ChillAH's 1st BB X White Widow & Royal Queen Critical Grow

Wuts up 420,

Today is week 5 (day 35) of my ladies in their flower. The odor between the two is really distinctive now, the haze has a much more potent smell, thank God my carbon filter is working and doing the job, no smell outside of the tent. I had some friends even come by to test and see if they could smell anything. Some time last week I had began to notice both girls getting spots, and older leaves beginning to yellow and then eventually die off. Not sure what the problem is hoping someone on here can help me out, give me some tips. I dont want to F up my final yield off a nute deficiency. I have been following the Fox farms schedule but for Roya I have to up the nutes a bit, bc she is a pretty big girl and consumes it much more quicker.

Also wanted some tips on how to approach the flush, Roya is said to be ready for harvest at 6-8 weeks, i looked through the magnifying glass and trichomes are clear and milky, i def don't want them to get amber, but I am not sure when to flush her or even if a flush is necessary, because i read the harsh taste can be removed during the cure. i was thinking one more week of nutes and then after a week of a flush and then chop her down. I was also thinking of only chopping down the higher up buds and letting the lower buds go for another week or 2 to fatten up a bit more, many different methods but not sure what to follow at the moment. This will be my first harvest. I am trying to take a break from cannabis a bit to try and a find a better job, so i want to have a clean system but damn if my job isn't stressful at times and it helps A LOT to come home and just vape the stress away lol. Anyway on to the pics, hopefully someone can help me with the deficiencies cause I am not sure what it is. I think it has stopped too, but i'm not 100% sure.

IMG_33676.jpg
IMG_33665.jpg
IMG_33635.jpg
IMG_33647.jpg
IMG_33625.jpg
IMG_33655.jpg

Wuts Up 420,

Sorry couldn't post these pics sooner, had to go to work. I think the problem definitely slowed but still ongoing, i am not sure what she needs to fix herself. Leaves continue to fade and then eventually go yellow, I am thinking potassium deficiency or either Nitrogen, only problem neither explains the spots fully. Hoping someone on here can help.

Also to add insult to injury after I examined Roya this morning and it finally clicked that her top cola's are f'n fatter than I realize, a pipe from my tent falls on her when I was doing something else and split the the main stem down the middle about an inch and a half. I yelled out the loudest "FUCK" ever lol. I scotched taped and duct taped her up, i'm hoping she bounces back, but I know she is focused on flowering so I am not sure what she will handle this F up on my part. The crystals on the colas are looking nice and seem to be getting more and frosty, again her odor is fairly low which I like.

I think I am going to get my dry box together and place my order for my c-vault (X Large for curing). Roya should be wrapping it up within the next 2-3 weeks, don't want to get caught unprepared.

Anyway here are the pics, Sil-Via seems to be having the most problems and all pics of the super silver haze. Roya is a trooper and i swear the strain is pretty idiot proof lol.

IMG_33684.jpg
IMG_33694.jpg
IMG_33704.jpg
IMG_33735.jpg
IMG_33727.jpg
IMG_33712.jpg

Hey ChillAH,
take my advice with a grain of salt as I'm very new to this game. However my 2c, (just coz no one else has piped up yet) is that you may have one or more deficiencies there and if the girls are showing no signs of nute OVERDOSE you might try bumping up the base just a tiny bit. But I would hit a more experienced grower up on this directly to confirm..
Nuggs are looking frosty. Yumm!

-J.

Hey ChillAH,
take my advice with a grain of salt as I'm very new to this game. However my 2c, (just coz no one else has piped up yet) is that you may have one or more deficiencies there and if the girls are showing no signs of nute OVERDOSE you might try bumping up the base just a tiny bit. But I would hit a more experienced grower up on this directly to confirm..
Nuggs are looking frosty. Yumm!

-J.

Thanks Jess, I was thinking it might be a lack of nutes as well. I didn't adjust strength for her as she continued to grow and flower.

I was thinking of upping the dose but if it isn't a lack of nutes i could overdose. I was thinking to start with a flush (cannabis' reset button) and then go with nutes, but not sure if to do this cause of the plant going through flower now.

Onthe other hand my critical mass is getting heavier and leaning to the side some more lol. I need to find a very long stick to add support.

Nutrients are not removed from the buds by curing and will leave the buds hard to burn due to crackling and popping, terrible tasting, be very harsh to smoke and otherwise spoil your harvest, I would harvest flush your cannabis plants. Can you please take some close up photographs of the spotting damage on your leaves to help identify the cause of the deficiencies?

Nutrients are not removed from the buds by curing and will leave the buds hard to burn due to crackling and popping, terrible tasting, be very harsh to smoke and otherwise spoil your harvest, I would harvest flush your cannabis plants. Can you please take some close up photographs of the spotting damage on your leaves to help identify the cause of the deficiencies?

You're in safe hands here, ChillAH.

