Pukingpanda's First Grow - Soil - Black Jerry 2014

Re: Pukingpanda's First Grow - Soi l - Black Jerry 2014

So here is a shot of my buddies tent he built after helping me build mine and he has two of the Tahoe og plants. He has them on a scrog and it is growing awesomely.
image10169.jpg

He is using the same nute mixes as I and growing under a 600w xtrasun hps light.

I think I have a small p deficiency so I added liquid kool bloom and top fed them some bar guano and everyone looks happy!

If he goes with a 2 inch screen he will get more bud sites with less crowding later. Looking good tho I miss my ScroG :-[

Nice I will tell him. I am using the same type of screen on my one Tahoe plant so I will double the net up later today and get 2" squares.

Man those plants are getting big! Looking great! :thumb:

Doubled my scrog and put the centers of the upper side so it is 1/4 the original size mostly. I have a few differences from the screens not being set up at the exact same time. Wanted all my flowering girls with just water they are getting fed once every 5-7 days normally every other watering but now I am getting closer to three waterings a week for the big girls. I think that is just because they have eaten all of the soil they are in. I am going to add some mixed some extra bat guano to the tops of the large plants next week. I'm thinking the harvest will be 1-2 weeks into June I know these are a long flowering strain on the black jerry girls. I would put them at about 5-6 weeks of flowering and they were switched to 12/12 8weeks ago this Friday. My unknown clones are bushing up nicely but I am worried they will also have mold when I put them to flower so I have 6 solid new Tahoe og clones taken from lower branches and a couple mid branch clones that might make the cut. Two purple thai out of the 4 rooted up so hopefully they will veg out nicely and we can cut some babies off of one of those too. Thanks for hanging out everyone and stopping in.

Doubled my scrog and put the centers of the upper side so it is 1/4 the original size mostly. I have a few differences from the screens not being set up at the exact same time. Wanted all my flowering girls with just water they are getting fed once every 5-7 days normally every other watering but now I am getting closer to three waterings a week for the big girls. I think that is just because they have eaten all of the soil they are in. I am going to add some mixed some extra bat guano to the tops of the large plants next week. I'm thinking the harvest will be 1-2 weeks into June I know these are a long flowering strain on the black jerry girls. I would put them at about 5-6 weeks of flowering and they were switched to 12/12 8weeks ago this Friday. My unknown clones are bushing up nicely but I am worried they will also have mold when I put them to flower so I have 6 solid new Tahoe og clones taken from lower branches and a couple mid branch clones that might make the cut. Two purple thai out of the 4 rooted up so hopefully they will veg out nicely and we can cut some babies off of one of those too. Thanks for hanging out everyone and stopping in.

Panda the biggest mistake i see people do is in the last week of harvest stop feeding them. in fact the last 3 weeks you should up the amount of bloom nutes. once they have started retracting the calix and you have 50% or more red/brown hairs then its time to do the last 3 days. I will say the boiling water to the roots is the best way to get them started drying and curing at the same time. My BB is almost dry and Cured. I will cure a bit longer another 1-2 weeks just cause it makes it better. i repeat the last week is the biggest increase in bud size/density/girth. hope this helps. any questions ask.

Panda the biggest mistake i see people do is in the last week of harvest stop feeding them. in fact the last 3 weeks you should up the amount of bloom nutes. once they have started retracting the calix and you have 50% or more red/brown hairs then its time to do the last 3 days. I will say the boiling water to the roots is the best way to get them started drying and curing at the same time. My BB is almost dry and Cured. I will cure a bit longer another 1-2 weeks just cause it makes it better. i repeat the last week is the biggest increase in bud size/density/girth. hope this helps. any questions ask.

I never feed the last ten days before harvest. Most nutrient solutions will end up making your bud taste off I feel. I use a flushing nutrient right at ten days before harvest called flora clean. Then only water with a good flush 72-48 hours before I cut then down. Right after I flush I give them total darkness so they can eat any sugars left inside.

if you stop feeding the last 10 days they starve and you wont get the last big growth spurt from them. It you starve them they will go into wanted food mode and will affect the quality. The dry and cure is what will allow them to release all they dont want. I used to think the same way as you are. try 1 plant and feed it till the end and you will see.

if you stop feeding the last 10 days they starve and you wont get the last big growth spurt from them. It you starve them they will go into wanted food mode and will affect the quality. The dry and cure is what will allow them to release all they dont want. I used to think the same way as you are. try 1 plant and feed it till the end and you will see.

