Homemade Grow-Box - First Grow Ever!

Re: Homemade grow-box. First grow ever!

I usually water mine abot the same. Water when the pot is light. I water so 20% of that water comes back out of the bottom. Then I feel the weight of the pot when its full of water. I then feel until the pot is light again and the soil has come away from the sides a little.
Remember it wont benefit from trying to water as often as you can, they like dry times to, to form good strong roots.

If it's always wet the roots will stay in a ball in the middle and not go looking for water which is they really like.:thumb:

well I usually take mine out of the grow room and water in the bath so that any run off runs away and not back into the bucket with old foods. Its quite easy to do if your only looking after a couple.

that makes sense. Is the reason for letting so much runoff to help clear the old nutes and stuff from within the soil?

Yeah exactly, the medium is then what you give it, giving you more control. Just make sure you have really good drainage when you re-pot! I say 20% run off , but it more realistically like 10%.:thumb:

Unfortunately these two babies died today. or maybe yesterday i really dont know.... i went away skiing for three days and had arranged for a friend to water my plants but he ended up not there fore when i opened the box today all i found was shriveled up little fuckers... very disappointed. now i must start over yet again. atleast i now have time to buy some more CFLs and painted the inside white... :confused::bong:

Any one know any methods of self watering or something seeing as i cant always access my plants to water.... any ideas would be appreciated

Ive seen the outdoor rambo guys with some good ideas because they cant spend alot of time tramping in to water plants. Water crystals seem like a desent idea, even a more water retentive soil/medium. You could even make something cheap like maybe a thin tube(s) that you can put water into and put small hole in the them to make a drip feed typr watering system? You could even half bury the tube/bottle or just sit it on the soil below the plant?

Just ideas...

Thanks for the idea :thanks: im going to look into some methods and improve the grow box before i start again

Back
Top Bottom