Midnightexpress Autoflower Journal

blazediget

This is my second attempt at growing , my first attempt I spread just over 100w of cfl's around my grow space . I used 1x 120mm pc fan as an air intake and 2x 120mm pc fans as an air exhaust and 1x 120mm pc fan to help circulate the air in my diy box . The box is around 1 and a half meters by just over half a meter and hight upto about 6 foot . My first grow I harvested just over 1 ounce dry from 2 plants that were in the 5 foot range . Ive since bought a 200w dual spectrum cfl and started another grow with the aim of doubling my first yeald by growing 1 and doing lst . I use ionic veg then move to ionic bloom and pk boost .

Theres a little nute burn and the fan leaves are yellowing . Can I do anything at this stage ? Can anybody give tips for bloom please as im a amateur and dont want to do anything that could harm it .

Yea I'll get some pictures up soon still trying to figure out how to lol I'm not great at this sort of thing bare with me please .

Hi I've uploaded a couple pics to the gallery now
DSC_021710.jpg
DSC_021814.jpg
DSC_021919.jpg
DSC_022017.jpg
DSC_022417.jpg

That's her at day 43 from seed . What do any of you more experienced growers think ? I cant get temps under 30C during light and it drops to 20/23C in dark . Any advice please and thanks

Thanks for the advice ive tried to keep the 200w atleast 3/4" away at all times and I did tie her down but I think I untied her to early .

Hi TheCelt I just had a look at some of your pics you do well keeping them girl's short I'll be aiming for similar results next time . Great pics mate .

Hey Blaze

If you want to keep your girls short for better light penetration, look into others doing SCROG or, if you prefer not to have to deal with nets etc, do some reading on "Main Lining". I was working on main lining but things kinda got away from me as I was asked for some clones by friends and family LOL

Hey TheCelt I will definitely look into main liining , I was thinking about scrog but as I'm a noob I'd like to get a couple grows under my belt first . The small plant in the picture is a sweettooth original and I'm putting it into flower soon as I harvest the midnightexpress . Would you suggest that I should maybe do scrog with the sweettooth to build up my confidence ?

Honestly if that's a recent photo, look into the mainlining. Its really not that hard if you follow the directions (I didn't) LOL After training, you only need a few stakes to support the colas as they gain weight. If you want to try SCROG ( no cutting of your plant) then have a look at some of the members here who have built individual screens for each plant. I have not done SCROG myself but I think either method works very well and I really like the idea of each plant having a separate screen to allow better ability of moving plants as needed when doing SCROG :)

Yea that pic was taking yesterday thanks again for the great advice TheCelt , you know what your talking about . I've watched a couple vids on main lining and I think it looks cool . If I'm honest both scrog and main lining look very impressive .but after seeing some of your pics I think I'm leaning towards main lining . Eventually I want to have all the great growing methods on lockdown and I think 420 is the place to be if people want to learn , so thanks again to TheCelt for great advice .

Day 44 , I think she'll maybe go to day 70 . There still a few gaps in the main cola and I'm woried it wont fill in . Any opinions please all are welcome . Thanks in advance :)

You are welcome Blaze, like you I was on a somewhat limited budget (still am) and bought things as I could afford them. I was actually a month into my grow when I joined this site. The information and people here are amazing and helpful.

I chose main lining because I have a small grow area that I can't get in with the plants but its large enough its hard to reach the back of, so I wanted to be able to pull my plants out tend them. Also, much of the training is done in the first 6-8 weeks and then you flip them to 12/12 and watch them grow.

I also went the organic super soil route for ease of maintenance, water only from start to finish :)

Yea I'm looking forward to starting it I'll wait till I see the sex . Also the organic super soil sounds good I'm just using a light soil mix with perlite pre-fed with root nutes and veg nutes but I'll look into organic :)

Day 45 she's looking better still not as much bud as what I thought there would be by now but I'm hoping she'll fill in
DSC_024111.jpg
DSC_023917.jpg
DSC_023821.jpg
DSC_023722.jpg
nicely .

Does anybody have experience with overdrive and do you think it would make a difference to my situation ? Please guy's and thanks . :)

Back
Top Bottom