White Widows Grow Under Mars-Hydro TS1000 Using FFOF

I'm looking to chop anywhere from 8-10 weeks. I'm 5 weeks in now. Out of curiosity....does yours throw off a super strong smell when the lights kick off? Mine throw off one of the strongest fragrances right as my lights turn off only.

I have a carbon filter hooked up, and it's doing a pretty decent job at keeping the smell down. So I haven't noticed any increase in their smell after lights out. But they are for sure some stanky ladies when I'm working with them.

Getting hit with a burst of "there's cannabis growing in there ;) " smell at lights-off is not unusual. Especially if the exhaust fan is tied to the light timer and shuts off at the same time.

I thought I saw just a bit of upward leaf curl on the serrated edges of some leaves in recent pictures. What is the high temperature at the top of the plants? It could be a sign that things are running just a wee bit hot. (Is your humidity high?) Is there also a bit of yellowing on the newest leaves? If so, the two things could be indicative of a slight bit of a potassium deficiency. Or (possibly) that plus a little too much nitrogen (does your calcium supplement also include nitrogen?).

On the other hand, I'm nearly blind as a bat, lol, and also have color perception issues - so I might be imagining things and your plants are in perfect health. They certainly don't look "ill," regardless.

By the way, congratulations on getting the new light! I was sort of hoping I'd get to see your plants go all the way to harvest under - only - the TS-1000. However, I do understand that little lights produce (relatively) little bud, and that more lights... Well, you know. My most recent lighting acquisitions are a TS-1000 and a pair of SP-150s, and I'm thinking that I'll really need all three to optimize my tent - but I was also wondering how well the TS-1000 would perform on its own, just in case I end up being able to run only the SP-150s (or those plus one of the other lights I have here) and had the opportunity to stick the TS-1000 by itself somewhere. Or... In case I find myself worrying that I won't be able to pay the electric bill at some point this Winter and start thinking about trying to "just keep alive" some plants with only the one light, I suppose. IDK.

Getting hit with a burst of "there's cannabis growing in there ;) " smell at lights-off is not unusual. Especially if the exhaust fan is tied to the light timer and shuts off at the same time.

I thought I saw just a bit of upward leaf curl on the serrated edges of some leaves in recent pictures. What is the high temperature at the top of the plants? It could be a sign that things are running just a wee bit hot. (Is your humidity high?) Is there also a bit of yellowing on the newest leaves? If so, the two things could be indicative of a slight bit of a potassium deficiency. Or (possibly) that plus a little too much nitrogen (does your calcium supplement also include nitrogen?).

On the other hand, I'm nearly blind as a bat, lol, and also have color perception issues - so I might be imagining things and your plants are in perfect health. They certainly don't look "ill," regardless.

By the way, congratulations on getting the new light! I was sort of hoping I'd get to see your plants go all the way to harvest under - only - the TS-1000. However, I do understand that little lights produce (relatively) little bud, and that more lights... Well, you know. My most recent lighting acquisitions are a TS-1000 and a pair of SP-150s, and I'm thinking that I'll really need all three to optimize my tent - but I was also wondering how well the TS-1000 would perform on its own, just in case I end up being able to run only the SP-150s (or those plus one of the other lights I have here) and had the opportunity to stick the TS-1000 by itself somewhere. Or... In case I find myself worrying that I won't be able to pay the electric bill at some point this Winter and start thinking about trying to "just keep alive" some plants with only the one light, I suppose. IDK.
My temps in flower never hit over 80f. I usually am at 75-77. I use an air conditioner for control plus a ton of fans. My humidity stays around 40-50% so I don't really do much to change those numbers. The yellowing you see is more of my phones flash creating a brighter tone on the leaves. I think it's from.the white lighting the new mars hydro lights provide plus my.phones flash. I also think if I kept the 2 under the 1000 the harvest would have been fine as they are right around that 2x2 range the 1000 covers. I also stay w suggested height on the lights too. What is your grow space ? I don't use any filters in my grow....luckily that's one problem I don't need to worry about but forget others do use them and don't smell anything.

It'll most likely be a 10.5625 square foot grow tent this time. Like 39" x 39", IIRC.

It'll most likely be a 10.5625 square foot grow tent this time. Like 39" x 39", IIRC.
I recently just bought a 3x3 that I have running in the sponsor grow I have going. It's my first time ever using one. Prior to that I was vegging and flowering in different closets. Which were working awesome until my better half asked to have a closet back. I'm currently building bigger spaces in my attic but being it's only me working on them the pace is very slow. Anyways, in the 3x3 I'm vegging 4 plants and I'm lighting it with the Ts1000 and a Viparspectra 300. To be honest the 1000 could do it alone but I run the 300 for added light. To be completely honest....I've personally never seen plants grow as fast as they are in the tent. So I don't see why you couldn't run one light and keep a mother or two through the winter.

Harvested a couple days ago. Trichomes were all milky. Very heavy frost on her. Uplifting high. Great for the day. 10.7 ounces dry.
IMG_20191003_121027.jpg
IMG_20191003_121010.jpg
IMG_20191003_121007.jpg
IMG_20191003_120953.jpg
IMG_20191003_120944.jpg

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom