Blue Dream FFOF Soil Grow

yea scar, every experience becomes a tool in the future, im currently checking to see if a 10/14 light cycle for flowering will help the budding along at a faster, i read it in a different forum and i didnt see any harm in trying it out

I haven't tried it yet. But I did recently read that towards the end of flowering if you go down to 8 hours it increases trichome production.

yea Blue Dream is pretty good my last batch i had put me on my ass right on the couch, shit was crazy

Oh yeah! That's what I want to hear :)

Hmm when u say end do u mean last few weeks or do u mean last few days im just curious im over the halfway mark in my flowering period

Hmm when u say end do u mean last few weeks or do u mean last few days im just curious im over the halfway mark in my flowering period

Good question.

I have never done this but if I was... I would do 8 hours of light the last 2 weeks. Is this correct? I can't say for sure. My reasoning is that you will be flushing last 14 days (well, I do) so the plant will start running out of nuts combined with less light will let it know that it's cycle is almost over and it better pump out all the trichomes it can :)

I would suggest doing a little more research before actually trying it.

:goodluck:

Good question.

I have never done this but if I was... I would do 8 hours of light the last 2 weeks. Is this correct? I can't say for sure. My reasoning is that you will be flushing last 14 days (well, I do) so the plant will start running out of nuts combined with less light will let it know that it's cycle is almost over and it better pump out all the trichomes it can :)

I would suggest doing a little more research before actually trying it.

:goodluck:

yea i think i will look into it more and see what others are saying about it

Theres the diminishing light schedule mimicking fall. I would have to say that going from 12/12 to 10/14 should give your girls a kick in the ass to through down some more resin and push them harder to finish sooner? Im lazy and havent tried it true just will change when in the mood. Im at 11/13 in flower and was heading towards 10/14. theres people who run 10/14 only. I also am running GLR hours in veg on clones and young seedling, maybe I will try the diminishing for next round on the clones.Heres something talking about those 2 schedules

The Gas Lantern Routine

This information will seem quite revolutionary to growers who have been using the standard cycles to produce cannabis, seemingly with little or no trouble at all. Actually, in a grow that more closely mimics the outdoor growing environment under indoor lighting conditions, the plants may be maintained in vegetative cycle using only a total of 13 hours of light daily, which dramatically reduces the cost of production.

The less is more approach of the Gas Lantern Routine provides the growing plant with adequate darkness to promote health, and by inserting a full hour of light in the center of the dark period, the plants are tricked, and neither flower nor express hermaphrodites. The growing plants get more than the average amount of rest, thus reducing stress, and improving plant yield, overall performance, and medicinal quality.

Seedlings and Cuttings

The Gas Lantern Routine is applicable in seedling phases of plant growth. As stated before, nowhere in nature does the springtime ever provide an 18-hour photosynthesis length; rather, the growing spring light may in fact be 12 hours or less. Lighting for seedlings and cuttings needs to be bright, but compact fluorescent or T5 lighting may be used while in the seedling phase. Rooted mature cuttings can immediately light with HID lighting.

The Vegetative Schedule

This method is quite simple: 12 hours of light, followed by five and one half hours of darkness, a single hour of light exactly, and then a second period of five and one half hours of darkness. Placing a full hour of light in the very center of a 12-hour dark period tricks the plant and interrupts the buildup up of sensitive floral hormones, which would normally trigger flowering by destroying them. The grower simply raises the plants to the desired size before switching to the fall schedule to bloom.

Using this method, vegetative duration may be also reduced, and with a shorter growth cycle comes more frequent and better production. Vegetative cycles can be shortened by one to two weeks, and flowering may also be shortened a week or more using this method in con- junction with a diminishing light schedule.

For patients growing their own medicine or for compassionate cannabis providers, production turnover may be increased from four to five crops per year or more using rotation, and power consumption can be reduced even further by the use of high-intensity fluorescent lighting during vegetation, and overall, power consumption savings can be 50 percent or more.

The Flowering Schedule

Plants that have been grown up using the Gas Lantern Routine are now supercharged with floral hormones, and ready to go into flower with the slightest provocation. The interruption of the dark period has been destroying enough of the naturally building hormones to keep the plant from expressing sex, and the well-rested plant now has plenty of stored nutrients and energy to finish its life cycle and flower. Triggering the plants is essentially just a matter of removing the interrupting light period, so the plants may now experience the full buildup of hormones that will trigger blooming.

In keeping with providing all the correct organic biological and environmental needs of the plant, the diminishing fall schedule should be employed to take full advantage of the hormonal preparation created by using the Gas Lantern Routine. The diminishing hours of light in nature trigger acceleration in the production of hormones in the plant, making it flower with increasing speed and power.

The Diminishing Lighting Schedule

The diminishing fall schedule begins with an evenly halved light schedule, using 12 hours for the first two weeks to trigger the plant into bloom, and then further reducing the lighting for increasing darkness time by one half hour every week.

