Grand Daddy Purple Clones Start To Finish!

Latest BUD Photos! - Week 4

P1011094.JPG
P1011095.JPG
P1011143.JPG

Man! U have some pretty looking plants Goose!!:bravo:
U sure ur a newbie? LOL

:)

Hey Luv! ;) :thanks:

I wouldn't really say I'm a newbie with Cannabis. Actually,when it comes to gardening, I've been raising various crops in soil, planter boxes and self contained soil pots for over 35 years.

Compared to some of the exotic flowers and food crops I have raised, Cannabis is a relatively easy plant to grow and requires very little maintenance.

Glad you are liking the GDP plants! As soon as I get done with my current cloning session, I am planning to move GDP #1 into my veg room where the cloner is, and put it on a 12/12 to save a few weeks while waiting for the Blueberry plants to finish in my actual flowering room.

That way, when the Blueberry comes out and is harvested the GDP will already be two weeks in to flowering! :thumb:

You have to get creative when you have very limited space indoors for flowering and vegging. This is why I do most of my growing outdoors during the growing season. MUCH easier and MUCH better results! :)

I've seen you post now and again talking about GDP as a clone only plant...What I don't really understand is how any plant can be clone only...Don't they all have the ability to either herm or be forced to produce seeds....I ask this because i've been told the same about the afgoo plant yet i'm growing it from a plant that hermied and produced seeds...Also couldn't the same plant be re-made, for lack of a better term, by crossing the 2 original parents again? I'm a noob and still learning so any incite you can shed on me is much appreciated. Thanks!
~Cmitch

Ken Estes is the creator of the original GDP. That is what I have here. Lots of folks are claiming to have GDP seeds, but the original GDP was grown out via cloning. The original GDP strain has been kept alive through generations and is now over 21 years old.

As far as all the other stuff out there claiming to be GDP? There is nothing to stop someone else from crossing similar strains and then assuming that they have also created GDP, but I doubt they would be identical. Anything you buy out there claiming to be GDP that was grown from a purchased seed, is not the geniune original world famous strain. It is basically a knock-off.

Hope that helps. :)

Absolutly , they will be different jusy called the same cuz they have similargenetics..and some breeders straot up lie, remember it still illegal to sell seeds in a lot of america.. so there really hasn't been created that I know of to regulate things and keep people on the up n up.. a lot of the time you taking someone's word for it.. just a research the breeders listen to people's experiences and you'll be good

Absolutly , they will be different jusy called the same cuz they have similargenetics..and some breeders straot up lie, remember it still illegal to sell seeds in a lot of america.. so there really hasn't been created that I know of to regulate things and keep people on the up n up.. a lot of the time you taking someone's word for it.. just a research the breeders listen to people's experiences and you'll be good

The other aspect of ALL NorCal purples, is that besides getting them to change color, there are other characteristics that are unique to the strain that only emerge under the proper growing conditions.

GDP is a Northern Ca. strain created by crossing two estrablished Northern strains. They like COOL/COLD nights in the last few weeks of flowering in order for them to fully turn color and develop their unique smell, taste and medicinal effects. This is why I am planning to flower the bulk of my GDP outdoors naturally. By the time the plants have reached the 8th week of flower near the end of October, our average lows here are in the mid 40s which is what these plants like and expect at the end of their cycle. Purple Urkle is the same way, having provided half the genetics of the original GDP. I have also read that Urkle are somewhat frost resistant which I will be able to test later this year. Our first frosts can come as early as Halloween.

Fortunately, I live only about 100 miles from the birthplace of most of the NorCal Cannabis I am growing right now, so that has a lot to do with how well all of them are doing out back. This is their genetically ideal climate!

:thumb:

The bottom line regarding GDP and all of its pretenders...

There are a TON of BOGUS GDP seeds floating around and I would venture a guess that 75% of the GDP being sold today is NOT GDP, but something similar like Purple Urkle, Purple Kush, a CopyCat cross or even Blueberry! If you don't know what REAL GDP looks like, how would you know the difference?

Many, many people are taking advantage of that simple fact. ;)

Nothing "Smells" like genuine GDP. Once you smell that aroma, you won't get fooled again! :rocker:

Hey goose. yea I figured u weren't a newbie. I might try outdoors as soon as I get back every cent I've put out...lol. What do u do when it rains? Check my grow when u get a chance and any constructive criticism would be great. thx

Hey goose. yea I figured u weren't a newbie. I might try outdoors as soon as I get back every cent I've put out...lol. What do u do when it rains? Check my grow when u get a chance and any constructive criticism would be great. thx

I hear ya! I use my T5s for my Jalapeño and Tomato root stock during the winter, along with my Cannabis mother plants so I already consider my stuff paid for. ;)

The weather is pretty warm and dry up here from late June through late September. We do occasionally get Thunderstorms during the summer, and when that happens I try to move the most exposed plants under something. All the plants on our back hill are basically in a forest, so the Doug Firs and Cedars tend to protect them from getting wet. :circle-of-love:

If you get a lot of rain in the summer, then it might make sense to create some kind of canopy or umbrella-like system that can be deployed to protect your plants from direct rain. A little rain is fine during veg, but during flower, I would try to avoid them getting rained on at all costs.

