My First Autoflower Grow

Now that i have a light platform i threw together i can start to veg another strain in about 2½ weeks and i plan on trying auto red poison.

I would suggest switching your fans around. Cold air goes down, hot air rises. Your drawing your hottest air in the room into your grow.

Other wise so far so good. They should start showing sex here right away ish

Thanks for the feedback i did switch my fans around.i also have the fan leaves hooked down in 10 days ill un hook them and post pics.

20141104_223550.jpg
PhotoEditor-1415159001716.jpg
PhotoEditor-1415291261529.jpg
PhotoEditor-1415295617449.jpg
PhotoEditor-1415295681577.jpg

Im thinking of switching over to the hps tommorrow becuz i already have alot of the veg spec on the side. Do u think its safe to make the switch b?

hey dude, looking good, but in my opinion, you do not need the CFLs in there to supplement the HID lamp [they are not 100w by the way]

also, if you're running autos, there is no veg/flower period, so no need for separate areas/lights, just stick them all under 18/6 in the one tent :peace:

Ive ben vegging 24/7 they just started to show pistols so ill switch to 20 of light and 4 dark. I realize i dont need the extra light from the cfls but its in there for when i start to veg my next 3 plants. They will b in the same room as i said onley the rite side is dedicted to flower spec and the left side for veg but still in The same closet. So till then why not use the extra light.

Engineer my plants are 3 weeks old should i switch to hps now?

once they start showing flowers, then yes, use the HPS for the red spectrum, and increased lumen output :peace:

also, it is worth bearing in mind that plants require dark time to grow roots below the soil, and day time to grow everything else above the soil - do you think a plant with good roots will grow a better plant that one with poor ones? if the answer to that question is yes, then I would strongly suggest you run an 18/6 lighting schedule from seed, or, 12/12 - this is from personal experience, they take a week or so longer, but grow much bigger buds :peace:

that will be the fastest way to get them out of the soil for sure, but there is more to it that speed - if you want bigger buds, slow the cycle down, plus, you'll save a fortune on electricity.

I have run autos on 12/12, and they take about a week or two longer, but for sure, the buds are much bigger :Namaste:

Although the auto flowers don't need the 12/12 lighting schedule? Are you saying that the 12/12 helps with bud production even with autos? I have read something along the same lines elsewhere, but would like to see the difference between one budded with 12/12 and the other budded with 18.5/5.5 within the same variables (e.g. feeding schedule, light type, pot size, temp, humidity etc.).

It makes sence. Im going to have to see the same strain grown at 12/12 and see the result of 20/4 and compare the two. But sumthin tella me you are probaly rite about taking longer but yeilding more. Thanks for the help.

Back
Top Bottom