Blue Dream FFOF Soil Grow

hey scarfinger thnx for stopping by, checking my previous grow and my current, its alot of fun growing and doing the diy and just all around tweeking the way that i grow this grow will hopefully turn into a perpetual hempy grow im really fascinated by that style of growing and wanted to give it a try myself, currently going to turn a long dresser into a clone/mother box i cant wait to get started

Sub'd.

I am going to mention a few things. Not like you have to take my advice. Just suggestions :).

On the LST: You got it started real nice. You could try LST'ing it around the circumference of the container also. Top it at some point and LST the side branches down or any combination that works.

I personally don't like the single HST to a 90° angle. I prefer a 2 step method on larger branches but it takes more time and subjects the plant to more stress but it works for me. I like the pinch, pinch, twist a little and bend. Then in about 2 days I will either move up or down a couple of inches and do it again. Basically making an arch with 2 pivot points.

For cloning which can be done many ways. I prefer a Styrofoam cup with soil and then a clear or mostly clear cup that sits over top of it to make the dome.

example
P10001811.JPG

Looks great. Nice and healthy.

:goodjob:

thnx i really appreciate any and all who are willing to stay tuned and give me pointers even if they are slight, i wasnt a fan of HST, after a couple days i didnt see much of the plant repairing itself as i had hoped, not until i modified it to stay upright did it even start to really show sign of repair and that took almost a week, as far as LST goes i definitely couldve done much more for sure as time went on the 90 degree angle didnt stay 90 degrees so it was like i caused it to grow more than necessary i think, ill have to try you cloning method with the styrofoam and plastic cup if i cant get the aeroponic bubbler put together

im back with another update i have been doing alot of reading here once again and have decided to put together koolkats aero cloner for cloning in the future for now im hoping the clones work out i pulled them out of the medium and only one looked like it had some root growth so heres hoping. aside from the i have 3 girls and one of the plants is very healthy while the other 2 took alot of stress from different things it seem but they are coming back i was going to take pics of all of them but the lights had gone out and i want them to get some rest, but i will be sure to get pics of the other 2 but here are a few pics of some bud production
7-14_1.jpg

7-14_4.jpg

7-14_3.jpg

7-14_2.jpg

let me know what you think keep it green :peace:

thnx scarfinger i cant wait to see some bigger buds tho it seems like the vegging this time went by so fast

actually closet my clones didnt take they started to turn a grey color and werent even showing signs of rooting so i scrapped them and i am starting another see in hopes it will be a future mother for me

here we are at day 18 in flower, i had actually forgot to change the lights when i flipped them and im not sure if that affects the budding process or not who knows in any case here are a few pics for ya
7-18_3.jpg
7-18_6.jpg
7-18_8.jpg
7-18_2.jpg
7-18_4.jpg
7-18_7.jpg
7-18_5.jpg
7-18_1.jpg
new_seedling.jpg

new seedling im hoping will be female so i can turn it into a mother plant to take clones from

new seedling im hoping will be female so i can turn it into a mother plant to take clones from

Reminds me of my first grow when I only had 1 seed sprout out of 5. I grew it out and then took clones from it for my first grow. That took a lot of patience and thank god it turned out female. Had to help that it was feminized :)

:goodjob:

well that seedling is 1 out of 2, i thought they were both immature but this one proved me wrong which im very happy for, i wish it was feminized knowing that it would be female would make the process a little easier i could just start taking clones from the time she would become mature enough but im ok with going through the motions again, keep my basic growing skills sharp and what not become more accustomed to the specific needs of the one plant that will be the cornerstone for my future grows, its actually really exciting to me

i meant to put this on earlier, i ended up putting together an aero cloner, aside from the top have the holes in it everything else is finished i cant wait to use it
aero_cloner_1.jpg
aero_cloner_2.jpg

in action, since i cant take clones yet im not gonna do the top just yet, but im thinking i will get it done within 2 weeks, when i start a diy i go crazy until im finished

i meant to put this on earlier, i ended up putting together an aero cloner, aside from the top have the holes in it everything else is finished i cant wait to use it

in action, since i cant take clones yet im not gonna do the top just yet, but im thinking i will get it done within 2 weeks, when i start a diy i go crazy until im finished

Sweet bro, I know you followed koolkat so are you going to put plastic around the lid to stop leaking?

yea i just ordered the holesaw so once i get that ill make the holes and get some plastic to prevent the leaking, koolkats ways are simple and easy and i really dont want to over complicate things by getting crazy trying to find a better way to prevent the leaking

When you make your cuts with the hole saw... I recommend placing the lid on a piece of wood. This will allow you to get a more secure cut and keep the saw from jumping around as much. If you don't have any wood then just wing it :) that's what I did.

thats a great idea, i have spare wood in my basement thanks i dont think i wouldve done that bcuz i wouldve been think of getting it done as quickly as possible

i hope so closet it doesnt seem like there is any issues so im not too worried about it, it just crossed my mind, i cant wait to get started using the cloner, learning to clone is gonna be awesome im hoping

i hope so closet it doesnt seem like there is any issues so im not too worried about it, it just crossed my mind, i cant wait to get started using the cloner, learning to clone is gonna be awesome im hoping

My experience was frustration, then awesome. Maybe with that cloner you will skip the frustration part :)

Back
Top Bottom