KingJohnC, are you saying that ChillAH's girls are too late in flower to keep nuting and still have time to flush? How long is the flush period meant to be?

Peace.

-J.

Thx John,

Wasn't sure about the flush but good to know. The critical mass probably still has some time to go (1-2 weeks) a lot of white hairs still, and trichomes are cloudy. Critical Mass makes 6 weeks this Saturday so i think i have time to still hit her with a flush. The super Silver haze according to the seed breeder has another 4-5 weeks so I know I am still good on the flush.

Now on to the pics of the critical super silver haze taken today:
IMG_34426.jpg
IMG_34414.jpg
IMG_34434.jpg
IMG_34454.jpg
IMG_34483.jpg
IMG_34464.jpg
IMG_34473.jpg

KingJohnC, are you saying that ChillAH's girls are too late in flower to keep nuting and still have time to flush? How long is the flush period meant to be?

Peace.

-J.

I am starting to think it is a Nitrogen issue, and because I know i did not adjust the nutes for her as she grew.

I agree Jess, I was hoping he would show up soon actually or even Stealthgrow, Antics. These guys have been real helpful with the grow. Polo has been helpful too and always gives a helping tip on something to try to fix the issue.

Happy New Years 420! :cheer::partyboy::allgood:

Couldn't only talk about one plant, had to give my Critical Mass some love. She has been doing pretty good even after the accident that split the stem. Im sure it took away some of her energy but she seems to be packing on weight in the buds. More of the buds are starting to lean lol. Leaves keep falling off but its about 4 leaves every 2-3 I read on other posts its a good things and not to worry.

Anyway on to the pics:
IMG_34512.JPG
IMG_34502.JPG
IMG_3449.JPG

Peace.

-J.

No, what I am relaying is the importance of properly harvest flushing your cannabis plants. Depending on the medium and nutrient source a harvest flush may last Aeroponic/Hydroponic 5-7 days, Soiless with synthetic nutrients 7-10 days, Soil with organic nutrients 10-14 days.

Here is a recipe for a home made Clearex Flushing Solution

I mixed up the Clearex Flushing Solution suggested by Goldengoose7

in a large pot I combined:
1 gallon of distilled water
240 grams of Dextrose (Used for Beer Making)
120 grams of Sucrose (White Table Sugar)
3 grams Sodium Benzoate (as a preservative)
10 drops of Green Food Coloring

the Clearex Flushing Solution was allowed to cool and returned to the 1 gallon container.

I will use 15 milliliters per gallon of this Clearex Flushing Solution during my final flushing.

Dextrose

Clearex_Flushing_Solution_-_001.JPG

Sucrose

Clearex_Flushing_Solution_-_002.JPG

Sodium Benzoate

Clearex_Flushing_Solution_-_003.JPG

the final Clearex Flushing Solution

Clearex_Flushing_Solution_-_004.JPG

Looking rad, ChillAH. Can't wait for the smoke report, I've got a Biodiesel Mass going at the moment.

No, what I am relaying is the importance of properly harvest flushing your cannabis plants. Depending on the medium and nutrient source a harvest flush may last Aeroponic/Hydroponic 5-7 days, Soiless with synthetic nutrients 7-10 days, Soil with organic nutrients 10-14 days.

the Clearex Flushing Solution was allowed to cool and returned to the 1 gallon container.

I will use 15 milliliters per gallon of this Clearex Flushing Solution during my final flushing.

Dextrose

Sucrose

Sodium Benzoate

Great info, thanks KJC. I had 2 weeks in my head so that should work for my soil + organics set up. I'd also rather go longer rather than a shorter flush..

I'm in my last month(going by breeder info) on my Auto Purple so I'll start getting the ingredients together to make up the flush.
Question, what role does the green food colouring play? For a purple strain, would/ could you use purple colour instead?

Cheers guys.

-J.

I use the green coloring dye only to distinguish the home made Clearex Flushing Solution from other nutrients. I would not advise adding enough food coloring to impart to the buds as I believe the buds would also be non smokable at those levels.

Dextrose

Sucrose

Sodium Benzoate

Your leaf damage appears to be from low nitrogen in flowering.

Thx John. You and Polo agree it must be nitrogen. I gave the haze some Grow Big since it has higher Nitrogen levels, hoping that should help a bit. I will monitor to see how that helps her. Also your other advice on the flush merits looking into. I don't I have enough time to get those ingredients together for the critical mass but I will just use water since today marks the 6 week mark. According to the breeder it should finish up btwn now and 8 wks. My one question to you and others is I am watching the trichomes on various buds, they are cloudy/milky some still clear but the hairs on the plant are still pretty white. I know a better judge of when the bud is ready is by trichomes but finished pics i see of the strain all have amber hairs nothing white, do I still give her more time to allow the hairs to get darker, or will it darken during the drying/curing phase? Thx in advance fellow toker KJC. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom