First Grow Ever

ok im kinda pissed right now. i dropped 9 bucks a digital thermometer/ humidtiy thing and compared it to my old mercucy one its off by like 30 degrees. thought my box was over heating this whole time but nope this thing just sucks!!

That dont seem right .........:420:

Never heard of one being that far off, is it set to celsis or something ?

nall if that was the case it would read way below the mercury. but i sat it outside again and it got up to 100F... its 55f outside!! wtf.. i felt and the case was pretty hot as if the sun warmed it up pretty good despite air temp. so im guessing the lights are doing the same causing false readings

So its what i believe is the end of week 2. And this is what we have so far. I had some issues with heat but i believe its all worked out now. I started watering with big bloom and so far so good. I did to tablespoons into a gallon of distilled water then saturated the soil. So ill water again when it becomes bone dry
2012-12-22_12-56-43_540.jpg

first off thanks for stopping by and i was watering enough to wet the root but the first set of leaves as you can see had some problems either with heat or over watering or not enough watering so 3 days ago i completely saturated the soil with distilled water mixed with 2 tablespoons of ff big bloom and so far all seems well. my next water will be when shes about dry

Nice start dude.

I don't understand you wanting a 2 or 3 foot plant in a case that is barely 2 ft high. Minus the bulbs and container height, you are gonna need to do a lot of pruning and lst to keep her at a manageable size.

You can try to mount the bulbs horizontally to save a few inches.

And a larger flatter container to give the roots more room.

Good luck.

Nice start dude.

I don't understand you wanting a 2 or 3 foot plant in a case that is barely 2 ft high. Minus the bulbs and container height, you are gonna need to do a lot of pruning and lst to keep her at a manageable size.

You can try to mount the bulbs horizontally to save a few inches.

And a larger flatter container to give the roots more room.

Good luck.

Yeah i know what you mean. If push comes to shove I'll move to a closet but I wanna finish it here. I was hoping lst and start. 12/12 now might slow it down to what I want but once again this is my first grow so. Def need a better pot suited for the roots and space. Thanks for the advice

hey i just came across your journal.... looks like your off to a good start . my only advice it that now that your in 12/12 its gonna wanna stretch. lst will help a lot maybe even topping before it shows sex and flowers also if you are going to up size your pot you should do it soon so it doesn't get stressed when it really starts to flower. you seem to have it all under control tho. i look forward to seeing how you do.
:ganjamon:

hey i just came across your journal.... looks like your off to a good start . my only advice it that now that your in 12/12 its gonna wanna stretch. lst will help a lot maybe even topping before it shows sex and flowers also if you are going to up size your pot you should do it soon so it doesn't get stressed when it really starts to flower. you seem to have it all under control tho. i look forward to seeing how you do.
:ganjamon:

hey thanks for stopping good info is always welcome:thanks: so wasnt sure when to start lst so im guessing now is fine. ive read people wait till the third week of veg then start. i just kicked off my third week. and i would top but im very inexperienced and dont wanna risk cutting the wrong thing or the wrong way. gonna switch pots today, i think a 2 gallon will do just fine. someone correct me if im wrong on that

i just transplanted to the final pot. it was actually easier than i imagined. gonna grab some tiger bloom next week. also ive enjoyed this so much think im gonna get another seed going :peace:

Back
Top Bottom