CFL Grow Journal - Auto Carmella - Quick One

I've got four plants, i suffered a little with high temps but raising the lights sorted that out, but that had a side effect of it's own and now I've got a cupboard full of lanky larries. I think they've stopped the vertical growth now which is nice because they had like an inch of clearance before it was toasted tops time. I'm throughly enjoying growing weed, even with the niggles :)

chopped the Quick one today, day 9:) forgot to take a pic before i choppd it but, alot of the big green leaves naturaly died on the plant during the last week and a half, they got easy to pick off the plant they were that dead. i say it was just the plant comming to its life end and or using the nutes from the leaves for bud production:) il upload some pics later:peace: :roorrip:

just a couple of pics of some new gear and presents from royal queen :ganjamon:
IMG_0016103.JPG
IMG_0017106.JPG
i dont advise thoes easy rolls. ud think they would make the force of the pull stronger since its possible and all. i dodgy about hanging my lights on them incase in the middle of the night or something they decide they cant hold the lights weight.. fuk that.
IMG_0019103.JPG
IMG_002192.JPG
cool poster and seeds from R.Q:D and a couple of my other ones
IMG_002289.JPG

:cheer::cheer::bravo: was that some new white reflector sheeting I see in the pic :cheer:extra lighting:high-five: but the metal ducting confuses me u setting up a carbon scrubber this round? Tunneling in some fresh air? Or wanting to pump the heat as far away as possible this time mate? :passitleft: those grow yo things do they not have a locking mechanism I no u pull it down to where you want and it rests there but is there not a bit to twist or something secure it in place? :bong: cant wait untill you get set up I wanna see your jack herer shes meant to be a real stunner and white widow I have dinafems xxl genetics so be good to see royal queens first but quick question how do you find royal queen seeds? And how come you always go rq? I ask because out of all the plants I have had my trq bluematic dissappointed me most she had a nice main cola but small compact plant and no coloring to her I only got the bean bacause I wannted some purple buddage:volcano-smiley:

whats up Scot. :tokin: yea it is some shiny mylar, hope it bounces the light nicely :) and nope not getting one of them big circle things haha. spot on with 2nd and 3rd guess, get outdoor air for intake and throw the hot air out (for times like during the summer) and trying to get perfect grow room conditions for the ladies :high-five:. yea they have a locking mec but its not strong enough and i made it tight and still no proper lock :( i was planing on hanging a light with each one but i might have to use the 2 for the one light. Well my R.Q quick one grew quite well and the smoke was quite nice. and they have a couple of stains like Kush's that i wanted to try :roorrip::roorrip: and there NL is suppose to be great grower :yummy: the only seeds i have at the mo are in the first pic and 6 Q.O left. wouldnt mind some colored bud myself id say it be tastie depending in the strain :D :peace:

+rep on getting properly set up :high-five: mylars meant to be amazing for light reflection only a small % of light is lost :slide: with the pipe are you running it passive or air induction? (A small fan in each pipe) I may need to follow your lead and do something like that 50* temps are a joke lol I have seen 4of them hang the same reflector that I have(the hydro shop does a demonstration on youtube) so 1bulb per ratchet shud be ok but I get what your saying better to be safe than sorry :roorrip: all nl I have seen are fluxing humungous my ones the biggest plant I got shes like a xmas tree I guess the quick one is a regular strain for you? Ive got 2kinds of red automatics im going to grow this winter but im going for a black photo lady next going to crack the bean today just in middle of talking my brother into doing one side by side :volcano-smiley:

Thanks man! yea i thought it would be worth my while getting it:D there will be computer fans at the start of each pipe. ones 120mm with 2 speeds, and ones 90mm i plan on using the 120mm for air out fitted clostest to the growbox side of the ducting. and the 90mm fitted clostest to the outside on the opposite side of the ducting (near the air). yea i seen that a while ago when u posted it :O thats killer heat haha :hookah: yea same here all the NLs iv seen or heard of have been big or nice growing in some way or another:) only growen it once so far but the other 6 should be good:roorrip: Nice :rollit: some like black widow or the likes?

