BlazeSour's Nirvana AK-48 First grow

BlazeSour

Hello all this would be my first attempt at growing. Hopefully with the amount of research I've done and the help of some of you guys I can have a successful first attempt and produce a decent yield.

Strain - Nirvana AK-48
# of Plants - 2
Grow Type - Soil
Grow Stage - Germination
Lights - 1 Led UFO
Nutrients - Advanced nutrients Iguana Juice Grow/Bloom
Medium - Fox Farms Ocean Forest
Room Temperature -75 to 79
Room Square Footage - 3'x3'x6.5'
Pests - None Known

Here is a picture of my Grow Tent
IMG_15421.jpg

The seeds just came in
IMG_15551.JPG

The process begins
IMG_15471.JPG

Nice tent I would go to walmart and buy a box of cfl's 6pack about 15bucks good luck on the grow

Thanks for the advise unfortunately money is a little tight but I am looking in to more lights. I think i may have made a novice mistake with germinating my seeds I used the paper towel method but i left them in a plate in my closet and the paper towels dried up. Will this affect anything?

Germination isn't that tricky imo...plants have been doing it naturally for millions of years. I use a seedling warming mat that brings the temp up to 85 degrees. I've had success with both soil and rockwool using that method. You can achieve the same constant temperature on a cable tv box, computer, etc. Just make sure the seedling is covered and in a dark place.
I'm growing a Nirvana AK-48 right now in soil. She's taking her time but coming right along. Nice tent set up, good luck with the lights, etc.

Thanks for the advise unfortunately money is a little tight but I am looking in to more lights. I think i may have made a novice mistake with germinating my seeds I used the paper towel method but i left them in a plate in my closet and the paper towels dried up. Will this affect anything?

you have to keep that paper towel moist all the time, put it inside a plastic bag and make sure its air tight so moister can stay inside ....

Hey man nice set up you have there. and as long as your seed didnt start to sprout you should be fine but check for mold and see if the shell has any cracks on the edges so you dont waste your time with a seed that might not work out.

That light should also be enough to get you by for about 2 weeks so you should be fine and have some time to get one more pay check to get a few new lights.

Any building supply store sells lamp cords for around $5 and a pack of cfl's is only around $7-$10. You will need 4 sockets to run eight more lights. Pick up some dual pole light sockets for a $1 each and you will then be able to run extra lights for no more then $30 and you wont notice much of a hike in the electric bill.

I will be keeping an eye on this one and good luck with the seedlings!

Ditto what Bud08 said on the seed. You should be fine BlazeSour.

Keep us up to date with what's happening. Always good to see another seed coming to life.

Never have an empty bowl...

Hey guys sorry about the late response unfortunately the seeds didn't sprout so I decided to give it a try (you live and you learn) paycheck came in today so will def. look in to buying more lights might even consider buying an MH system what do you guys think? Thanks to everyone for the support, and as soon as my second batch sprouts I will update with some pics.

sucks!!
if your ganna get an HID light i would say get a nice 600W HPS
you can always veg under floros

good luck with your next batch of seeds!, i wouldnt throw them in water i would throw them in between some MOIST paper towels in a dark warm place
100% on all 3 occasions ive done this
Yea I germinated the seeds and did the paper towel method, and put them into a rockwool cube. All I'm waiting for now is to see them reaching for the lights lol.

All right new update after about 10 days of the seeds not even breaking through soil I came to a conclusion that maybe I got ripped off the LED light. So I went to my local hardware store and bought some CFL's, put some more seeds in germination and now patiently waiting. That'll teach me next time to buy cheap lights off ebay. I will post pics tomorrow of the new light setup.

i use t5's, not sure what the difference is b/w the two is but i know mine work absolutely fine, ive grown from seed to smoke under em too, not shabby.. not 1000w hps but def not bad at all

Back
Top Bottom