HigherTheHigh

Hello and welcome to my new grow journal.

I was planning on having a year off after my O.G. Kush journal but the power of growing has got me tightly grasped still.

I wont be growing on a big scale how i have in my last runs just 2 small tents, 1 veg & 1 flower

Strains:
Sweet Zkittles - Sweet Zkittlez Cannabis Seeds
Sherbet Queen - Sherbet Queen Cannabis Seeds
Wedding Gelato - Wedding Gelato Cannabis Seeds
Legendry Punch - Legendary Punch ⭐ Cannabis Seeds
Purple Queen - Purple Queen Cannabis Seeds

O.G. Kush (currently in grow i may take a cutting or 2)

I have asked for Green Punch, North Thunderfuck & AMG Amnesia Mac Ganja (This one im looking forward to but plan to grow it right at the end with it being a 9-11 week sativa strain, if i dont receive those we can easily get some more through the year.

Equipment Being Used

Using a small 1x1m flowering tent
90x60x90 veg tent
11L Mothering pots
11L flowering pots (4 plant grow)
5-8L Flowering pots (9 plant grow)
600w HPS Dual & Full specturum & a 600w MH
6" Cool hood
6" Extractor
6"x600mm Carbon filter
4 Bar T5 2ft light
12 site Aero cloner
Ram humidifier
Ram floor fan
100L water tank
Dehumidifier (gives me 0ppm water in return)

Mediums & Nutrients

BioBizz All Mix
BioBizz Light Mix (for seedlings)
Canna Coco
Perlite
BioBizz Bio-Grow
BioBizz Fish Mix
BioBizz Bloom
BioBizz TopMax
Plant Magic Magne Cal+
Mother Pukka Budwiser
Advanced Nutrients A&B (for coco plants in veg, flower they get BioBizz maybe)
Molasses

Im really excited about growing some of these new strains,iv only ever grown basic strains, i plan to grow in soil as well as coco, im thinking of taking clones from each plant and flowering them that way, then maybe at the end of the year i may flower all 8 mother plants in my 4x8 big tent.

So i have 8 weeks left until my current grow has finished flowering.

The Plan

So maybe the plan is to germinate 4 seeds, in a weeks time, veg them for 3-4 weeks, then take 2-3 cuttings from each veg them for 4 weeks then flip to flower, then flip the mothering plants after the clones have flowered then start on the next 4 seeds :).

Thinking of growing Sweet Zkittles, Sherbet Queen, Wedding Gelato & Purple Queen for my first 4 mothers, these 4 here are mainly purple genetics apparently from what iv read and seen customer pictures, so im quite excited to see how they turn out.

My plan is to grow 3 rows of 3 clones in 5-8L pots, even if this gets me close to 2oz each i will be happy, 4-5 in coco and 3-4 in soil, the reason im growing in both as im going to try compare the 2 after if done, on yield ect just for my own research that is.

This will be a semi organic grow for the coco plants and full organic for the soil plants, the only reason why the coco plants will be semi organic is i will be using the A&B for coco as a veg nutrient only, soon as iv flipped them they will be fed organic line ups.

The reason im only doing 4 mother plants is my veg tent is only 90x60x90 so 4 11L pots and a aeroponic cloner fits just in, then once 9 small pots are in for veg once the cloner is out im hoping i have enough room :laugh:.

Im also planning on growing outside with clones from around the middle of april/may.

Thanks for taking the time to read through my Journal and i hope your having a great day :).

No i never got a sponsorship, i did ask but in the end felt like they would of turned me down so instead of the horrible feeling i left it and bought them instead lol.

Yeah im really looking forward to trying them out, undecided on what to do and how to do it though, either mother 4 then flip them and take a clone, then veg the clone up and pop the next 4 seeds i think.

Im planning on (well trying) growing every new strain that royal queen have got then try a round of @Barneys Farm Official seeds around the middle of the year then at least iv tried a different seed bank :).

Am i right in thinking because these new strains have a lot of purple genetics in there back ground i should lower the temps in the last week of flower to help? my tent currently runs at 24-25c but i can get it down as much as 20c if i wanted.

No i never got a sponsorship, i did ask but in the end felt like they would of turned me down so instead of the horrible feeling i left it and bought them instead lol.

Yeah im really looking forward to trying them out, undecided on what to do and how to do it though, either mother 4 then flip them and take a clone, then veg the clone up and pop the next 4 seeds i think.

Im planning on (well trying) growing every new strain that royal queen have got then try a round of @Barneys Farm Official seeds around the middle of the year then at least iv tried a different seed bank :).

Am i right in thinking because these new strains have a lot of purple genetics in there back ground i should lower the temps in the last week of flower to help? my tent currently runs at 24-25c but i can get it down as much as 20c if i wanted.
Night time temps need to be a little lower than that for the last couple weeks. You can keep the day temps as they are though to keep good steady growth going. I do super cold waters for my girls. Its winter here so my outdoor tap water is uber cold. For my veg girls ill boil some water to mix in with the cold to bring it up a bit.
My flower girls though are straight cold ass water and all mine get watered outside in the cold to drain off aswell.

