Life In The Day Of A Coco Grower

HigherTheHigh

Hello :420:

So it's been quite a while since I last grew in coco and I have to say I have really missed it, I tried soil up until last month and I really didn't take to it, my yield dropped and so did my confidence in the whole grow scene too so I will currently have this setup and my hydro setup which is currently in flower as I write this, I intend to alter my garden grows so hydro then coco and back and fourth ect.

First things first, I have grown countless amounts of times in coco and I have learnt a great deal from my own mistakes and had great help from some king coco members on here, I am not the best grower on the world but I do have a plan for this journal.

Heres my plan, I am going to try my best and prove you can get big yields from small places using a 2x4 tent and eventually there will be a Mars Hydro SP250 being used, the benefit of the light and tent is that it's a basic setup that most can afford, I have gone from using a 1x1m to a 4x4 then a 4x8 tent and I can honestly say that if I can perfect a perfect grow in a 2x4 space and pull max yields then I may go back to using bigger tents but for now I'm just not fully good enough for those big ones yet.

I'm starting back with Cheese from Seedsman, I got them free and I'm so glad I did because it's a strain I have never grown and it's genetics background is great being the Original Skunk #1 Pheno so, the plant height states up to 3m so quite a tall strain but what I'm wondering is would this make it a fast growing strain on veg?

The strain also states 4-500g sqm so not a big yielding strain but I do plan on trying to aim for around 500g in this space, I know it's quite a big number but I can but try and get somewhere close.

I'm using Canna Coco Professional Plus mixed with Perlite, I mixed 10L of perlite to 30L of coco so a high % perlite mix, I'm using 12L fabric pots so great for the roots especially for wanting high yields, I plan to water multiple times per day come flower and I plan to use a dropped ring of sorts but there won't be a timer I will place a webcam inside the tent and pump the water in until I can see run off and this way I don't need to open the door which could let smells out, temp spikes or humidity spikes so at least this way I can semi control everything from the outside.

I'm running the full Remo Supercharge nutrient kit with no added extras, there a sponsor on the page but I don't see many people using them or in just not looking hard enough but it will be nice to see the outcome.

At the moment there currently under a 4 bar T5 setup which pulls around 96w I will use this until around the 4-5th node then swap to another light which at this moment I'm unclear of which next veg light im adding so if anyone has ideas on a light just for veg that will cover a good 1x1m space then for flower I will be using a Mars Hydro SP250.

Where to start with training, do I top, do I lst, I'm really not sure but I'm open to tips, each plant will have a 60x40cm canopy so space is limited, I have 50x50mm scrog screen mesh so at least i can get good equal in line buds (that's just wishful thinking).

So right now they have just been put into there final 12L pots in there coco mix, I watered them with a drop of Calcium that also contains a little Nitrogen, it was watered down below average so nothing to major on there first real feeding but I don't plan to feed them anything properly for at least 2-3 weeks.

If anyone has any info on this strain Cheese from Seedsman it would be great to see, also what your yields were just so I can see if it's worth taking a clone from them.

Pheno so, the plant height states up to 3m so quite a tall strain but what I'm wondering is would this make it a fast growing strain on veg?

Not so much in veg, but they really take off during the stretch, and then slow down but keep reaching for the light.

It is possible to grow a lb in a 2' X 4' tent. I harvested 15.7 oz from my last grow in a 7' tall tent. You'll need the right strain, and a good light. Mine started under a Mars Hydro TSL-2000, and flowered under my DIY COB. I had a Candida, and Cream & Cheese in the tent. Two Cream & Cheese would have broken the lb barrier. I had 5-1/2 feet between the light and the coco/perlite. The Cream & Cheese grew up into the light.

Sweet! I've got a Seedsman Cheese a few days into 12/12 in coco right now! My hands smelly like cheese after scrogging her so there's that! I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter. Stop by my current journal if you want to check her out.
I just smoked a big bowl so I forget the exact number :Rasta:, it might be in one of my journals but I had around 350 grams out of my 2x4 which I figured was pretty good.

Nice, I went through seedsman and got barneysfarms pink kush, gorilla zkittles, and orange sherbert I have a purple bubba kush too I grew before growing I have a bunch of pics of evrything on insta if you are on it? Different name though cannabisconcentration

Attachments

• 20180321_163123.jpg
    20180321_163123.jpg
    366.9 KB · Views: 214
Hello everyone and thanks for following along!

Not so much in veg, but they really take off during the stretch, and then slow down but keep reaching for the light.

It is possible to grow a lb in a 2' X 4' tent. I harvested 15.7 oz from my last grow in a 7' tall tent. You'll need the right strain, and a good light. Mine started under a Mars Hydro TSL-2000, and flowered under my DIY COB. I had a Candida, and Cream & Cheese in the tent. Two Cream & Cheese would have broken the lb barrier. I had 5-1/2 feet between the light and the coco/perlite. The Cream & Cheese grew up into the light.

That is Great to know for the flower stretch buddy that was another question lol those strains sound like tryers although I would like to stay within 9 weeks of flower, yeah I was looking at those TSL 2000's but thought I'd go for the 250 then buy a timber cob led.

Never done coco but good luck for sure. I am trying a big room for the first time with remo nutrients Soil for sure in an 8x8x8. I have done a couple small ones and a.4x6 so as big as I could go I did. 2520watts led
Hooe you master your space and the remo works well for you

That grow space your using would create huge yields with coco if you ever wanted to try, I did try soil for a bit but nothing beats coco lol good luck with your Remo test too.

Sweet! I've got a Seedsman Cheese a few days into 12/12 in coco right now! My hands smelly like cheese after scrogging her so there's that! I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter. Stop by my current journal if you want to check her out.
I just smoked a big bowl so I forget the exact number :Rasta:, it might be in one of my journals but I had around 350 grams out of my 2x4 which I figured was pretty good.