Sadly I did try on my first grow ever and it ended up among everything taste awful. It might be dependent on what you use but I have seen even organic stuff that looked nice but just didn't have a good taste and some of it would crackle even after proper drying and curing. I am a solid believer in my method. I may try using a different flushing chem though.

Sadly I did try on my first grow ever and it ended up among everything taste awful. It might be dependent on what you use but I have seen even organic stuff that looked nice but just didn't have a good taste and some of it would crackle even after proper drying and curing. I am a solid believer in my method. I may try using a different flushing chem though.
question? do you water/water/feed? or do you Feed/feed/feed? if you water/water/feed like every 2 days then you will have 4-6 days of just water then i would do the boiling water. i really think you all are loosing that extra 20-25% yield you get the last week. and so if you did this day say 8 days from harvest Feed/ day 6 water/ day 4 water day 2 boiling water then give it 1 extra day so the boiling water method gets 3 days in 12/12 then chop.

Right now I am alternating watering and feeding generally two waterings and one feeding a week. I might try your method in the future I just have to much invested with this harvest to rock the boat to much. I am thinking I will do my last feeding about a week to ten days out then have one watering with the flora clean and the last watering will be just water and then darkness and chop. I agree that a lot of people underfed towards the end but I have some things too fed into my soil that should help provide some extra food for them towards the end. Feeding tonight and maybe some pictures if I can not be such a lazy ass lol

right on i understand. We each must learn our own way. Allot of growing styles for sure. I just need My C99 to turn out perfect. I could put my blueberry to shame. oh yeah the BB is just over 9.5 oz now and so close to being done. i took 1 oz to decarb to make some chocolate that is why its at 9.5 oz.

Went and saw some of this strain that is much closer to finishing then mine and growing under hps lights and the buds are BIG. If I can get anywhere near the size with my LEDs I'll be really happy.

Went and saw some of this strain that is much closer to finishing then mine and growing under hps lights and the buds are BIG. If I can get anywhere near the size with my LEDs I'll be really happy.
then feed her 2 times a week till they are 7 days from finish then water/water. she needs food to fatten the buds up. i see so many who get good size nugs when they could have had grenades. How is your friend feeding them? Hps will have a little bigger buds.

then feed her 2 times a week till they are 7 days from finish then water/water. she needs food to fatten the buds up. i see so many who get good size nugs when they could have had grenades. How is your friend feeding them? Hps will have a little bigger buds.

He runs hydro buckets and says mine are right where they need to be you can only push then so hard before you start to burn them. Patience is a virtue when growing so I'm staying the course on my schedule. I'll post some pics in the next couple days the Tahoe has most of the screen pretty well filled out and I am letting some of the stuff start to really grow trough now

Allllllll right gang..... Week 8-9 update just have the girls their second or third to last feeding before harvest so were getting there. This strain is an about 11-12 weeks normally in flower and it took a long time for them to start showing buds so I'm thinking first or second week in June. Cut some lesser lower nodes off and some of the massive fan leaves but only one shopping bag full worth of cuttings off all four big plants. Here is the lower shot
image10454.jpg

Here is a bud shot. I found a simple green plastic ruler that I covered my lens with and it makes the pics much better I think. However I can't turn it cause I am posting from my cell.
image10453.jpg

Last but not least here is the family shot. The top colas are like 10-12" long and getting thicker everyday. I will probably be scroging them somehow just because they are starting to fall over some. Anyone have good ideas for last flowering trellis making? I am thinking tomato cages might also work.
image10455.jpg

The Tahoe is already growing a few branches wider then the 3ftx2ft scrog and filling out the center part nicely.

Thanks for stopping in everyone! :thanks:

Killed the purple thai off. They had some kinda something wrong with them so I didn't want to risk it

Bummer PP Have a Chronic Weekend :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom