LED grow 1st for newbie

The girls are getting bushy. The bigget is a foot tall and the runt is 6 inches. I have moved the pot 2 times a day so I cant imagin the lights have anything to do with it. I finally found the diatomacious soil I put it on my plants as well as a dose from the mosiquto dunk. And the f*&^&*g pest strips are still hanging all over. My babies are happy and on the way to being gnat free. Thanks for the tips on supplies I will sit down in the morning and make a order. I have a plant that is day 56 in flower but it looks no where near ready to harvest. I cant wait for the 420 scope. Still a little stung from the break up but my new Gf's are keeping me company.
2007_0427today0002.JPG

2007_0427today0003.JPG

This plant is old
2007_0427today0005.JPG

Tead no worries. My new gfs are more needy. But they dont talk so I am better with them. Kinda bummed cause the old gf had collected a bunch of 1/8ths for me while I visited. But now I will spend 4/20 with my new chicks.
I might have to clip a nug off my oldest girl and microwave it for the occasion. The old plant in the picture was a christmas present from a friend.
It was about 3 inches tall when I got it. I put into flower 55 days ago but
the nugs arent getting big enough to smoke. It was a bag seed. I hope it just needs more time.

It was about 3 inches tall when I got it. I put into flower 55 days ago but
the nugs arent getting big enough to smoke. It was a bag seed. I hope it just needs more time.

I'm running an LED grow like you. I keep reading about the "less than stunning" final results. I usually read about LED's doing better in veg than flowering.
I sure hope I'm wrong... but I suspect I'll just prove what everyone else is saying.
Has the plant you got from your friend been under the LED's the whole time? I'm very curious about the final results (both quantity and quality) that other folks have seen from LED grows (of course).

Cheers

The older plant has had a less than stellar begining. I had it in a box with flurosents for a while then under a Areogarden light for a while. I kicked it around for a while while building my room. Then things stabilized about feb. I got the LEDs and she has been under it since. The better plant in my grow room has only had LED light. I ordered some blueberry seeds and the got exchanged for some Gspots from VISC they sound good.They should be ready for blast off tomorrow. I want to take some clones from a feminisied White Widow that is 3 months old and about 2 ft tall. I really need to top it to keep it in my flower room. Can I take the firt 8 inches of the top of the plant? I havent had much luck making clones yet Im about 1 for 15 But the clone I did get is of the plant thats about finished in the flower room. I have a bottle of juciy roots gel. Can I put my cutting in a 4 inch pot or is it better to use a smaller seedling cup. When should I flower my current plants?

Hey man try hydro next time, its really easy and things grow really fast, check out my led grow its coming along great.

Just ordered a 6 inch can fan and odor sok plus mylar. Add another 4 bills to the tab I think My first Oz is going going to cost 4K.

The older plant has had a less than stellar begining. I had it in a box with flurosents for a while then under a Areogarden light for a while. I kicked it around for a while while building my room. Then things stabilized about feb. I got the LEDs and she has been under it since. The better plant in my grow room has only had LED light. I ordered some blueberry seeds and the got exchanged for some Gspots from VISC they sound good.They should be ready for blast off tomorrow. I want to take some clones from a feminisied White Widow that is 3 months old and about 2 ft tall. I really need to top it to keep it in my flower room. Can I take the firt 8 inches of the top of the plant? I havent had much luck making clones yet Im about 1 for 15 But the clone I did get is of the plant thats about finished in the flower room. I have a bottle of juciy roots gel. Can I put my cutting in a 4 inch pot or is it better to use a smaller seedling cup. When should I flower my current plants?

I'm sorry you've had such problems with your clones. I seem to have about the opposite problems with my cloning efforts. I am always throwing various clones into the compost. Have you reviewed the cloning info in the "Seeds, clones, and strains" section?

How to Clone a Cannabis Plant

I've started clones by dunking them in the root goo, then just placing them in dirt. I usually put the clones into a small cube of rockwool, mist them, and stick them into a clear covered bowl I have to keep the humidity high while the little babies make some roots.
You have to remember that their only way to get water is thru the leaves. They have no roots yet to get water.

Flowering your plants is a matter of personal preference. Keep in mind that your plant is going to double in size (approx) once you start flowering. Try to flower when your pant is at about 1/2 the height of your grow area (don't forget to include the hanging lights in height calculations).

hope this helps

Cheers

Thanks for the tips. I will try again after I flush the mother. My last try
I didnt cover the clones and only had a chance to mist the plants twice a day. I think I had the humidity at 55%. I made a exhaust cover for the dehumidifier and piped it out of my room and has dropped the temp about 5-10 degrees. I need to tear it apart and do some noise proofing. I hope the new fan remedies the heat and reduces the load on the dehumidifier. Im sure my electricty bill is climbing. I figure Im still using less than a 1000wts total. I will use the old bath fan for the exhaust in the veg room. I put 4 new Gspot seeds in the soil today. I have about a dozen seeds in the paper towel. I will have to move some plants out of the veg room to make room for seedlings and clones. Looks like I will have to make the call to get my meds one more time. I cant wait to be out of that loop.

Here is some pics This is the biggest 420 plant Im thinking flower any day for room in my veg room.
2007_0429today0001.JPG

Here is a nug for tomorrow I took off my best plant.
2007_0429today0003.JPG

I flushed the mother white widow I hope its not a hermie. It was a feminized seed. It is 73 days old and 28 inches tall.
2007_0429today0006.JPG

I cant tell the sex
2007_0429today0007.JPG

My exhaust system
2007_0429today0002.JPG

Picked up my 420 scope today. Just as I thought the biggest plant that is about 60 days flower still has crystal clear trichomes. Is there a time line for the trichomes to change or do they just one day appear perfect. I flushed the plant 2 weeks ago should I try and give it some nutrients and wait till the trichomes start to change to flush it again, or should I sit on my hands and do what im doing now.

Just dried my nug in the microwave I figured it would be harsh so I turned the vapirozier on. I compaired the nug to some store bought meds and it looks alright. I can see the trichomes on both and they are both just a little cloudy. The suck part is I have waited for months and spent thousands and nobody knows about my project except a roommate and she is at work. So i will have to enjoy this solo. Oh well no better time than the present Happy 420 to me.
rollit.gif
........ooops I vaped the whole nug. Tasted good but maybe a little green. I do feel the high creeping in. Now I can really enjoy watching "weeds" on shotime tonight. I did manage to cough, I never learn. Cant wait to check out all the other plants with the scope. Thanks for the tips Pan Im enjoying watching your grows and I learned a lot on your first LED one. Your amsterdam trip was awesome. I doubt I could have kept up with you guys.

I like the scope, Its amazing all the new stuff I can see on the plants. I think my main plant is going to good. After the vap session I did the look for the remote thing for about a half hour turns out I took it out to the grill and left it on the side shelf. I still got room in the veg room so Im going to let my experiment go a few more days before I flower them. I think they will be about 12 inches tall. I planted a few more seeds today.

Back
Top Bottom