Yeah I will for sure stop by, what were they like in veg and that yield is great, is be happy with 350 often enough, what light are you running?

Nice, I went through seedsman and got barneysfarms pink kush, gorilla zkittles, and orange sherbert I have a purple bubba kush too I grew before growing I have a bunch of pics of evrything on insta if you are on it? Different name though cannabisconcentration

No I'm unfortunately not on any social media, I have just grew Pink Kush and Orange Sherbet, they were nice but I could of created them better.

So I have been taking a look at also adding vertical scrog growth to the 2 sides at 2ft and wondered if anyone has any tried it?

As you know I'm trying to use the best amount of space possible, plus now I know they stretch a lot in flower at least i can get some vertical growth I can took and weave into the screen, but this would affect the light, I would then have to stay with a hps so I will look for or hear some pros and cons.

I have high hopes for these plants and I will be starting with trying to concentrate on the root zone.

So up to now I have only have them PH'd water twice up to now with yesterday them having a good watering just to allow water to soak down, I have Advanced Nutrients Sensi A&B and the Remo so I may use that for veg, I will be using House and Garden Roots Excelurator every other feed to allow the next watering to use up any deposits left from the previous feeding.

I'm hoping I can get a great start with veg but with my luck it won't ever happen, the first few grows I ever did I always had fast plants then all of a sudden it stopped happening but hopefully Thornton around I can get good results with different watering methods.

There currently under a 4 bar 2ft T5 set using 96w, should I add a 300w cfl veg bulb and would I see a bigger difference?

After seeing a members journal on here he got 20oz using a 400w hps so I may just have to try the HPS out one last time, when I eventually install my scrog screen I am planning on putting 45° frames towards the end sides so I can get that little few extra inches of room.

After these 3 I plan to either take 8 clones or grow 8 seeds and then create a SOG/SCROG so if anyone has any high yielding 8 week strains tried and tested in coco/hydro please let me know.

I will also be buying some Great White Root powder too and adding it to my nutrient solution, I was taught this by @Cultivator and it adds some real mass to those roots, I got all of my advice and help when I first started off him too, great grower and huge grows!

Thanks buddy, hoping to get some good growth, still unsure whether or not to top them or not and i have decided today these 3 will be my last 3 plants till later next year so at least we can experiment with maybe the wall scrog too.

If I were to top at the 5th node I could then train the branches like a clock then hope for more vertical growth or should I just top the one that will be in the middle, what would you do?

I have around 6 weeks from today to veg them up, well it's 6 weeks till I harvest my current plants, but like you said they stretch pretty good during the flowering period so when I do flip them I have some 50*50 mesh so I will put it straight on, I also plan to put the screen up the sides of the tent too and make use of that space too as it's making use of the left over HPS and I'm scraping the barrel for more yield lol.

So basically the plan I want is, have the screen around 2ft above the pot just do I can allow air flow around the base of the pots as well as safer and maintain easier, on top of the screen, around 30cm from either end I will put a 45° degree angle screens allowing that extra few inches then an extra 2ft of screen on the sides of the tent that I will try my best to have a sideways scrog, I mean hey I could get 50g just from the wall screen.

So instead of my target being 15oz now I think I'm going to go for 20oz, but would that mean I would have to turn my ballast to 600 and hope it stays cool :laugh:.

I have done a few scrogs but if I'm honest they were very poor in terms of bud sites and canopy heights, so this time because I won't be growing again until late next year I really need this to be absolutely perfect with no mistakes.

If you have done a actor before what was your yield per sqft? Or just a rough estimate just in thinking how talk would my colas need to be to actually benefit from the scrog?

I'm babbling I know :nervous-guy:

I top all my plants, as I grow photoperiods only. I have used Nugbucket's Mainline/Manifold method to get eight main colas per plant. This extends the veg period by two to four weeks. I've also topped them higher to get more branches. It all depends on what you want the plant to look like at harvest time.

My first several grows were four plants of eight main branches each in a 2' X 4' (60cm X 120cm) tent using Nugbucket's method. Check out my first grow journal as to how I put an adjustable height screen in the tent. I'm now down to two plants with more branches in the tent.

I would of went for the main lining technique but thought there may be gaps in the screen being unused but like you said I could get more branches if I do.

If I lower the light a little more and make the plant have really right node spacing I could maybe top at the 5-6th node so all the branches should then all be around the same height in theory.

I have just checked them and those T5's really kick some heat out, must be about 30c in the small tent but it is a sealed tent, hopefully though that will help the roots in the long run will it not?

I will take a look at those now buddy!

30°C is a little high, but the plants will still grow. Be careful with the humidity at those temperatures. Keep it at the lower end to help prevent mold.

Your light raises the temperature inside the tent less than the lower cost fan-cooled units would. It is more efficient at converting electrical energy into light. The temperature of the Mars Hydro light itself will be higher as it has no fan to cool it. Don't forget that those fans on the lower cost units pull the cooling air from the tent, and then blow it right back into the tent. If you were to add a cooling fan to the Mars Hydro, the temperature of the light would drop, but the temperature inside the tent would rise by fractions of a degree, as the fan motor is also a heat source.

i use 2 -2000 watt ts mars led in a 4x4 tent and a exhaust fan and intake fan with carbon filters on both and temps are about 75-77 degrees , tent is always closed except for when i water my coco once to twice a day and gh flora nutes and a small amount of co2 in the last 2 weeks of veg and the first 4 -6 weeks of flower .i can get these light about 14 inches from the tops of my plants , i find topping and cropping works best , scrogging on a small tent is a p.i.t.a. i find and doesnt give that much better yields .i add a liitle great white with every 2nd watering .

Back
Top Bottom