Vetsmoke85 First Grow Stealth Cabinet

Don't want to post too much here with the new seedlings but the Cream Mandarine has the seed casing fully on. Barely looks split right now. Will give her another day and then may have to intervene somehow.
Candy Kush
IMG_20190518_093042_DRO.jpg
Cream Mandarine
IMG_20190518_093046_DRO.jpg

If you do have to pick the helmet off,use a very tender touch-there's not a
lot holding her in the ground right now.
Chances are she'll expand enough to knock the helmet off by tomorrow.

The girls are still ripening. Think I might chop #2 this week. Leaves are dying off, not pushing out new pistils and mostly cloudy trichomes with some amber. She may be a little racy but I like that at times. #1 I will leave longer. She has much more amber trichomes, lots cloudy but still quite a few clear, and lots of new pistils that haven't curled yet.

Attachments

• IMG_20190519_180349_DRO.jpg
    IMG_20190519_180349_DRO.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 100
  • IMG_20190519_180409_DRO.jpg
    IMG_20190519_180409_DRO.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 97
  • IMG_20190519_180343_DRO.jpg
    IMG_20190519_180343_DRO.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 82
Yeah getting there. I'll make a judgement on #2 in the week. #1 Will get another couple of weeks I reckon. Excuse my manky hands in the pics. Lol. Changed the rear discs and pads on my car today. Washed them at least 5 times.

Sounds like #2 is about ready to make the ultimate sacrifice...then all you've got to do is the
trimming, drying, jarring, curing, burping, and smoking....a lot of "ings" you've got to look forward to....

The seedlings look right on schedule + happy and healthy !

im gonna try the lo and slow dry in a fridge. it makes me more nervous than i was to begin actually, knowing that it could all be ruined if the last part is fluffed lol
slow and steady wins the race, i feel like the slow fridge method maybe easier to control lol

Hey @VetSmoke85 hope you don't mind if I jump in here for a quick question. I have purchased 3 pairs of the small bud trimmers from the net, and they all hurt like hell to use. Anyone find anything nicer? I'm using padded garden gloves with them right now to solve the issue kinda.

Hey @VetSmoke85 hope you don't mind if I jump in here for a quick question. I have purchased 3 pairs of the small bud trimmers from the net, and they all hurt like hell to use. Anyone find anything nicer? I'm using padded garden gloves with them right now to solve the issue kinda.
I went to the local hydro shop and he recommended the CHIKAMASA PRUNING SHEARS so I got those. Said the blades last forever and they feel comfortable enough. Can give a better review after my harvest.

I use these:
1558349080074.png
Hyindoor Hydroponics Micro Garden Scissor,Multi Purpose Curved Blade

My hands are large, so most of the handles with finger holes don't fit my hands well. Whatever you get, I suggest two for harvests of a lb or more. Keep a heavier container (like a mug) close by with enough 90% + isopropyl alcohol to reach the joint of the scissors. Also some paper towel is handy. Put the scissors into the alcohol whenever they get gummed up, or you take a break. Use the paper towel to wipe off the rosin.

Do any of you do the whole dark period before harvest thing? There's so many different ways of doing it. My plan was to just give #2 water from here on out and let the pot dry up before chopping at the base and taking all the fan leaves off. Hang her up whole like that and manicure once dry.

Do any of you do the whole dark period before harvest thing? There's so many different ways of doing it. My plan was to just give #2 water from here on out and let the pot dry up before chopping at the base and taking all the fan leaves off. Hang her up whole like that and manicure once dry.
I just cut them at first light, before they start sucking up the morning light.
:thumb:

I just pull the plug on the light at lights out the day before harvest. When I open the tent for harvest, it takes about 15 min to cut them down, and 1/2 hour for the initial trim to remove the fan leaves. This is for 32 colas.

I have found that 36 hours of dark at the end really makes a noticeable difference in the trichomes. I also now advise to definitely flush several times in a bottle fed grow, especially at the beginning of the final budswell, simply to cleanse the medium and the roots for maximum uptake. After the flush, I see no reason not to keep giving nutes, right up to the end. You are trying to expand those buds after all, and finishing nutes logically seem to make sense... right up to the very last watering. I know this is a flip flop from advice I have given all of these years, but with new data come new realizations. :peace::love:

Back
Top Bottom