The final week of flowering will provide the plants with a mere nine hours of light, with 15 hours of darkness, forcing a resulting final explosive hormonal buildup. This sends the plant into blooming overdrive and produces resin far beyond the normal plant’s limits.
When the Gas Lantern Routine and Diminishing Light Schedule are used together, they create healthier, more naturally robust plants. These important and historical botanical techniques are soon going to become very important techniques in the coming years as medicinal cannabis research continues to advance. When viewed from cost of production, organics, and medicinal needs, the methods currently being promoted can be seen counter to the interests of growing healthy plants. Understanding your plants is the best way to grow the best medicine, and looking for solutions to growing problems by observing nature always provides the right answers.

Pro:

Saves electricity (11hrs of saving from 24/0, 5hrs of saving from 18/6)
Promote healthy plants. Any deficiency it has the plant will be able to bounce back with new growth after adjustment is made
Promote plants growth, 2x more than 18/6, and 3-4x more from 24/0
Cuttings will root much faster with thicker roots and more hairs
Clones under bloom (12/12) will induce flowering much sooner
Less on hours = less heat = stealth

Con:

Must have good ventilation if the tent is closed or the tent has to be left open for the 1hr on between the dark cycle.
Must have good odor control. Healthy plants produce more aroma even in veg.
Plants in small container may get root bound due to rapid growth

Some tips using GLR (theory):

Have the light on a timer so the on/off is consistent daily. Manual on/off may induce flowering.
Use mix light or MH. Try not to use just HPS. The spectrum from HPS may induce flowering even with the 1 hour on between the dark cycle.
For the 1 hour on use a cheap light source like Fluorescent light or CFL instead of using HID light. Have it on a separate timer only turn on 1hr between the dark cycle and have the HID light set at 12/12. Normally with any other light cycle the ballast is turned on once in 24hrs, with GLR it turned on twice. This may shorten the lifespan of the ballast and bulb. If you decided to run Fluo/CFL then make sure the tent is well lid any shaded area or area left in the dark may induce flowering. The 1 hour on between dark cycle help destroy floral hormone, lack of light will not be able to destroy the hormone and will send your plants in bloom.
Good Weed Frosty:peace:

alright im back with another update we are at day 46 into flowering and im thinking my box is getting too hot and slowing down bud growth because they seem small for day 46 here are some picss
8-15_1.jpg

8-15_2.jpg

8-15_3.jpg

8-15_4.jpg

8-15_5.jpg

i dont really know they just seem small to me not including the one that had the calcium deficiency

82° doesn't seem that hot. Maybe it is a sativa thing? I never have grown a sativa dominant plant before. Hmm.

She will probably be more like a 70 day finisher. I bet she hits a second growth spurt soon.

I just picked up some of Humboldt Seed Organisation - Blue Dream. Eager to see how your blue dream turns out :)

Keep up the good work! +Reps

i looked up your Blue Dream on leafly.com and en.seedfinder.eu to see its effects and growth characteristics, it seems it may mature from 56-70 days depending on what breeder you received your seeds from. what is the name of the breeder who you received your seeds from?

Blue Dream Cannabis Strain Information

Blue Dream (by Mystic Seeds) :: SeedFinder :: Strain Info

Blue Dream (by Humboldt Seed Organisation) :: SeedFinder :: Strain Info

Blue Dream (by Riot Seeds) :: SeedFinder :: Strain Info
i recieved my seeds from a friend not a breeder so im not certain about any of its origin i was told it was blue dream and i went with that

82° doesn't seem that hot. Maybe it is a sativa thing? I never have grown a sativa dominant plant before. Hmm.

She will probably be more like a 70 day finisher. I bet she hits a second growth spurt soon.

I just picked up some of Humboldt Seed Organisation - Blue Dream. Eager to see how your blue dream turns out :)

Keep up the good work! +Reps

the temps at its hottest was 90 degrees so but that was during a major heatwave and there was literally no cool air in the house at all but now it sits at around 82 so im hoping the second growth spurt will come if they are still small i will let it go a little longer and see if that helps them swell up a bit thanx for the reps scar i cant wait till these girls are done as well

Theres the diminishing light schedule mimicking fall. I would have to say that going from 12/12 to 10/14 should give your girls a kick in the ass to through down some more resin and push them harder to finish sooner? Im lazy and havent tried it true just will change when in the mood. Im at 11/13 in flower and was heading towards 10/14. theres people who run 10/14 only. I also am running GLR hours in veg on clones and young seedling, maybe I will try the diminishing for next round on the clones.Heres something talking about those 2 schedules

The Gas Lantern Routine

This information will seem quite revolutionary to growers who have been using the standard cycles to produce cannabis, seemingly with little or no trouble at all. Actually, in a grow that more closely mimics the outdoor growing environment under indoor lighting conditions, the plants may be maintained in vegetative cycle using only a total of 13 hours of light daily, which dramatically reduces the cost of production.

