PurpleGunRack's Revenge Grow

I'm setting up my 4x4 flower tent similar to your setup. How do you like the QB132's? What is your overall thoughts on them?

Just picked up some 132's --3500k and 2700k. What temperature do they run? I'm trying to track down the power supply as only the boards are included and then decide how to mount etc.

I'm setting up my 4x4 flower tent similar to your setup. How do you like the QB132's? What is your overall thoughts on them?

Just picked up some 132's --3500k and 2700k. What temperature do they run? I'm trying to track down the power supply as only the boards are included and then decide how to mount etc.

I'm using the 288's with heatsinks and running them @ 135w each, heat is no problem, my fan is broken and running on under 25% and the highest canopy temp I've had was 26°C.

How many boards are you running? HLG have some recommandations for drivers on their site ;)

EDIT: Left the probe from the thermometer on the heatsink by mistake and the highest temp on memory was 40°C :)

first time grower...got a 230w in my 5x5 veg tent will be adding 3 or 4 3500k to that. Have a 5x4 multi room on order will use 4x4 for flower and work towards perpetual harvest. Thinking of using the 6-2700k and 4-3500k. What spectrum would you recommend for mothers or clones?

first time grower...got a 230w in my 5x5 veg tent will be adding 3 or 4 3500k to that. Have a 5x4 multi room on order will use 4x4 for flower and work towards perpetual harvest. Thinking of using the 6-2700k and 4-3500k. What spectrum would you recommend for mothers or clones?

I haven't seen PPFD readings for the 132 so I can't say for sure if it's good enough for flowering, how many did you buy?

Why not get 4000K and/or 5000K for veg?

I don't keep mothers or clones(yet), so which is better I don't know, but clones don't require much light and all of them will work for clones but it's too much light I'd say, something like 18w flouro is fine for clones, heat and moisture is much more important, I think 4000K has a good balance of blue and red.
For mothers more blue might be good for more side shoots to develop, so 5000K might be the better choice here.

Forgot to include these macro shots with the last update...

Bubba's Gift

DSC023958.jpg

Banana Ice Cream

DSC0241011.jpg

Sunset Sherbet

DSC0239911111111.jpg

:passitleft:

Nice display dude. Very nice!

Thanks mate, really amazed by the Bubba's Gift actually being ready for harvest 6 weeks from flip, never seen any plant(not other Bubba's Gifts either under HPS/blurple) do that, maybe I got an especially fast pheno that likes the QB light, totally jumped into flower in front of the other plants. The smell of her stays on my clothes for an hour after a visit in the tent :yummy:
This is definitely a strain I'll develop a long term relationship with ;)

Banana Ice Cream looks amazing!!!

Bought Q132 boards off Amazon four pack special. Still deciding on power supply, probably do individual per board and probably mount power away from the board.

Banana Crack looks good as well, seems like Holy Smoke is a pretty decent breeder :)

Look at the driver options on Horticulture Lighting Groups website under the QB132, getting a single driver for 4 boards is cheaper and you can get a dimmable driver, doesn't look like you can get a dimmable driver suitable for a single board.
You can keep the driver out of the tent/room so you can dim without getting in there.
Keep in mind that most driver need a potentiometer to be dimmable, very wise investment to get dimmable lights.

What CCT (Kelvin temperature) did you get, and how much were they?

Love the 6 week strains. I've got 4 Kushy kush under the same timeline. That way when I clone, I've got 2 weeks between my standard strains and these guys to be able to harvest & trim.

PurpleGunRack; Thanks for the advice hadn't realized there were dimmable options!

QB132 boards on Amazon worked out to $33 each I got 27k/35k as that was all they had in stock. Definitely want to keep them outside the tent if possible. I think folks are using 18g wire on their power supply so will probably pick up an extension cord and splice that unless you have a different option.

PurpleGunRack; Thanks for the advice hadn't realized there were dimmable options!

QB132 boards on Amazon worked out to $33 each I got 27k/35k as that was all they had in stock. Definitely want to keep them outside the tent if possible. I think folks are using 18g wire on their power supply so will probably pick up an extension cord and splice that unless you have a different option.

For AC get a connector like the one in the red circle, and for DC get Wago connectors like the ones in the yellow cirlce.

DSC0205011.jpg

That's one thing that I notice about the cops and strips is that their gauge of wiring is way smaller than the ones used for the drivers..... I guess they are intending the drivers to be used for many other uses, especially ones with higher voltage?

That's one thing that I notice about the cops and strips is that their gauge of wiring is way smaller than the ones used for the drivers..... I guess they are intending the drivers to be used for many other uses, especially ones with higher voltage?

Simply put it's because you take AC (Alternating Current) from the outlet and you use the driver to convert it to DC (Direct Current) which is what the LED's need ;)

Wow - great pics dude - you got me thinking about getting a better camera with a macro lens now. Plants look stunning - FROSTY.

These are taken by a cheap digicam, just cut/zoomed afterwards ;)

Proper macro lenses are +$600... I borrowed a SLR camera but need to figure it out first, auto settings take crap pictures and macro lens is outta of my price range atm.

I'll tag along if you don't mind. Nice quantum boards. Did you build them yourself?

What is a revenge grow?

I'll tag along if you don't mind. Nice quantum boards. Did you build them yourself?

What is a revenge grow?

Welcome aboard :passitleft:

Well, I assembled the kits from HLG myself, but putting the parts together in a variety of ways yourself is just as easy :)

A revenge grow is when you ante up and get better light, grow many strains with relatively short veg time to make up for my previous grow which didn't end very well, was hit by mould, a hermie seeded the bud and I had to harvest early and evacuate half of the plants, so now I want some juicy trichs and terps in the eccoing jars ;)

Sounds like my current main growing style :) short vegg, many plants, fast harvest.

Back
Top Bottom