The Captain's 1st 420 Grow: Blue Dream & Girlscout Cookies In Soil

Looking great man. We still have to get together for a cup of Java or a barley pop.
Thanx! Hopefully I can get a break from the ole sweatshop soon, it would be great to get out and about.

Captain, I am currently setting up a grow, and although experienced, I have never used a QB before, or LED's for that matter. I have a hlg qb 260 v2 for my 3x3 flower tent. I will be vegging in a 36x20 before moving to flower tent.
In the past I have used light height as a "hardener" of sorts, eventually going as close as possible for maximum blast.
My question is: Would you recommend using the dimmer for the first few weeks after moving to flower? Or go full blast and let "light height adjustments" do what I have done in the past?
Thank you in advance for any comments sir. :Namaste:

Captain, I am currently setting up a grow, and although experienced, I have never used a QB before, or LED's for that matter. I have a hlg qb 260 v2 for my 3x3 flower tent. I will be vegging in a 36x20 before moving to flower tent.
In the past I have used light height as a "hardener" of sorts, eventually going as close as possible for maximum blast.
My question is: Would you recommend using the dimmer for the first few weeks after moving to flower? Or go full blast and let "light height adjustments" do what I have done in the past?
If you have a dimmer I would set it to 50 percent and put it as close as you can to the plants 12-18 inches or until you cant feel heat on the back of your hand. I use QBs and I keep them at the top of my tent because of heat and only turn the power up to 75-80 percent.

I don't dim mine in the bloom tent, because I have them under a 320xl in my 2x4 veg tent. I do dial that one back until seedlings have "true leaves". In the bloom tent, I adjust the height, but if I didn't have my veg tent qb, I would dim.

A week should be more than enough time to let the plants adjust. Every day, add a few more watts, and keep an eye on their reactions. Best of luck to you!

I ran mine at 70-80% right after flip and 18 inches. The plants hardly stretched into it and I left it there for the rest of the grow. It was at about 12”. One of the plants had calcium issues but that plant gave me grief through the whole grow. There is a spot you can turn the dimmer too where you add more power but the lights don’t get that much brighter. It basically isn’t as efficient for those last few watts. That’s how I eye balled it anyway. Was running 4 x qb 132v1 3500ks.

so many options, The QB boards are very friendly in my opinion, I didn't dim mine in my 2.5x2.5 I just raised it up to the top and lowered it gradually from seedling. next round i will dim and try it closer. i think both options will work wonders! Enjoy and good luck :passitleft:

Captain everything is looking great over here brother!! glad your loving the QB's. Did you see the new 320's have 660 nm added? I may grab one to add to the middle
:passitleft::thumb:
Thanx Farmer! I didn't see they changed, but I honestly haven't looked. I have been very pleased with this set up, and the results I'm seeing. If I could change anything, it would be, a bigger room, with a bigger tent, and more 320's! Ha!
:passitleft:

End of Week 5 Flower

Me ladies are doin good! Leaves are yellowing on the underside, with a slight sign of low Calcium. They'll get a lil more Calmag this week. The Blue Dream is starting to get a blue hue to the leaves, with some purple coming through, can't really see it in the pics though. They smell AWESOME!

Group Shot:

Across the Screen:

Mid-week 6 update

Here's a nice Bud Shot for everyone! They are plumping nicely, but the yellowing is spreading fast. The Blue Dream that was throwing nanners, is showing heavy signs of a Phosphorus deficiency. Makes sense, as thick as the colas are. Trichomes are starting to get cloudy, so hopefully she'll pull through for a couple more weeks.

Mid-week 6 update

Here's a nice Bud Shot for everyone! They are plumping nicely, but the yellowing is spreading fast. The Blue Dream that was throwing nanners, is showing heavy signs of a Phosphorus deficiency. Makes sense, as thick as the colas are. Trichomes are starting to get cloudy, so hopefully she'll pull through for a couple more weeks.

Omg Capt.
Beautiful , wish I was hanging with you after my surgery.
I will stay with you until . :peace:

Omg Capt.
Beautiful , wish I was hanging with you after my surgery.
I will stay with you until . :peace:
I hope your recovery is swift, and painless. Best wishes! :passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom