LED grow 1st for newbie

My camrea is dead! No pics! I put the first plant in the flower room it is 12 inches tall and 49 days old. I flushed it and misted its leaves. The next one is only 10 1/2 and the runt is still at 6 inches. Im thinking about making some clones tomorrow. I had a shi<*&^y Fu^%&*ing crappy day and didnt want to bring my bad mojo to the new plants today.

I checked for gnats and found some still working the bases of my biggest
plants in my flower room. So i poured some more of the mosiquito dunk water that I had made about a week ago. I had mixed a 1/4 chunk with 2.5 gal of water. I am now thinking in my "paranoid" state that I hight have overdosed the plants.

hey dude nice looking plants.

great to have another led grower

i have my led lights probably less than 8 inches away from the plants at all times. that has helped tons. also, the hydro gear was $30 from ebay and well worth it my friend.

im flowering the girls now, check my journal in the next couple days.

Odd. Some have reported they got the most success when they raised their LEDs to 16" or higher.

The distance debate is on. I have had my lights almost on the plants and I have had the lights as far away as 36 inches. In my grow room they are about 16-24 inches away. While some of the plants are bag seed and some good seeds I still have had diffrent results. Right now the plants seem to be in super slow mo. I check them 2 times a day and nothing seems to grow. Maybe I should refer back to the childhood term of "the watched pot never grows". I dont have any experience growing so I dont know what I should be expecting in growth compaired to a bulb instead of a led panel. I do know that it is not possible to have all the plants I have in my grow room at 8 inches. In my flower room I have plants that are 8 inches to about 38 inches away from the light. Im not seeing explosive growth in there either. I do know that 2 of my plants are at 65 days and still have clear trichomes. I have plants in the room that are 5 weeks into flower and I still cant determin the sex. I do know LED's (over 2k worth) is what I have now and with summer coming I cant possibly have anymore heat generated in my room.
I think I just have to wait and s what happens when some more of the plants reach maturity. Thanks for checking out my grow!

The first couple days for my buddy have been good, it grew a inch in the flower room.
2008_0518tdaay0027.JPG

Some other friends in the flower room
2008_0518tdaay0021.JPG

2008_0518tdaay0024.JPG
2008_0518tdaay0025.JPG
2008_0518tdaay0020.JPG

My Led vs Flouro plants,Leds on the right
2008_0518tdaay0020.JPG

I just got my package with mylar a fan and odor sok. cost 400 for the stuff and 100+ shipping. At first the shipping was $48.85 but when they took it to ship they added 2 boxes together to make one large enough to fit the roll of 48 inch mylar, (instead of making 2 packages) that made it over sized and added $68.14 due at pick up! I am pissed! I also think they cheated me. I ordered a 6" "Can Fan" and got a ummarked replica that is way too loud. Like I can send it back, haha
The box it came in
2008_0518tdaay0032.JPG

My plants in the flower room
2008_0518tdaay0028.JPG

Plants are looking good!

My Led vs Flouro plants,Leds on the right
2008_0518tdaay0020.JPG

I'm confused again (my fault!). Are you flowering the two on the left under CFLs a a comparison? If so, how many watts of which color spectrum and at what distance from the plants are the bulbs? Or do you mean those were vegged under CFLs vs. the others which were vegged under LEDs - and that they are all flowering under LEDs?

At first the shipping was $48.85 but when they took it to ship they added 2 boxes together to make one large enough to fit the roll of 48 inch mylar, (instead of making 2 packages) that made it over sized and added $68.14 due at pick up! I am pissed!

Yup, oversize (the shipping company's definition, but 4' generally is) is going to hurt you. It might well have been cheaper to order twice the length in a 2' width (if it was available) because the shipping would probably have been considerably less.

Those are the realities of shipping. But as for it being a surprise to you on delivery... Assuming that the place you ordered from had contact information for you, I would have expected them to contact you and discuss it. Unless they plainly stated that the shipping costs that they quoted you were only estimates of course. Or if you ordered COD and they plainly stated - again - that the figure was only an estimate.

Did you order with a credit card? If you felt that it was unfair to charge you what they did - which is to say, if you had known what the proper shipping charges would be, you would not have ordered that product - then you might have a valid gripe with your CC company. I do not know.