The less is more approach of the Gas Lantern Routine provides the growing plant with adequate darkness to promote health, and by inserting a full hour of light in the center of the dark period, the plants are tricked, and neither flower nor express hermaphrodites. The growing plants get more than the average amount of rest, thus reducing stress, and improving plant yield, overall performance, and medicinal quality.

Seedlings and Cuttings

The Gas Lantern Routine is applicable in seedling phases of plant growth. As stated before, nowhere in nature does the springtime ever provide an 18-hour photosynthesis length; rather, the growing spring light may in fact be 12 hours or less. Lighting for seedlings and cuttings needs to be bright, but compact fluorescent or T5 lighting may be used while in the seedling phase. Rooted mature cuttings can immediately light with HID lighting.

The Vegetative Schedule

This method is quite simple: 12 hours of light, followed by five and one half hours of darkness, a single hour of light exactly, and then a second period of five and one half hours of darkness. Placing a full hour of light in the very center of a 12-hour dark period tricks the plant and interrupts the buildup up of sensitive floral hormones, which would normally trigger flowering by destroying them. The grower simply raises the plants to the desired size before switching to the fall schedule to bloom.

Using this method, vegetative duration may be also reduced, and with a shorter growth cycle comes more frequent and better production. Vegetative cycles can be shortened by one to two weeks, and flowering may also be shortened a week or more using this method in con- junction with a diminishing light schedule.

For patients growing their own medicine or for compassionate cannabis providers, production turnover may be increased from four to five crops per year or more using rotation, and power consumption can be reduced even further by the use of high-intensity fluorescent lighting during vegetation, and overall, power consumption savings can be 50 percent or more.

The Flowering Schedule

Plants that have been grown up using the Gas Lantern Routine are now supercharged with floral hormones, and ready to go into flower with the slightest provocation. The interruption of the dark period has been destroying enough of the naturally building hormones to keep the plant from expressing sex, and the well-rested plant now has plenty of stored nutrients and energy to finish its life cycle and flower. Triggering the plants is essentially just a matter of removing the interrupting light period, so the plants may now experience the full buildup of hormones that will trigger blooming.

In keeping with providing all the correct organic biological and environmental needs of the plant, the diminishing fall schedule should be employed to take full advantage of the hormonal preparation created by using the Gas Lantern Routine. The diminishing hours of light in nature trigger acceleration in the production of hormones in the plant, making it flower with increasing speed and power.

The Diminishing Lighting Schedule

The diminishing fall schedule begins with an evenly halved light schedule, using 12 hours for the first two weeks to trigger the plant into bloom, and then further reducing the lighting for increasing darkness time by one half hour every week.

The final week of flowering will provide the plants with a mere nine hours of light, with 15 hours of darkness, forcing a resulting final explosive hormonal buildup. This sends the plant into blooming overdrive and produces resin far beyond the normal plant’s limits.
When the Gas Lantern Routine and Diminishing Light Schedule are used together, they create healthier, more naturally robust plants. These important and historical botanical techniques are soon going to become very important techniques in the coming years as medicinal cannabis research continues to advance. When viewed from cost of production, organics, and medicinal needs, the methods currently being promoted can be seen counter to the interests of growing healthy plants. Understanding your plants is the best way to grow the best medicine, and looking for solutions to growing problems by observing nature always provides the right answers.

Pro:

Saves electricity (11hrs of saving from 24/0, 5hrs of saving from 18/6)
Promote healthy plants. Any deficiency it has the plant will be able to bounce back with new growth after adjustment is made
Promote plants growth, 2x more than 18/6, and 3-4x more from 24/0
Cuttings will root much faster with thicker roots and more hairs
Clones under bloom (12/12) will induce flowering much sooner
Less on hours = less heat = stealth

Con:

Must have good ventilation if the tent is closed or the tent has to be left open for the 1hr on between the dark cycle.
Must have good odor control. Healthy plants produce more aroma even in veg.
Plants in small container may get root bound due to rapid growth

Some tips using GLR (theory):

Have the light on a timer so the on/off is consistent daily. Manual on/off may induce flowering.
Use mix light or MH. Try not to use just HPS. The spectrum from HPS may induce flowering even with the 1 hour on between the dark cycle.
For the 1 hour on use a cheap light source like Fluorescent light or CFL instead of using HID light. Have it on a separate timer only turn on 1hr between the dark cycle and have the HID light set at 12/12. Normally with any other light cycle the ballast is turned on once in 24hrs, with GLR it turned on twice. This may shorten the lifespan of the ballast and bulb. If you decided to run Fluo/CFL then make sure the tent is well lid any shaded area or area left in the dark may induce flowering. The 1 hour on between dark cycle help destroy floral hormone, lack of light will not be able to destroy the hormone and will send your plants in bloom.
Good Weed Frosty:peace:

closet at this point in time i wish i could give this method a shot but i dont have the right timers and what not perhaps in the future i will give it a go, any type of growing style that offers rapid and increased growth works for me

also i topped my seedling today it measured out to 9 inches tall and i figured it was tall enough to top when it has recovered a bit i will take a cutting to find out its sex, *fingers crossed* hoping for female but time will tell

