Vetsmoke85 First Grow Stealth Cabinet

Thanks all. @Emilya That's great info thanks. We don't evolve if we live by 'that's the way we've always done it'. From what I read it's one of those things that gets perfected by experience but always good to start off on a strong foot. Think I'll move the babies into the main cabinet when #2 is ready and then use the veg tent for the dark period and drying. I'm a man that struggles to show emotion but I think I'll actually cry if I mess this up. Ha ha.

So I decided this morning that #2 had ceased developing in any way so she's gone into the dark ready to chop before I go away. The seedlings are now chilling with #1.

Attachments

• IMG_20190521_095026_DRO.jpg
    IMG_20190521_095026_DRO.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 136
#2 has been chopped. 77g wet weight with stalk and stems so if I'm very lucky I might have half an oz when she's dry. I'll be happy with that for a 1ltr pot. Anything between 1/2 and 1/4 is happy days.

Attachments

• IMG_20190522_094912_DRO.jpg
    IMG_20190522_094912_DRO.jpg
    870.2 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_20190522_095400_DRO.jpg
    IMG_20190522_095400_DRO.jpg
    807.6 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_20190522_095526_DRO.jpg
    IMG_20190522_095526_DRO.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 143
  • IMG_20190522_100237_DRO.jpg
    IMG_20190522_100237_DRO.jpg
    802.3 KB · Views: 135
She should be dry by the time I get back from my trip. I did chop a little bud yesterday so maybe that will be dry enough to try on Friday before I jump on the train. Lol. Thanks mate. You've all been a big help. Pretty sure now I should easily get an oz off #1 now. I'll be chuffed if I get 1.5oz total. As long as it's of good quality. Congrats on your recent chop too.

I'm sure you will get to try your tester nug before you go away, I've got a few little nugs on my ballast and thank you mate, I've got between 2-3 weeks left on my other 6, I noticed you didn't really run into any problems during that grow and you should be chuffed with 1.5 oz of pure homegrown bro, atleast you know what your smoking now

Gotta give yourself a little treat hey. Had a few little hiccups but nothing too major. #2 a little more challenging with her pot size. That'll be a busy day for you when they come down but oh so sweet. Reckon #1 has another 2-3 weeks. Getting fatter and fatter. The stems are filled with buds all the way down now.

Attachments

• IMG_20190522_081932_DRO.jpg
    IMG_20190522_081932_DRO.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 128
Dont let her go too long then if she's got quite alot of Amber at min probably a week unless you going for alot of amber and wanna be stuck to the sofa all day lol, I like the couch lock but can't smoke that all day I'd never get anything done

Yeah I'm the same. Prefer a more cerebral high. Good to have a stash of both depending on my needs at the time though.
Yh I agree with you there, I like cloudy for day and Amber for bedtimes lol you know your gonna be getting a sweet sleep lol

I have found that 36 hours of dark at the end really makes a noticeable difference in the trichomes. I also now advise to definitely flush several times in a bottle fed grow, especially at the beginning of the final budswell, simply to cleanse the medium and the roots for maximum uptake. After the flush, I see no reason not to keep giving nutes, right up to the end. You are trying to expand those buds after all, and finishing nutes logically seem to make sense... right up to the very last watering. I know this is a flip flop from advice I have given all of these years, but with new data come new realizations. :peace::love:
Interesting. I'd have thought, based on past discussions, that nutes to the end contributes to a more chemically taste. What has changed in your findings? Do those who claim to not flush have merit to their thinking?

Interesting. I'd have thought, based on past discussions, that nutes to the end contributes to a more chemically taste. What has changed in your findings? Do those who claim to not flush have merit to their thinking?
With the exception of magnesium that leaves a harsh metallic taste, I have indeed been swayed by the non-flushers to look into this further. The point that I most heavily considered is that my organic grows keep supplying nutrients right up to the end and that this method produces the best natural tasting pot I have ever grown. If this is true, why then should synthetic growers do any differently?
Flushing a container has always been about clearing the soil and the roots of built up salts and debris, not producing a better taste, although I did get swept up in that nonsense about a cleaner taste being produced if a flush was done at the end. Once I read that magnesium was the cause of the taste that I objected to, it was a simple matter to eliminate that in the last two weeks and a couple of grows following that advice convinced me that the objectionable taste was gone. Knowing that, and seeing the recent posts on taste not being affected by nutes got me really examining why the final flush was so important and it all came back to the roots. Flushing allows for better uptake. That is why we do it. If you feed out of a bottle, salts build up and they need to be flushed. Anyone who does not flush after 6 or 7 weeks of heavy fertilizing is not helping their roots at the end to uptake the most water they have ever done, and although you can't prove a negative, I believe that they have less yield as a result.

How do you guarantee no magnesium at the end though
I stop giving magnesium loaded products, like molasses, in the finishing stage. At the end you should be feeding high P&K nutrients and the microbes should be ok without the additional sugar because that is not their main food anyway. It is a myth that molasses somehow "sweetens" the final product.

I stop giving magnesium loaded products, like molasses, in the finishing stage. At the end you should be feeding high P&K nutrients and the microbes should be ok without the additional sugar because that is not their main food anyway. It is a myth that molasses somehow "sweetens" the final product.

I have 2-3 weeks left at min and so feeding just canna flores and pk will be OK, if I flush this Sunday on the 7th week then continue to feed the mentioned food or not I'm trying to get my head around this as I've always been told to flush for the last 2 weeks

I have 2-3 weeks left at min and so feeding just canna flores and pk will be OK, if I flush this Sunday on the 7th week then continue to feed the mentioned food or not I'm trying to get my head around this as I've always been told to flush for the last 2 weeks
Everyone has been told to flush and give water only for the last 2 weeks. BTW... giving water only is not flushing; it is watering. This is what I am now out to change... this definition of the word flushing. Flushing means moving 3x the container size in water through that soil. It is highly beneficial and I argue that it is necessary as the buds begin their final swell, to produce maximum yield. With new data and analysis that scientific testing can find no trace of nutes in the buds, with the anecdotal evidence from the organic soil folks, and just good old common sense, I think it is time for us all to take a plunge into new territory and not be afraid of using the proper nutes right up to the end.

Everyone has been told to flush and give water only for the last 2 weeks. BTW... giving water only is not flushing; it is watering. This is what I am now out to change... this definition of the word flushing. Flushing means moving 3x the container size in water through that soil. It is highly beneficial and I argue that it is necessary as the buds begin their final swell, to produce maximum yield. With new data and analysis that scientific testing can find no trace of nutes in the buds, with the anecdotal evidence from the organic soil folks, and just good old common sense, I think it is time for us all to take a plunge into new territory and not be afraid of using the proper nutes right up to the end.
I will try this on 1 of my plants this time to see the difference thank you

Back
Top Bottom