So i placed 4 in water last night (Sweet zkittles - Sherbet Queen - Purple Queen - Wedding Gelato)

Only seed that hasnt popped is the Wedding Gelato, so iv placed them in damp cloth/paper towel to let there tails grow a little longer, chance to be able to plut them in soil in the morning or late tonight.

I think this is the fastest seeds iv had pop from RQS so we are officially on our way!

I should have them potted up today at some point :).

Surprised how fast they popped actually, cant wait to get them going, not topping them though but i may put a screen up, how are your girls doing?

Everyday i see you upload some new pics and they look so mega juicy!

You will have to do what i do and find a good series to watch on netflix and just stay there for a week getting stoney :laughtwo:.

Have just taken a RQS Hulkberry out at 69 days flowering. She grew huge and firm but her bud formation is pants. I have 7 clones of her to grow next run so i can concentrate on her genetics alone. tried a multi strain rdwc so i think she was overfed N and gave her silica which i dont think she wanted. Do like their genetics and strain appeal though and the smoke is very strong. watching with lots of interest .

I should have them potted up today at some point :).

Surprised how fast they popped actually, cant wait to get them going, not topping them though but i may put a screen up, how are your girls doing?

Everyday i see you upload some new pics and they look so mega juicy!

You will have to do what i do and find a good series to watch on netflix and just stay there for a week getting stoney :laughtwo:.
hi man glad to hear they popped! waitin for the pics and updates.
my girls are doin great , about to finish week 8 of flowering , harvest is pretty soon i guess like a week or so.
very frosty , pugnent , heavy dense buds , quite suprised with this both unknown strains , very curious about the final yield results , dont know what to expect for at least.

haha something you recommend?:lot-o-toke::popcorn:

Hello all :).

The Wedding Gelato unfortunately never popped so im going to email them tomorrow for a replacement seed, the other 3 are doing brilliant, iv took a clone for the O.G. Kush to make up the 4th plant.

I have also popped the Legendry Punch to also put in so which ever grows up first will be the 4th plant but i am considering growing the O.G. in a bubbler pot and seeing how that turns out scrogged in the veg tent under a LED light, failing that i may veg and veg till i can get one big plant to fill it up so basically 16 weeks veg from today (2 weeks to get some roots established).

@Ganjagrandaddy Have you any pics of those buddy? i love there genetics but i do have problems from time to time with seeds not popping & i bet they hate me because i always ask for replacements but having said that, seeds arent cheap especially when your on a tight budget, im sure cultivator grew some hulkberry not long back, may of been hucklebery though, yeah there strains are really potent compared to some seed banks iv used but hands down a great smoke, iv always grown in coco and never quite perfected the taste (no where near if im honest) organic soil is the trier this time around :D.

@mcren Hello buddy, i keep popping into see them, those trichomes look mega juicy, the type to leave piles of sticky goodness on your fingers after you have broke a bud up :D did you take any clones from them? try keep a small branch and try reveg it then at least you have a mother plant on stand by for the unknown strain but overall you have done great on your first grow!

I will upload some pics very shortly!

Here they are, the 3 that popped anyway & iv just checked the Legendry Punch has popped slightly so iv placed it in some cloth to get a nice tail then ill place in the small pot :).

Took the clone from the O.G. Kush, there is a small bud started developing but hopefully it will reveg itself and grow strong and bushy.

Hello all :).

The Wedding Gelato unfortunately never popped so im going to email them tomorrow for a replacement seed, the other 3 are doing brilliant, iv took a clone for the O.G. Kush to make up the 4th plant.

I have also popped the Legendry Punch to also put in so which ever grows up first will be the 4th plant but i am considering growing the O.G. in a bubbler pot and seeing how that turns out scrogged in the veg tent under a LED light, failing that i may veg and veg till i can get one big plant to fill it up so basically 16 weeks veg from today (2 weeks to get some roots established).

@Ganjagrandaddy Have you any pics of those buddy? i love there genetics but i do have problems from time to time with seeds not popping & i bet they hate me because i always ask for replacements but having said that, seeds arent cheap especially when your on a tight budget, im sure cultivator grew some hulkberry not long back, may of been hucklebery though, yeah there strains are really potent compared to some seed banks iv used but hands down a great smoke, iv always grown in coco and never quite perfected the taste (no where near if im honest) organic soil is the trier this time around :D.

@mcren Hello buddy, i keep popping into see them, those trichomes look mega juicy, the type to leave piles of sticky goodness on your fingers after you have broke a bud up :D did you take any clones from them? try keep a small branch and try reveg it then at least you have a mother plant on stand by for the unknown strain but overall you have done great on your first grow!

I will upload some pics very shortly!
have harvested her ow but she only gave me 68.75g which is well below expected and could be down to a few factors my end. (failing 600w , fed same feed strength as other strains but needed way less N and no Silica!) . have clones to run next run so will be better i think.
here is couple of pics on final day before drying

Attachments

• 20190220_231605.jpg
    20190220_231605.jpg
    674.5 KB · Views: 260
  • 20190220_231537.jpg
    20190220_231537.jpg
    486 KB · Views: 251
  • 20190219_214536.jpg
    20190219_214536.jpg
    426.8 KB · Views: 245
  • 20190219_214527.jpg