GanjaPreneur420's 1st Grow

Jan 28 - Day 43 Start of week 6 Flower. Well, definitely leaves look like Shyt from what I can tell nutrient burn(warning for any Octopot or similar growers). However, that being said, the bud development looks to be doing very well. And the aromas and stickiness is off the chart so I could only imagine thats a good thing... lol

Group Shot
IMG_0271.JPG

GG#4
IMG_0272.JPG

Cookies(1)
IMG_0273.JPG

Cookies(2)
IMG_0274.JPG

Cookies(3)
IMG_0275.JPG

Jan 28 - Day 43 Start of week 6 Flower. Well, definitely leaves look like Shyt from what I can tell nutrient burn(warning for any Octopot or similar growers). However, that being said, the bud development looks to be doing very well. And the aromas and stickiness is off the chart so I could only imagine thats a good thing... lol

Group Shot

GG#4

Cookies(1)

Cookies(2)

Cookies(3)
How they doing GP?

Hey everyone, Quick update with pics coming later tonight or tomorrow.

Sorry been on a little vacay the past couple weeks. Conveniently right at the end of the flowering stage...:thedoubletake: Anywho, at the conclusion of week #10 (Feb 25) I have since done a quick removal of the remaining fan leaves and a quick chop of any larger bud leaves and hung in tent. I will let them dry out a bit before I do a final clean up.

This grow was my first grow, I had a nutrient issue which was a nice learning experience as I am even more excited for my next grow than ever. I feel the lessons learned will have a major impact going forward.

I will also be working on a better setup for my next grow to make life even easier than these octopot systems were. The worst part filling the reservoirs with water, so I will work on making one reservoir, funnel into each with separate shutoffs.
Stay tuned for a final photo update with some final weights.

Stay medicated peeps, :lot-o-toke:

Alright everyone, this marks the end of my first grow and I would like to thank all the followers of this grow helping me along the way.:Namaste: I am very happy with this grow, not only from the results, but also from the mistakes that were made that I am even more excited to fix for the next grow! For now some final pictures below,

Group:

Hanging up Drying:

All jarred up: (the good buds)

Total dried weight:

GG#4 - 2.8 OZ + 1.3 OZ / Popcorn buds - Not pictured(NP) = 4.1 OZ
Cookies(1) - 2.4 OZ + 2 OZ / Popcorn buds(NP) = 4.4 OZ
Cookies(2) - 2.1 OZ + 1.7 OZ / Popcorn buds(NP) = 3.8 OZ
Cookies(3) - 1.6 OZ + 1 OZ / Popcorn buds(Np) = 2.6 OZ

Total = 14.9 (lets round up for looks) 15 OZ

Cheers all, :ganjamon:

Well... that was a fun read, and I wish I’d noticed you before this GanjaPreneur. 15 ounces in your first grow.... You beat me by 11.5 ounces. :thumb:

I read you were diligent about using nutrients at half-strengthand yet still had nutrient burn. :hmmmm: That’s a concern we’ll learn to overcome.

Wonderful grow, and thanks so much for sharing. :hug: I look forward to your participation in the community grow thread and to seeing your ideas for creating an easier watering system. Many of our growers have back issues they treat with cannabis, and it’s be nice to help those who grow with Octopots find relief from backbreaking work.

If I may give you a tip or two for your next Octopot grow. I read your thread and you had an awesome grow!!!
For your next grow I would recommend two extra items to add to your growing supply.
The first would be a pH tester or kit.
The second would be a ppm meter to see the amount of nutrient solution left in the reservoir.

With these two items your next grow will be even better.
Keep the pH at around 6.5 and follow the nutrient schedule by first adding water to your reservoir and then taking the nutrient reading in your Octopot. Add the required top up. Remember the plant will drink more water than it will use nutrients, so a lot of the nutrient is still in the reservoir.