Good Job Goose! You got everything in check, your flowers are lookin like delicacies.

Check out my log just updated it with new pics and they are commin along! This rate i think we will be in some competition one of these monthly bud contest ;)

Happy Cultivation !

Thanks Jay! I definitely will check out your journal today! Been really busy with other now growing stuff this week!

I just took some new photos of all the plants at their various stages of veg and flower, and will be updating my main Grow Journal and this thread a bit later today.

Stay tuned and thanks for following along! :) :thumb:

Latest GDP Bud Shots • Week 5

P1011199.JPG

P1011198.JPG
P1011200.JPG
P1011201.JPG

P1011197.JPG

GDP #3 and #1 are Beginning to Flower Naturally!

P1011211.JPG
P1011183.JPG
P1011184.JPG
P1011185.JPG

Our first batch of GDP clones taken from #1 and #3 are just now starting to put out root spikes! Check out our main grow journal for more photos and details!

Thanks for checking in! :)

Wow, nice thread & beautiful plants & pics...hats off to you. Do you have a guess as to how long 'till harvest that gorgeous flower is?

Thanks Man! I appreciate you checking out my grows! :thumb:

I expect another 3-4 weeks before that GDP plant will be ready for harvest.

Speaking of....

I decided to move GDP #1 into my Flower Room and move one of the flowering Blueberry plants outside to finish back there.

P1011217.JPG
P1011216.JPG

Notice that there are already well developed flower tops starting to develop naturally even before a forced 12/12.

P1011218.JPG
P1011220.JPG

Flowering Week #6 • Trichome Photos!
Looking VERY Close to Harvest Time!

I have always been told that GDP is ready for harvest at around the usual 8 week point, but my GDP at week 6 is already showing many of the "Time to Harvest" signs of most strains.

Have a look!

P1011282.JPG
P1011272.JPG
P1011273.JPG

80X Microscopic Images

Notice the "purple" beggining to enter the stalks of the trichomes in first two images.

GDP3_frontlit.jpg
GDP113.jpg
GDP4_frontlit.jpg
GDP5_frontlit.jpg

I just started flushing this plant today as I always do at week 6, so I am reluctant to harvest until I have had at least a full week of flushing. It has only had water when needed and Fox Farm Big Bloom twice a week, but still. I prefer to flush for at least a week before I harvest anything I grow. I usually flush for 14 days before harvest and besides, I would prefer to wait for it to turn purple as well, so I think I am going to let it keep going until Week 8.

All comments welcome!

Stay tuned for more soon!

Really great job you are doing w/those plants goose... nice to see more outdoor stuff.

And those 80x shots are the bomb... +rep

Thanks Captain!

I appreciate you continuing to follow this grow! :thumb:

Glad you enjoyed the Microscope shots! Many more to come as the plants get closer to harvest time and I need to rely on that scope more and more for optimum CBD levels!! :)

Stay tuned! :thanks:

Wow golden im a speechless my man!!! Wow nice job she looks so amazing!!! Hows the proud papa feel? Or how will he be feeling? These pics are just great dude keep it up!!!

:confused:
Wow golden im a speechless my man!!! Wow nice job she looks so amazing!!! Hows the proud papa feel? Or how will he be feeling? These pics are just great dude keep it up!!!

Thanks Vince!

I am pleased with the progress so far, but I did discover the beginnings of some powdery mildew on the plant last night, and the closer I looked the more I started to find! :confused:

GDP 1 that had only been in the Bloom Room for four days was also showing little patches of the white powdery substance which in later flowering stages can actually be stray Trichomes that get blown off by the fans and by moving the plant around. But GDP 1 had not been in flower long enough for that to be happening on the lower leaves, so I knew right then I likely had a fungus infection spreading in the Bloom Room!

To confirm, I put a leaf under the microscope and saw the tell tale stalks of the fungus which kind of look like trichomes, but are like little beads connected together to form a stalk! I was in such a rush to deal with it, I didn't have time to take a microcope image of the fungus, but maybe later I will do that with one of the leaves I cut off before spraying them down.

In order to get rid of it I decided to take the plant outside and give it a good spray of Baking Soda and water. I also took my other BBK outside and did the same thing because it too had some areas with it.

That left GDP 1 and the Purple Urkle which I soaked down with the same solution twice and have got all the fans on it now along with the Air Conditioning at full blast to dehumidify the room. Also going to change the light cycle to 14/13 which will give more hours of light.

Oddly enough, the Purple Urkle was literally touching half of the GDP plant with the fungus, but it didn't have a trace of it! Perhaps Purple Urkle has a built in immunity to the powdery mildew?

I'll try to post a microscope image of the fungus later in this thread for everyone to see what it looks like close up!

Ahh golden that sux about the PM..im glad to see youve got it handled!! Last spring my roses out front got it real bad... It was an issue fosho....that would be dope if you can post th mold pics soon..looking forward to them...peace

Back
Top Bottom