Yeaa stuff like that is always a good shout cant have too much light bouncing around :thumb: sounds like a plan how will you be powering the computer fans using a old pc, car battery, solar cell? I think I may have to use the same system just add in some activated carbon in too the exhaust pipe too screen odour through :rollit: it was ridiculous I couldnt go up to the tent the heat was just too much luckily ladies didnt seem to mind theyve had a fan since :rofl: they are big old trees :roorrip: samsara seeds sweet black angel I just put her in a mix of perlite vermiculite compost and eggshell to germ I cant wait to get this photo grow under way the sooner its done sooner I can get my next auto batch in got some really nice beans photo is xmas smoke and autos after will be my birthday smoke harvests should be a week before each :lot-o-toke:

The solar things not a bad idead i was thinking of that before. and was woundeing could i huck the comp fans i have to a solar pannel and use the light in the room to power the solar or does it have to be sun rays ? but at the moment iv them both hucked up to one 12v plug, using one of them wire connectors and they run grand :) yea i ment to say about the filtering, im gona use a hoover filter at either end of the ducting to catch stuff . Nice Growin:goodjob: iv seen them take of over the last month, u can notice the upgrade difference in this grow to ur last:D things look abit taller and bushyer i think, u have things sussed for bday smoke :goodjob: :high-five:

I was really sad when I saw your plants all dead :( but now that I see your going to give it an even more serious effort I am on board! Good luck cant wait to see a pic of everything set up and rocking!

You can place the panel In the tent the light charges it there was someone talking about it the other day coorganics lightaddict or someone it waz on bars thread as they wondered if it had enough power for a aerocloner :bong: ohh so you can hook them up to mains? That helps are there any risks? :goodjob: on the hoover filter dont wa t to be covering your ladiez In bugs and dust :rofl: its gone crazy this grow one plant ztarted with those horrible 3fingered leaves and got throw outside and my airpots a mess and brought out now but the rest are so tall the weights bending them I need to tie all colas asap lol :roorrip:

lovely stuff, just got find a pannel and huck them up to see if it works:) il have a flick around anyways for info on that cheers :Namaste: sure can plug them straight in. u mean about hazzards... im not 100% sure comp fans can run on 2 types of motars as far as i kno, ballerring and the other one hah. ones quieter then the other and they can smoke ( &/or catch fire, if the wirings not right) its easy tho il trow up a quick pic later of them :D Ye iv noticed, i dont like that skinny 3 finger thing i got that aswel :/ is the NL one of the effected ones?

Let me no what you come up with mate :passitleft: not a problem ive picked up so much info on my journey its gd to be able to pass it on :Namaste:see that kind of thing scares me I get paranoid even just with the bulb of fire risk :rofl: have to leave the loft hatch open keep an eye at night :rofl: but be good too see how you have it connected :high-five: im gonna need to do something :peace: yeah my fastbud last grow reverted to it and my cream mandarine this grow came out the bean like it on further research I found its ruderalis the plant has reverted to its wild form due to stress/ genetics but no thankfully the northern has not she is a massive christmas tree with an abundance of buds that will hopefully fatten but she is losing leaves all over atm she is the largest plant that looks rather pale in the back right hand corner near touchin the cfl I had to snip the top
20140817_184151.jpg

wil do il post a pic in the morn of the wiring, coldnt find cam today. thats a handy bit of info, so basically when there stressed the plant goes for the easyer or qucker growing genes (Ruds) so the plant can stay alive longer. Thats what im kinda gettin from that:D but its no use to us if it goes all ruds of course:hookah: maby a small smoke alarm ? might give u a piece of mind at night:) :sleep: Thats good to hear the NLs gowing nice, Cant wait for mine to get going :grinjoint: i think the loosing leaves might be heat effect could be wrong but it happened my Quickone. had lovely big green leaves and started loosing them and since there both indicas, they dont like too much heat rather then the sativas (duno if applys with all indics could be wrong to not 100%) its these little things that are soon to be conquered :blunt::blunt:

Cheers mate :passitleft: yep basically so altho my fastbud that went rudy was a nice smoke still :bong: :rofl: I live in a maisonette theres plasterboard separates mine n my paramedic and biology lecturer gay couple neighbours if it started going off at 3am im sure they would ask questions im thinking moving tent though so its right above loft hatch and then can have an alarm ill just say it was room one and noise carried cheers fam :blunt: it could be they go dry and crispy overnight from being healthy and most of my plants are indicas and have all struggled a bit except my sativas they are indeed alot better at uptake I never even thought of that will def need to do blue northern in the winter grow so cooler temps and do sativas in summer :thanks:

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom