budstep's 12/12 FS PC Stealth Grow with CFL's

Hi budstep, i love your setup, i looked really hard at one of those a while back... Ended up being given a closet that i'm now preparing for my next grow.

Anyway, what i wanted to ask was how are you powering your PC fans? I myself thought about keeping the PC's original power, but i found that it took alot of space and created quite alot of heat. I ended up choosing AC powered fans, just like the original ones (mine are 12cm, made by sunon) but they hook right into an outlet, just like a light socket. The performance is ridiculous at (2x)110CFM, way too much for my closet, i run them through a dimmer so i can have speed control.

Hope that helped, maybe we can get a bit more space out of that box. Happy growing!

Hey Shin and welcome,
I rigged them to old universal phone charger with power controll built in it where I can choose how many V it gets from 3V to 12V that also allows me to control temperature in the box.
Me and my wife atm are talking about moving houses after I finish this lady and there I might have a bigger place for growing, so I'm looking forward to that.

Mono - Thats my plan for LSTing her all over that place and make a nice bush with atleast 5 tops and defoling the bottom and maybe even picking off bottom popcorn buds, that is if I will be able to fit in 3rd bulb on the top.

Dresney - Thank you, that was just a quick fix since I planned to repot her in a 1L Ice Cream box but my wife threw it out accidentally, so I smoked up and let the ideas come to me :) Worked out fine and I'm happy.

As for Ruthless - After 24hours after training her top was pointing up again. Also watered her since the newest growth that came after FIM looked all sad but old leaves looked unaffected so I checked the soil, it was all desert dry. Now I feel the watering will become abit more regular. Where 16oz solo cup was lasting 6days before and now 1Liter bottle lasted for 5 days.

Little update untill I figure out what the hell happened to my phone that I can't take the pictures from my phone due to some USB issues.

After closely inspecting my lady it would seem like I missed my FIM or did it too early or something went wrong cuz there were no new main colas development, so for good meassure I FIMed again. Let's see what happens now ::)

Here is something that I have in my fridge
photo_php1.jpg

11 seeds of Indor Mix - There are 11 random feminised seeds from breeders collection that are crossed between each other so it will be all random. They are for me to practice a little till I'm cofortable with growing

2 fem seeds of Blue Cheese - I'm very interested in this strain as I have read good things about this strain, crazy uplifting head high, that's what they say.

1 fem seed of Power Flower - This is the strain that I'm most excited about, I'll hold on to this till I can get a bigger grow space so I can give a propper veg time and get the most of it If this is as close to hollands Power Plant as they say it is. Still remember from the time I was living in Holland this was the smoke of my choice any time of the day or night. Crazy strain.

2 reg seeds of Kerala X Skunk 1 - I have no information about this strain as this was a free seed I got from my order. I will do my research about it some day and then will see when I decide to grow it. If anyone has grown it and smoked it please let me know.

Peace :peace:

A little update

After 2nd FIM I now can see already where at least 2 colas are forming so I'm very happy that it worked. And I was very surprised that after my last watering only 2 days passed and on 3rd day yesterday soil was very dry and I had to water again.

And now I'm looking for someones opinion about nutrients. For now she doesn't show that she might need any, but I'm thinking to start giving a very highly deluded dose of tomato nutrients that I found in a dark corner in my house on next watering or to hold out till she shows that she needs em.

I also picked off one leave from the bottom that was just forced in the soil after LST. Just didn't like it how it looks :)

I'm going to stick with the synthetic tomato nutes for now, as this is just a test run to take notes and learn from mistakes and see what can be done etc. But once I do a bigger grows in bigger space I will invest some money in better nutes, most likely some organic ones. Mostly because I have seen what you have done and I'm well impressed by the results.
Just atm bit confused when to introduce my lady with tomato ''juice'' :)

Ok, Picture time:
It is 19 days from sprout
Outside Look
IMG_20140119_232132.jpg

Inside Look
IMG_20140119_232153.jpg

I had to pull her a little lower today that's why her top isn't realy faceing up. Also I noticed today few white long hairs, yay for pistils, growing near the place where I FIMed her the 2nd time. So I guess this is the day when flowering officially starts.

I did some reading today about smell and I read that plants usually start giving out atleast some smell arround when they are 2 weeks old but for my Ruthless in 2 days will be 3 weeks and few pistils but there are no signs of any sell, not even a faint plantish smell. Guess I'm lucky with that :) but otherwise she looks healthy and happy all perked up and growing like a boss.

I'm going to stick with the synthetic tomato nutes for now, as this is just a test run to take notes and learn from mistakes and see what can be done etc. But once I do a bigger grows in bigger space I will invest some money in better nutes, most likely some organic ones. Mostly because I have seen what you have done and I'm well impressed by the results.
Just atm bit confused when to introduce my lady with tomato ''juice'' :)

For synthetic nutrients I highly recommend the Canna line of nutrients. Consistently great results :)

Sorry for the lack of updates lately but I'm just too lazy these last few days. So I'll just post a pic and do a propper update toorrow.

A side view from yesterday
sideshot5.jpg

And mini join day today
mini2.jpg

Here's a bit of an update friends.
I watered Ruthless on 21st, 24th and will water today on 26th of Jan, so every third day the soil is all dry and ready to be watered.
On 24th I introduced her with nutrients for the 1st time and so far she has been taking it nicely but today I will water only with a plain water and next watering on 28th will give nutrients again.

Last night after inspecting I have 6 spots forming pistils already, so next picture update will be with loads of lady hairs show off.

As for the 2nd FIM I attempted, it turned out a topping. FIMed the FIM :) ooooh yeah...

No, I topped her 3 days before she showed her first pistils.

So I just watered her and inspected and I see pistils everywhere just waiting a little till they are a bit more noticable to camera to take pictures.

And I forgot to mention the smell - There is no smell.

I'm also picking 1 leave off every 2nd day from the bigger fan leaves but prioritise the ones that are covering the budsites.

Hi there budstep...

All looking green and healthy, as usual my friend.

Nice LST and control measures you got going on.

Good thinking on the nutes, stagger the nutes/ water.. That way the chances of problems are reduced. She may need more/ less but im sure you will get it sorted just fine.

Awesome job so far

:thumb:

Thank You Bud

I released her loose yesterday so she will be free for a few days then I tie her down again but only this time those 2 newest tops.

ATM I have 5 liter bottle mixed with 1/8 from the recomended strenght stashed in a safe place.

Back
Top Bottom