perfect for my size and any other light needed can come from my small Cfls. How loud do they run? I've heard they can be quiet noisy wondering if I need to maybe install custom fans on it? Thanks for your input, pretty sure I'll be getting a 300w mars.

Jimdogggy

If you speak to Smoke-Sara, she can help you. She is mars hydro rep
You need to think of the size you need to cover. They have good costumer service too.
Hey angry!

I did email the sales team and talked it through with them. For price reasons I think I'll look for an older product somewhere else. Even the lower tier new mars products are quiet expensive to ship ect. After thoughs prices I could have bought 2 older models from somewhere else and still have coin left over. I have seen Sara around the forums tho, she seems like a lovely ladie!

Jimdogggy

Back
Top Bottom