And if you want taller plants, raise your light to get them to stretch a bit more. That light is super powerful and that is the reason your plants were stunted. The light was too intense and kept them nice and bushy. Let them stretch a bit and your harvest will also increase.

Just a thought!

Thank you so much for the info!!
Both those items you mentioned are definitely a plan for my next grow. The only reason why I didn't this past grow was I was, in a way testing the nutrients I purchased(PH Perfect....)

I may have to revert back to this when the next grow begins for the feeding advice. I never really knew how to feed the Octopots as it is a closed system like you mentioned. :high-five:

Totally agree and figured the light situation out a little late haha will be raised to the max for the next grow in the beginning.

Cheers!:Rasta:

If your nutrients tell you not to pH, you don't pH. If there is a scenario where you need to pH, the nutes will say so right on the bottle. In the Octopot I have used RX Green nutes which tell you not to pH and I am currently using New Millennium which you have to pH.

In Octopots I had one plant that REALLY stretched on me, my very first Octopot grow, a Pineapple Chunk. I was a little worried about it stretching and had to add support late in flower, but that plant also yielded over 12 ounces using cheap Texas Tomato one part nutrients. I think a plant stretched to the max in an Octopot has great potential. I am currently growing some smaller Octopot plants to compare the yields. My most recent one wasn't very impressive at just over 4 ounces.

If your nutrients tell you not to pH, you don't pH. If there is a scenario where you need to pH, the nutes will say so right on the bottle. In the Octopot I have used RX Green nutes which tell you not to pH and I am currently using New Millennium which you have to pH.

In Octopots I had one plant that REALLY stretched on me, my very first Octopot grow, a Pineapple Chunk. I was a little worried about it stretching and had to add support late in flower, but that plant also yielded over 12 ounces using cheap Texas Tomato one part nutrients. I think a plant stretched to the max in an Octopot has great potential. I am currently growing some smaller Octopot plants to compare the yields. My most recent one wasn't very impressive at just over 4 ounces.
Do you find that the humidity domes work well? They provided me with 1 to test a while back I just forgot about it by the time I actually started my grow.. lol
I am going to try their new "grid liner" option this time around and see how it performs compared to the grow sleeve. Just waiting for them to arrive. :goof:

I am going to try their new "grid liner" option this time around and see how it performs compared to the grow sleeve. Just waiting for them to arrive. :goof:

What's the grid liner buddy?? I'll be on Google looking in a second lmao

Do you find that the humidity domes work well? They provided me with 1 to test a while back I just forgot about it by the time I actually started my grow.. lol
The humidity domes seem to be doing the trick, holding the moisture on the surface higher until they get some roots into the res.

@overlord on here tried the grid liner and did not like it at all. I would suggest if you want to stray from the past run, some people are cutting the bottom of 5 gallon buckets out and using them in conjunction with the Octopot base with the nipple and reporting good results. I found this on the Octopot FB group which also came by way of Overlord.

What's the grid liner buddy?? I'll be on Google looking in a second lmao
I have decided against them from a few negative reviews and just going to stick with the regular grow sleeves as they were perfectly fine to begin with.

The humidity domes seem to be doing the trick, holding the moisture on the surface higher until they get some roots into the res.

@overlord on here tried the grid liner and did not like it at all. I would suggest if you want to stray from the past run, some people are cutting the bottom of 5 gallon buckets out and using them in conjunction with the Octopot base with the nipple and reporting good results. I found this on the Octopot FB group which also came by way of Overlord.
Appreciate the reviews, I have decided against the liners.

The Octogrid does provide support, but it is a PITA to wrap the sheet (it is not formed into a pot like the normal octopot) around the wick, insert into the grid, and into the octopot.

I purchased the regular fabric pots and will use a cut off 5 gallon bucket for future attempts. The octogrids were a good idea but need to be simplified, plus they do NOT allow you to lift or transfer the pots from one octopot rez to another. At least not without help and more aggravation.

Back
Top Bottom