budstep's 12/12 FS PC Stealth Grow with CFL's

Gppd to hear that she progresses.
Anyway, so I transplanted her today in to a 1 liter soda bottle.
Transplant itself seemed so rough and painfull and wrong and I almost shed a tear doin it. I realy hope I didnt hurt her much or even worst, killed her.

Hey Mono, thank you for dropping by.
Yes, I plan on doing some LST when those main colas start to show and then I will come up with a plan of how I will tie them down. I did try and made one but it turned out to be very bad one hehe. Problem is that I live in Latvia it sucks here, no choices what so ever, everything is so generic here. I wanted to make one I found on internet from Pencil cups and pantyhose but there are only one type and one size pencil cups in every single shop, I mean in every shop there is the same freaking thing. Ok, sorry for the rage :)
I know I had a plan with the carbon foam, but instead I bought carbon sponges for aquarium filters, checked their homepage it says it also removes smells so hopefully it will work, if not I have different plan involving those sponges like adding 2nd layer and adding very crushed activated carbon with ions or something between the layers. Asked in the shop about that crushed carbon and they said that it deffo removes smells and I hope it does, because that stuff was expensive.

And thank you Mono for input and help, much appreciated. +Rep goes your way bud

Hi budstep.... You now have another follower, my latvian friend

I have a stealth, low budget set up aswell. All organic and fed for free. My first ever grow too..

I see the lovely dresney has been doing you proud so far

Best of luck fellow grower, i will help if i can

:Namaste:

Pop over to my journal if have time, might help you..

Thank you for joining my journey in growing, Budworshipper
Yes, that lovely lady is following my grow from the beginning.
I will most likely drop by your journal some time tomorrow, most of my day will be free then so I will need some inspiration and time passing till the lights turn on again :)

I wonder if it would be possible to vent through some ducting / tubing etc and having that go into a chamber of water, pass through some form of aquarium filter then pass back out the end. Clean...

I bet that would work in any other situation but when it goes to my setup it would brake all the stealth concept. Unless I could find a way to hide all that and assuming my PC fans cfm could brake the water surface.
And I read somewhere similar setup with ducting and water and bucket only there was scented oils mixed in the water so the air from bucket comes out smelling nice.

I bet that would work in any other situation but when it goes to my setup it would brake all the stealth concept. Unless I could find a way to hide all that and assuming my PC fans cfm could brake the water surface.
And I read somewhere similar setup with ducting and water and bucket only there was scented oils mixed in the water so the air from bucket comes out smelling nice.

For a real stealth set up imagine -

PC box vented --- Through the fish tank --- Out into cupboards.

How many plants are you planning on growing at one time? I honestly can't see one plant causing too many smell problems unless you have people around every day.

Simple things like keeping the door closed on the room the plant is in helps. Opening windows when you can. Occasional air freshener to hide it lol. Also, if it's only the one you could just grow a couple of house plants and blame the smell on them if anyone asked ;)

I plan on 1 plant at a time for now. I don't know if my wife would appreciate any smell hehe, Not cuz she hates it but if someone comes over. But the idea about house plants is just brilliant. I always thought about growing chilly peppers at some point and then I could blame it on that ''special exotic'' chilly pepper :)

But in theory you could have air pushed thru homemade carbon filter into a cabinet. Have aquarium air pumps, then pump that air into an aquarium or other similar sized items... Big bucket for example.... Using some aromatherapy oils in the water would help the smell. If you put air stones on the ends it will diffuse the air into really tiny bubbles..

I wouldnt put oils in with live fish tho...

As the bubbles ripple the water it should prevent stagnation of the water, keeping it fresher for longer. Will still need refreshing tho.

All could be housed in a stealthy box...

It is feasible....

Wonderful Idea with the venting into cupboard and out through the fish tank! Things like basil smell strong, lavender smell strong all year round. Many ornamental heathers look great and smell all year round too.

So many options for masking the smell. Also, house plants help create a better living environment for cleaner air and obviously the aesthetic appeal too.

I noticed that a lot of cannabis growers also love to grow chilly peppers when going through varius journals. quite interesting. Also got me interested in growing lavender I will realy consider that idea over the night and do some research tomorrow.

I just got home from work, poured glass of whiskey, drank it all before opening up my box to check up on Ruthless and Holy Freakin Chicken on a Stick what I saw. After all that abuse yesterday on transplanting her where Im sure I heard her cry and I think I felt some roots cracking not to mention i know I used too much water after ( I read forums at work about transplanting and I did every single mistake you can possibly imagine including conditions that you need after for better recovery) I was sure she will be dead in there. But NO
She looks better then ever, she looks even happy all perked up and continues to progress on new growth. This is just unreal, just can't hold my excitement at this point.
Day11a1.jpg

Day11b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom