gr8fulfor420's First Soil Autoflower Grow Journal - 2014

Gr8falfor,I wasn't laughing at ur plants,so let's just be clear on that,was just having a laugh about the lighter in the pot.I was on my funny half hour test,just having a lighthearted laugh buddy.I was joking about something else an rubbed up another american,seems Americans don't get us northern Irish,we are messers,up 4 abit of a laugh.no harm was meant.I mean I was laughing at ur lighter,not ur plants,come on man.OK good luck with ur grow:thumb:

I would like to explain something about seeing lighters with plants that maybe snake or scottish are not aware of. It has become a kind of unspoken practice here to place a bic lighter next to a plant, or more often next to a bud/cola to give a reference of size. You will see that often on this site. It isn't a necessary thing...it's just something we do.
Hope that helps to understand why you see that here.
:thumb:

I am aware of having a p.o.r its hard to judge the size of a bud/plant/leaf it is a really good idea but bics are tiny surely a clipper is better? :bong:
Good point, scottish.
I think it's mostly due to bics being such a handy thing. Smokers always have them lying around or in a pocket. I just took a look around and I see two of them within easy reach. I would like to have about 10% of the income from selling bics over here. LOL

Ohh i see so americans all tend to use bics in britain all smokers tend to have clippers i have hundreads literally as there so handy can remove the stalk use it to poke the end of joint scrape the bong etc also clippers flame is set for a smoker light it normal nice and small, tip it up for a bong or to burn hash and the flame gets bigger so we use clippers also over here bics come in 2sizes a normal and a small one with only height being different so sorry about all confusion my part is just the culture thing :bong:

Ohh i see so americans all tend to use bics in britain all smokers tend to have clippers i have hundreads literally as there so handy can remove the stalk use it to poke the end of joint scrape the bong etc also clippers flame is set for a smoker light it normal nice and small, tip it up for a bong or to burn hash and the flame gets bigger so we use clippers also over here bics come in 2sizes a normal and a small one with only height being different so sorry about all confusion my part is just the culture thing :bong:
No need for apology, cultural differences are very interesting to me. :) Our convenient stores and gas stations, in my area of the country have stacks of Point of Sale (we call them impulse items) Bic lighters on the counters as we check out. I know what clippers are, and I have seen growers use those too, but I just don't see them nearly as available as those bics. Counter displays are always in your face at checkout. LOL
Have a perfectly wonderful day and keep 'em green!

Yeaa ours are all clippers everywhere you go its clippers with all different designs etc there is about 1shop in my city that sells bic and thats a taboconist id be lost without my clipper collection lol hopefully harvesting a plant this afternoon so will be a very fine day and the sun is out so as always ill be keeping it green i hope you have a splendid day also :) :bong:

:lot-o-toke::reading420magazine:

Wow - Ok there's a lot going on here. I've been consumed with work last couple days. I guess I was just as confused as everyone else. I was thinking clipper in a totally different way. Like canna stated we have bics everywhere here in the states. Heck, some places will still give you matches if you buy a pack of smokes and you ask them. There is a cultural difference which I enjoy simply for this type of scenario! So no harm done I didn't mean to come off roughly. It was just purely a comment :)

As for the plants - thank you for the chart I'll be :reading420magazine: My shop is out of Red bulbs until tomorrow so I 'll be switching bulbs tomorrow. Only the one plant (Berry) has a slight yellowing. I did give them a very diluted fish fertilizer (Neptunes) a couple days ago and it looks like it may be getting better. Based off the chart maybe potassium levels but the ends are not curling like in the picture. I'll have to continue to monitor them. Pics to follow....

WP_20140411_001.jpg

WP_20140411_002.jpg

Newbie Question - if I need potassium can I go to a store and buy it?

Yes depends on the type of store. If it is a indoor gardening type place then they will have different bat guanos there that work best. If it is a diy like home depot then look for miracle grow sticks. They are blue come in a pack of about 80. They come with a spike that will bore into the soil to place the stick and it will slow feed for about a month with watering regularly

hiya
i think you should replant those and fill the pots up extra full
looks like you have a good bit of room
i am betting the roots have filled that medium up
this will also give them a booster shot of nutrients
looking good though,keep up the good works
take care and good luck

hey i have a 3x3 closet it had byfold doors i took them off.I cut a sheet of plywood a foot long top and bottom and cut holes top and bottom for fans to vent and have a removable center sheet as a door if u cut it right it will just press in no screws/nails running 1000 watt hps and a bat wing shade have 9 2 foot plants end up with 8 half pound or so dry good luck puff puff pass

Ok - so I decided NOT to re plant, auto's don't like transplant. These are large 3 gallon pots - I'm sure there not root bound. I will however be mixing up some more dirt to top off. And I'm still looking for potassium ideas on the berry. Reds are in the house, I'll be raising the lights again today - they are stretching! Pics later after I tend to them.

i am with you,after all it is your grow
and yes its best not to mess with auto's too much i have been told
and yes they will be ok in their current pots
but...
they look half full and even if not rootbound don't you want plenty of leg room for the roots?
anyway i just threw in 2 cents and we all know what that can get you these days
so i send positive energy and best wishes

Back
Top Bottom