+REPS ON THOSE FINE LOOKING THINGS:thumb:

im sorry its been a little while since i have posted anything here its just been crazy here for me but none the less im here with another update for eveyones enjoyment
+REPS ON THOSE FINE LOOKING THINGS:thumb:

thnx much BAR

:bump: Send pictures. Only 14 more days or so? until harvest?

im thinking im gonna keep it going a little longer because the heat was a bit high and i think the growth was stunted a bit but here are a few pics of the ladies and vegging plant
8-26_1.jpg

8-26_3.jpg

8-26_4.jpg

8-26_5.jpg

8-26_6.jpg

8-26_7.jpg

8-26_2.jpg

let me know what you all think

sorry i didnt respond blazin im not sure about fim'ing or not i think im gonna just lst for now and just try fim'ing the next time......@ hank when you say on the dry side are you referring to it being underwatered and then doing the super crop and then water after that?

FIM'ing is ok. I pinch of the new growth between the 2 new fan leaves and try to get low enough so it is a topping. If I happen not to get low enough, then it is a FIM :)

I am deferring to just topping on my new grow. I like the fact that you know you are going to get 2 more tops each time you do it. FIM'ing you are attempting to take less than a top to potentially get more than 2 tops... maybe 3? Seen 3 before....maybe 4? Can't say I have seen 4 from a FIM job.

What ever workings for you. :thumb:

im back with a little update and on pic but before that @ hank and closet thnx for your input but unfortunately i dont have a place for any males to try to collect the pollen, although i wish i did sometimes so i wouldnt have to rely on anyone else for seeds lol oh well i guess however aside from that i removed another male this morning so that makes 3 out of 7 that were definitely male and one that just wasnt coming back from the stress i put on it, but the good news is it looks like i have 3 girls 2 look decent but the other still needs some more time to come back from the stress but she is coming back slowly but surely, which im very happy about i must say i thought i was gonna have to get rid of her too, but the main point of this particular update is to say that i took some clones off my healthy girl, last night i took 2 just to see if i would be able to successfully clone and let me tell you, they were wilting their stems were getting soft i didnt know what to do and i thought they were just gonna die before the night was over however, this morning i got up and looked and they were perked right up their stems stiffened up like before and they seem like they are doing well i cant wait to see if they do root, if they doo im turning 2 into mother plants and the rest will be for the next harvest
20130711_193204.jpg

im not using a dome or anything i spray them a few times through out the night until i got to sleep and then give them a nice spray in the morning or if i wake up in the middle of the night and it seems to be enough, in the future i will make a DIY aeroponics bubbler for cloning but for now this is the route im taking let me know what you think as always any constructive criticism is always welcome :peace:

What are you using? A popsicle tray maker?

also i topped my seedling today it measured out to 9 inches tall and i figured it was tall enough to top when it has recovered a bit i will take a cutting to find out its sex, *fingers crossed* hoping for female but time will tell

I generally grow a seed out to the 6th node and then top just above the 4th node. It gives you 2 lower nodes to take clones from or just trim off at day 21 if you so deem. I am not positive when to start topping after that. I gave them a few days and topped the top two branches when they where about a inch tall. So far so good.

What are you using? A popsicle tray maker?

yea i saw someone else using this method its a ice tray for water bottles and was a cheap method when my aeroponic sprayer wasnt complete

hey :420: and friends another update here i chopped down one of my other plants a couple days ago she wasnt swelling and she was just taking up space in the grow box, i dont anticipate getting much from her maybe 14g at most, and i also chopped down the plant i was going to use for clones, turns out it was a male so that was shitty but what are ya gonna do, in any case the other girls are still spitting out white pistils so im letting the go longer the temps outside are getting cooler so the grow box isnt as hot, so im gonna give them a little longer, a week or 2 max, then they are coming down, here are a few pics
20130909_144429.jpg

hope you like my prop there that branch comes out really far and is hanging low so im just propping it up like that for the time being
20130909_144422.jpg

this is my bigger girl she is looking pretty good at around 40 inches
20130909_144406.jpg
20130909_144359.jpg
20130909_144351.jpg
20130909_144345.jpg
20130909_144337.jpg

this is the branch that was hanging
20130909_144328.jpg

20130909_144322.jpg

as always let me know what you guys think

Back