My First Autoflower Grow

PhotoEditor-1415831718291.jpg

so as u guys see I switched my closet around to flower and veg my autos. Im germinating a few more seeds now of killer kush but they are photo period plants i probably won't keep them long I'll probaly send them to my freinds grow tent. Idk if I get a couple of big healthy girls I may switch to photo plants. Depends on the auto big bomb turn out.

you're better off combining your light sources rather than separating them like that; when they're growing bud, they need more light, and a single combined source would work much better, plus you benefit from the full spectrum throughout the life cycle :peace:

A nitrogen deficiency typically starts from the bottom foliage and works its way up. Iron and Sulfur deficiencies usually start from the top inter-nodes in the center and works its way out. Which is why my personal opinion leaned towards it being a nitrogen deficiency. Unfortunately the areas in the plant that the deficiencies start are not shown on the diagram posted above.

so as u guys see I switched my closet around to flower and veg my autos. Im germinating a few more seeds now of killer kush but they are photo period plants i probably won't keep them long I'll probaly send them to my freinds grow tent. Idk if I get a couple of big healthy girls I may switch to photo plants. Depends on the auto big bomb turn out.

Auto flowers can't be cloned, so you'd have to be constantly replenishing seed stock. Unless you get an autoflower male and female and produce seeds. Which would then mean you'd have to find the gender of each individual plant as you grow it. Where as photo-period sensitive plants can be cloned season after season and are always the same gender as the plant that it was taken off.

i know i thought of that when I spent another 100$ on auto seeds last week. I may switch to photos Idk yet.

:thanks::thanks:Oh ya my lobster shell idea seems to be working and I'm on the way to get my nutes from planet hydro now so new pics in a few days. Thanks for the tips guy's

Auto flowers can't be cloned, so you'd have to be constantly replenishing seed stock. Unless you get an autoflower male and female and produce seeds. Which would then mean you'd have to find the gender of each individual plant as you grow it. Where as photo-period sensitive plants can be cloned season after season and are always the same gender as the plant that it was taken off.

Hi Super Sticky. I would just add that it's not that AFs cannot be cloned, because they actually can. One can make cuttings from AFs all day long. I've gotten substantial yields from the popcorn buds I've trimmed from mine when lolly popping. They root fast and in a small 4" germ-pot ended up making nice fat and intensely flavorful buds that were easily 5-7grams dry weight. I found them fun to grow too. Just ones own preference...the only difference in the concept of 'cloning' is that you cannot carry AF cuttings forward to the next generation like you can the photo-strains - but you can definitely make cuttings - which by definition is a clone. Cheers!

Im confused how can I run photos at 12/12 for a fast harvest when u need to veg a photo for months and autos a couple months from seed to harvest.?

I run 12/12 from seed all the time. you should check out my journals.

when I had a 150 watt hps I would yield about 28 grams per plant at 12/12 from seed. now that I run 200 watts of cfl I yield about 14 grams per plant at 12/12 from seed.

Im confused how can I run photos at 12/12 for a fast harvest when u need to veg a photo for months and autos a couple months from seed to harvest.?

You dont need to veg them, it just makes them smaller without a veg period. I did 5x AK47 and got nearly an oz per plant doing 12/12 from seed, can upload a pic if your actually considering doing it. I love 12/12 from seed, kindof like a SOG if you do allot of them.

Down the line in 2-3 months I will have 2-4x4 grow tents and 2-1000 watt lights I was planing on 1 for metal halide for a veg tent and 1 for hps for a flower tent. From what u are telling me it sounds like I'm better of just 1 big tent whith both lights.

I see pistils around week 3 at 12/12 from seed then I let them flower for 8-10 more weeks. it takes 11-13 weeks for harvest just like an auto.

if you have the light and the space your best bet would be to veg for about 2 weeks since they don't show sex till week 3 anyway. that's how I think the highest efficiency can be achieved.

ok now im thinking my auto big bombs will b dun around Jan 10th after that I think im guna try your advice and see how it works out thanks b.

Hi Super Sticky. I would just add that it's not that AFs cannot be cloned, because they actually can. One can make cuttings from AFs all day long. I've gotten substantial yields from the popcorn buds I've trimmed from mine when lolly popping. They root fast and in a small 4" germ-pot ended up making nice fat and intensely flavorful buds that were easily 5-7grams dry weight. I found them fun to grow too. Just ones own preference...the only difference in the concept of 'cloning' is that you cannot carry AF cuttings forward to the next generation like you can the photo-strains - but you can definitely make cuttings - which by definition is a clone. Cheers!

That's what I meant:) You can clone them, but they'll flower at the same time as the original mother plant. Because the flowering mechanism runs on age, not photo sensitivity.

But yes, they can be cloned.

if the flowering time on the beans you're running is, say, 8 weeks, then allow an extra week, so call it 9 weeks to run the plant from seed to harvest - I run my Lemon Kush like this, and pull 1.6 ozs per plant :peace:

Back
Top Bottom