I also think they cheated me. I ordered a 6" "Can Fan" and got a ummarked replica that is way too loud. Like I can send it back, haha
The box it came in

If you did not receive the item that you ordered and they did not clearly state that they would substitute an alternate item if the one you ordered was out of stock, then you would seem to definitely have a valid gripe. Did your CC bill (if you used a CC) state "Can Fan?" Or do you have paperwork and/or confirmation emails stating that is what you ordered?

When I was a kid and Mom didn't want something, she would seal the box (that she had carefully opened along the glue seams instead of cutting the box) back up, write "REFUSED" on it, and take it back to the shipper or the postman. I don't know if that still works.

If I order something, they had better send what I ordered instead of something else. That is grounds for a chargeback (if there was no substitution clause). And they had better ship the item within two weeks of charging my CC. I believe they are required to do so or to credit your payment back to your account.

Good luck!

The pic of the 4 plants are from still in the veg room. 2 on the left are flouros and the 2 on the right are LED. The led plants are thicker and have more branches. I will put them in the flower room that is LED only. They are still aways from gettting big enough to flower. The LED plants have had the light at 6-18 inches sometimes a little more depending when I rotate plants. The flouros have been 5 inches from the start. Im over the shipping problems Just have to remeber where I live sometimes. Ill make a box for the fan to quiet it down and start putting up some mylar. Havent had a chance to do any work in my room cause just like the country song say's " I got a brand new girlfriend" As you expect Its been very hard to check on my private stock of gf's.

LOL @ "private stock of GFs" - reminds me of some things in my past. Yeah, if it's a new one I'd be a little paranoid about doing the gardening thing (or maybe getting her to help you with your hobby). Then too, (not the biggest fan of "new" country music) like that old Canadian progressive rock band Triumph used to sing, "It Takes Time (To Make Time)..."

Five inches away from the flos? Can you get the bulbs about three, three and a half inches closer?

I am pretty paranoid already. My set up is very stealth it took my very nosey
roommate about a week to even figure I was doing something out of the ordanry. She and everyone else that reads this fourm are the only ones that knows about my private gf's and Im going to keep it that way. . I took another "420" plant and started it in the flower room. I will take all the plants at 12" So maybe that would add some sence of standardization to my led test. I did see the trichomes turning milky white on my best plant. How long should I let it go before I flush it again? and How long should I let it grow befor harvest? I hope to take some clones soon. Thanks for checking out my grow!

Ive been working on making a sound proof box for the fan. I tore the fan apart and sprayed it with rubberized spray undercoat and built a 3/4 inch plywood box and screwed the fan to it and then filled it up with the expanding spray foam. Its still pretty loud Im thinking I might have to put the fan in a remote location to pipe the air out. Seams most of the noise is from moving air in the duct pipe. I think my first 420 plant is male both plants are looking good I stil havent got a new camera so hold tight. I need to get the mylar up soon.

Got the camera to work. The test subjects are looking good. I like the strain so far on just looks. The oldest one was a little parched this morning.
2007_0511tday0001.JPG

Maybe a boy?
2007_0511tday0004.JPG
2007_0511tday0005.JPG

Here is the oldest plant under LED glory. Its 70 days into flower and the trichomes are just starting to get milky. I have to keep myself from squezing the charmin if you know what i mean.

2007_0511tday0006.JPG

Got to work on that damn fan.

All the subject plants are in the flower room. I pulled my white widow mother out for a hair cut today. I got some mylar up and it feels darker in the room.

I just put 16 clones in pots. The mother was getting too tall. I read 2 books on the subject before I started and the only thing I might have done wrong is
making the cuttings about 3 inches tall instead of 4 inches that was reccomended. I have them in a secret spot that I can tend too during the day instead of my grow room that I can only go in at night. Im hoping at least a few will catch. I got them under 2 23w flouros. I broke a limb on my
good plant last night so I microwaved it and rolled it up. Thought it tasted pretty mellow and wasnt expecting much high because the trichomes arent amber yet. I know it was wake and bake but about 20mins after I was stupid.
I dont remember smoking anything that buzz worthy for a long time. Maybe LED light made it better or Im just a proud parent.

Before
2007_0512tday0002.JPG

After
2007_0512tday0003.JPG

New tray of potential goodness.
2007_0512tday0004.JPG

I need a new camera

Back
Top Bottom