Grand Daddy Purple Clones Start To Finish!

absolutely! I hear you about the sun light. I don't know if it does much but I let mine catch some rays when I'm home and a good day out..

But thanks man! :high-five:

Giving some REAL Sunlight can NEVER hurt. Only thing to watch out for is if the plants have never actually been exposed to the real thing. If that is the case, you want to give them morning or afternoon sunlight and preferably with some moderate shade thrown in. After a few days of that they should be able to be placed outside in direct sun without any negative effects.

During the early spring when we are still having a frost danger overnight, I often shuttle some of my plants back and forth between the T5s and the back deck during the day to give them that extra kick you only get from pure sunlight!

Give it a try! It will help out on some growth to your gals at a little faster rate than just under artificial indoor lighting, no matter what kind it is. :thumb:

Hey goose! What's growing on? check out my grow journal when ya get a chance and feel free to leave comments. Any helpful tips on the anti-stretching stuff will be greatly appreciated. Thx
Bloombox Hydroponic Grow - Chrystal

Just checked out your grow and subscribed! :thumb:

Regarding the infamous STRETCH.

I've got two suggestions:

1) Pick up some BushMaster made by "Humbolt's Own" and follow directions within first two weeks of 12/12.

2) Don't go 100% Bloom Bulb on Day 1. Split fixtures 50/50 between 6500k and 3000k for first 4 weeks, then go all 3000k on Week 5 to finish.

1) Pick up some BushMaster made by "Humbolt's Own" and follow directions within first two weeks of 12/12.

2) Don't go 100% Bloom Bulb on Day 1. Split fixtures 50/50 between 6500k and 3000k for first 4 weeks, then go all 3000k on Week 5 to finish.

thx for the info goose. I will def take ur advice. :thanks:

that sounds like a great idea!!! I think I will try that out too!!! great advice there GG7!!!

that sounds like a great idea!!! I think I will try that out too!!! great advice there GG7!!!

No problemo Aston! :high-five:

I just started using BushMaster myself after hearing amazing things about it for the last few years. It definitely stopped the Blueberry Kush "stretch" dead in its tracks after the second treatment. I have since used it on the GDP and Urkle plants in the Bloom Room. The GDP responded, but the Urkle is being a bit tougher to tame! I tell ya... That strain is a real "Monkey"! It LOVES to climb! Almost like a vine! :trance:

Probably going to have to give the Urkle THREE treatments instead of the usual two.

The Latest Photos!

I've already posted these on my Journal, but in the spirit of perfect sync, here they are again in rapid succession. For a version with captions, check out my grow journal linked in my sig.

P1011023.JPG

P1011028.JPG

P1011022.JPG

P1011029.JPG

P1011026.JPG

P1011052.JPG
P1011066.JPG
P1011060.JPG
P1011062.JPG
P1011064.JPG
P1011061.JPG

GDP #2 Week 2 of Flowering

P1010968.JPG
P10109661.JPG

GDP #2 Week 3 of Flowering

P1011041.JPG
P1011042.JPG

Hey broski how's it growski...these look so nice, your journals are bad ass , I wish I wasn't so disorganized, just wanted to say it's real cool that you impart your knowledge on people , anyone who wants to have success can just follow your journal. By the way what's the average night temp outside there. Does the temp drop make all the difference with the colors or do ya think genetics plays the role. I've had purple plants, PH 1..and I don't believe I have a drastic change in temp, five degrees maybe seven.

Hey broski how's it growski...these look so nice, your journals are bad ass , I wish I wasn't so disorganized, just wanted to say it's real cool that you impart your knowledge on people , anyone who wants to have success can just follow your journal. By the way what's the average night temp outside there. Does the temp drop make all the difference with the colors or do ya think genetics plays the role. I've had purple plants, PH 1..and I don't believe I have a drastic change in temp, five degrees maybe seven.

Hey Kdog!

Thanks for the kind words! I enjoy sharing what I know and what I am working on with other folks, just like I like reading what others are up to! I figure, WHY NOT SHARE? If something here in this thread or one of my other threads helps just ONE person, then it was worth posting it! :thumb:

As for our overnight low temps? July and August are our warmest months of the year, and we are averaging in the mid 50s overnight and high 80s to low 90s during the day. Like any mountain environment, we have a pretty big swing in temps from our lows to our highs.

Beautiful plants sir I Have tried some GDP 1 time and its absolutely amazing I wish i was as fortunate as you to have a 100% legitimacy set of plants going :adore:

Thanks Man and welcome to the thread! :)

I can't wait to try this stuff out when I get some buds! The one plant in my Bloom Room is entering into week 4 of flowering this Saturday, and so far, it looks really nice with DENSE flower tops. About twice the number of hairs on each top than I am seeing on the Blueberry Kush plants. The more hairs on the flower tops the denser the buds will be at harvest!

Much smaller buds than your average plant, but if the quality is there, the size is not as important. Besides, I grind them all up in a grinder before vaping them anyway, so its al good! :thumb:

Thanks again for checking in!

How do we know if its real gdp, and is that the same as mendo purps? Or is mendo purps the countys own version of gdp

You have to know your source and trust their proof and evidence of the pedigree.

Mendo Purps are strains like Purple Urkle and other wild NorCal purp strains. As I mentioned before, the "P" in GDP comes from the Purple Urkle that was crossed with Oregon Big Bud to create the original GDP mother plant.

Mini Photo Update!

P1011083.JPG

After topping both GDP 1 and GDP 3, we have moved them to the shady back hill area of our roomey garden. Here the plants will get more shade mixed with sun and a cool southern breeze every afternoon.

All the plants sitting on the "hill" are looking great and showing no signs of needing or wanting for anything but plain old garden hose water! :thumb:

I'll have much more to report this weekend when we update the GDP in the flower room Week #4! :cheer:

You have to know your source and trust their proof and evidence of the pedigree.

Mendo Purps are strains like Purple Urkle and other wild NorCal purp strains. As I mentioned before, the "P" in GDP comes from the Purple Urkle that was crossed with Oregon Big Bud to create the original GDP mother plant.

I've seen you post now and again talking about GDP as a clone only plant...What I don't really understand is how any plant can be clone only...Don't they all have the ability to either herm or be forced to produce seeds....I ask this because i've been told the same about the afgoo plant yet i'm growing it from a plant that hermied and produced seeds...Also couldn't the same plant be re-made, for lack of a better term, by crossing the 2 original parents again? I'm a noob and still learning so any incite you can shed on me is much appreciated. Thanks!
~Cmitch

Some strains start as clone o.ly maybe they dont have the original male pollen but that just means wait a couple harvests and someone will produce seeds..theres ways like spraying em..

Back
Top Bottom